Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Smallville Season Two (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smallville Season Two (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Smallville 2 arrived early (nope, not on sale until Wednesday) but I can open...

Box #1
2 base sets
BL2
DC9, DC8, DC7
dp6, dp5
A11 John Glover Dance
PW3: Cloe's Dress (Redemption)

Overall, a great looking set. The Day Is Coming puzzle cards are embossed and very nice looking. The Til Death Do Us Part 6 card set is also nice, but the numbers are small and almost impossible to read.

The base set is well done again, with 2 base sets. Again, the numbers are a bit hard to read, so sometimes it is a bit hard to sort these.

Pulled the auto I wanted for me in the first box! Thumb Up

Will report back when I find out if the pieceworks are just too thick for packs or if they are not actually available yet. And on a few more boxes...

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 12, 2003 at 12:06 PM.]

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Since I am just a lowly collector, The wait for my case is going to long and hard. I will let everyone know what I get wheneven my case arrives.
Hopefully soon.

"The odds of christmas being Christmas are 365 to 1!" C-3P0-Star wars christmas special.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I don't have a breakdown, but having looked at the cards on eBay, I can say that Tom O'Brien may have the single worst autograph I have ever seen. Ugh Twak (It occurs to me that we need a graemlin that looks like it is gagging for cards like this)

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
Tom O'Brien's signature looks very much like my lawers LOL.

After reading peoples comments about autograph cards over the last little while, I have to shake my head. I can't figure out if collectors want:

A) The actor's authentic signature - what they really sign their name like
or
B) A neatly printed or written name that is not really their signature.

???

I thought that the idea of an authentic signture meant that you wanted to be guaranteed the real thing, whether they have messy writing or not?!?!?!?

T.

"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Well, I like their real signature, I just like it to look like more than a spasm caught on cardboard.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...then you'd better send about 80% of the population back to penmanship class LOL.

T.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
After looking over the autos on ebay I'd say Emmanuelle Vaugier easily has the nicest looking autograph. I think I'll have to get one to go with her Charmed autograph in my collection.

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Man, Tom O'Brien's sig looks like he drew a little tornado with little cows and picket fences inside...!

But that's the price we pay for stars who have good looking sigs...

My handwriting ain't all that great when just writing, but I've spent many hours over the years perfecting my signature Shake Head (and my actor name signature- no not Buck Naked thank you! Twak but 98% of the population can't pronounce my name correctly without hearing me say it)

If A Million Monkeys Pounded Away On A Million Typewriters For A Million Years, Would Shakespeare's Work Be Reproduced?

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I think that with a thin marker, Tom O'Brien's sig might have at least had lines, but with that thick stub of a marker, it just ended up a big blob.

Incarnadine, I have an extra Smallville Emmannuelle auto if you are interested. Let me know. I also have an extra Glover if anyone is looking for either.

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
The Jason Connery one I saw looked more like initials, but I WANT it (and it's on the way via a presale - could NOT wait)...

I haven't bought my 2 boxes yet, but I will Smile Keep the breakdowns coming!

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have more breakdowns? I'm dying to hear how a case breaks down.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Don't have time for a box-by-box breakdown, sorry. Collation on this set was very good.

Base Sets: looks like around 25
Case Loader: 1 (very cool card)
Box Loaders: 3 full sets(BL1-3) + one extra BL2
Till Death Do Us Part: 3 full sets (of 6 cards) + one extra dp4 and dp5
The Day Is Coming: 3 full sets (of 9 cards) + one extra DC-1, DC-7, DC-8, DC-9
Autographs: 1 of each auto in the set. Nice! Thumb Up
Pieceworks: 1 of each Pieceworks in the set (again, nice! Thumb Up) + one extra PW4 (Pete's shirt) and PW7 (Lionel's shirt)

A very nice looking set. I especially like the fun, colorful Pieceworks cards.

Dobby, let me know if you want to trade. Big Grin

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
A very nice looking set. I especially like the fun, colorful Pieceworks cards.

Yeah, the pictures I've seen of them look great...

Was just at one of our advertiser's websites looking at the pictures of the pieceworks & autos (psssttt A9, 10 & 11 are misnamed A10, 11 & 9). Neat cards!!!

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
one extra PW4 (Pete's shirt) and PW7 (Lionel's shirt)
Dobby, let me know if you want to trade. Big Grin

Just what the Doctor ordered! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tialessa

T. Wink

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
box 2395
Bl1
Dc3, dc6, dc7, dc8
Dp3, Dp5, dp6
A16-wALSH
pw8 -lex shirt

BOX 2396
BL2
dc1, DC2, DC9
dP1, dP2
A12-EMMANUEAL VAUGIER
pW4-PETES SHIRT

BOX 2397
BL3
DC6, DC7, DC8
DP5, DP6
A7-ANNETTE o'TOOLE
PW7-LIONELS SHIRT

bOX 2398
bL1
DC3, DC4, DC5
dP3, DP4
A11 TOM o'BRIEN
pW4-PETE'S SHIRT AGAIN

bOX 2399
BL2
DC1, DC2, DC9
DP5, DP6
A13-JASON CONNERY
PW7-LIONEL'S SHIRT AGAIN

BOX 2400
bL3
DC3, DC4, DC5
DP1, DP2
A12-EMMANUELL VAUGIER AND A16 WALSH(IN THE SAME PACK) Elephant Elephant
PW4-PETES FRIGGIN SHIRT 3RD TIME

bOX 2401
BL1
DC1, DC2, DC3, DC4
DP1, DP2
A14 hENRY SMALLS
PW7 LIONEL'S SHIRT FOR THE THRID TIME

bOX 2402
BL2
DC5, DC6, DC7
DP3, DP4
A10 AUNT NEIL
PW5-mARTHA KENT

BOX 2403
bL3
DC1, DC8, DC9
DP5, DP6
A15 MULL
PW8 LEX'S SHIRT AGAIN

bOX 2404
bL1
DC7, DC8, DC9
dP5, DP6
A9-JOHN gLOVER
PW4-[ETE'S SHIRT ONCE AGAIN!

oVERALL QUITE PLEASED! a GREAT LOOKING SET.
11 AUTOS 9 DIFFERENT STILL NEED A8 PETE SAMJONES3
10 PIECEWORKS ONLY 4 DIFFERENT BUT HAVE ALREADY TRADED FOR THE 4 I NEED.

A movie I would like to see.
Leatherface vrs. Grandpa Joe.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Seems like a pretty decent breakdown, despite the dups...

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering if any of the pieceworks were harder to get than others (like the kennedy shirt pw-3 was from buffy 7). There aren't really enough breakdowns in this thread to judge but the Chloe redemption for PW-3 doesn't seem to pop up as much as the others and it was one of just 2 cards I wanted from this set (the other being an Emmanuel Vaugier auto which I still need). I finally got one on ebay last night (actually I got 2 as a second one slipped through just minutes after I won one from a board member here and I couldn't resist getting a spare). I just looked at ebay and there are none currently listed which is odd for a recent release.

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that the Lana Jacket PW2 is harder to get then the rest.
I have not heard about the PW3 Cloie being harder to find.
The most common thing I have heard from several different sources is that all the autos were inserted at the same rate. So it is as easy to get an O'toole, Glover, Vaugier as is it to get an O'brien, COnnery, Walsh.

A movie I would like to see.
Leatherface vrs. Grandpa Joe.

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
The most common thing I have heard from several different sources is that all the autos were inserted at the same rate.

That is actually a *very* good thing to hear...

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post