Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Playmates In Bed (Stellar)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playmates In Bed (Stellar)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
I busted 5 boxes of the new "Playmates In Bed" cards from Stellar Collectibles yesterday. Here is what I came up with.

VOLUPTUOUS VIXENS 1 complete 10 card set, 1 card short of a second set, and 10 extra cards.

PLAYMATES AT NIGHT 2 complete 10 card sets, with 10 extras.

HOT SHEETS (Pieceworks)
Hiromi Oshima OH/HS white
Tailor James TJ/HS1 pink
Lani Todd LD/HS1 purple satin
Suzanne Stokes SST/HS white fur Big Grin
Carmella DeCesare CD/HS white felt Big Grin

AUTOGRAPHS
Tailor James
Carmella DeCesare Big Grin
Irina Voronina x2 Big Grin Big Grin
Rebecca Ramos
Shanna Moakler Big Grin
Lindsey Vuolo
Anka Romensky
Colleen Marie

RUBY FOIL AUTOGRAPHS
Luci Victoria x2
Anka Romensky
Tailor James

The base set consists of 100 cards and while it does have some models I've heard of before, it's rather bland looking. The Playmates at night is an attractive insert set as is the Voluptuous Vixens set. The Hot Sheets set is definitely my favorite looking set, the Suzanne Stokes with the fur is awesome looking. I really came out way ahead on the autographs as in four instances it appeared that the sorting machine put two autograph cards together into my packs. Very lucky for me, but that probably means somebody else got burned. As for the Ruby Foil cards, the pictures on these are exactly the same as the regular autograph cards. The only difference being the rabbit is done in red foil instead of gold. These cards also come in a top loader which is sealed with a holographic seal that is numbered.
A nice set, but I still prefer Stellars Sports Illustrated set with autographs, memorabilia cards, Body Paint, and Body Sand cards!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow Eek .

You really beat the stated odds on those boxes.According to stellars website the auto's are one a box and you averaged better than double that Dance.You also got 4 of the Ruby auto's in five boxes when the odds are 3 in every case of 10.

I would love to get some of these but there is only one UK dealer who I know of and his prices are too high.Must look out for them when I am next in the USA.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Wow Eek .
I would love to get some of these but there is only one UK dealer who I know of and his prices are too high.

Agree there

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
standardized title.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I just opened up a sealed box of these cards myself. I got the expected number of inserts, including Vixens, Playmates at Night, autos, and Hot Sheets. However, I found the collation to be less than--shall we say--stellar (sorry, couldn't resist the pun there). I was only able to make one complete set of base cards, a second set missing 12 cards, and 38 extra base cards. I also received a duplicate Vixen and Playmates at Night card. Is anyone else finding this to be the case in their boxes? Just curious to see what other collectors are finding.

Would have been nice if I had been able to get duplicated autographs or Hot Sheets, but alas...

Anyone wanna do some trading?

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I opened a second box today, and found that this box was much better. Again, I got the expected number of inserts (autograph, Hot Sheets, Vixens, and Playmates at Night cards). I also got a box topper autograph card in this box. The collation was much better, as I was able to complete two base sets with only a few duplicate cards left.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post