Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Wizard of Oz (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard of Oz (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted
Well, I got box 1 of 4. All coming from different dealers. Here's the break for box
#0224 of 5000

2 Complete base sets plus more than enough doubles for a third set. Could have been better colation.

Inserts:
4 Wiz Quiz Puzzle cards #1,2,3,4 (3:40) better than box odds
2 Wicked Witch cards WW-1,2 (2:40)
2 Toto cards TD1,2 (2:40)
1 Before & After B&A2 (1:240)
1 Sketch Joshua Ross B&W Scarecrow (1:40)

At the same insertation rate as the munchkin autos I think I would have rather had one of those than the Before and After insert, but hey pulling a 1 in 6 box insert is nothing to complain about! Nice set. I can't wait for my other three boxes!

{Edited to make thread title conform to others in the box breakdown thread}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I am on my way to a wedding so i will come back and fill in the details later(inserts, base, box numbers, scans maybe) but for now here is my breakdown.

3 Boxes

Box 1---- Sketch of Dorothy and Scarecrow by Chris Henderson(pencil), Scarecrow Pieceworks Card!!!!!!!! Smile

Box 2---- Sketch of Dorothy and gang in horse drawn carriage by Chris Henderson(pencil), Yellow Brick Road pieceworks!!!!!!!!!!

Box 3---- Sketch of witchs feet under house by Chris Henderson (color), Mickey Carroll Autograph, 2nd type of Yellow Brick Road pieceworks!!!!!

My inserts were as follows

Wiz Quiz Questions 1-6,8 and an extra 1
WW 1,4-6, extra 5
B and A 2
TD 4,6, extra 6

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kristy,

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Great breakdowns guys! Smile

If you have time after your wedding, would love to see scans Luv You

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my box today - it was a long wait, but I'm happy with what i pulled.

2 complete 72 card sets
1 partial set of 53 cards, and 34 extras

3 Puzzle cards 6,7,8(3:40)
2 Toto Cards TD 5 & 6 (2:40)
2 Wicked Witch Cards, 3,4 (2:40)
1 Before and After B&A2 (1:240)

1 Sketch card Chris Henderson 23/45 pencil drawing of carriage (pulled by the horse of a different color)

My thoughts on the set - The base cards are extremely nice, a satin finish, colorful pictures, and some very interesting facts on the backs, be sure to read them.
The holofoil inserts all look the same, but the insertion rate is better than Breygent's first 2 releases.Both my Wicked Witch cards were dinged in the top left corner, anyone else notice that?
The sketch was in my very first pack, and was in a sleeve.
There is a card on the box bottom, I'm a card collector, not a box collector, so I cut it out, but I will display the box lid in the binder.
A great set and a nice 3rd effort by a new company.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a scanner so tomorrow sometime I will take digital pics of the cards and load them on my puter, and then I will get them up here. Sorry I can't do it now, busy busy weekend. Frown

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Ok I have pictures but I can't manage to get them on my website in the right size so if anyone more web savvy than me would like me to send them and maybe they can figure out sizes and could host them let me know and I will be happy to do so.

I have edited my above post with insert card breakdowns.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My second box:

2 Complete base sets plus a third set missing just 1 card. Completely different collation than my first box. The first box I had 2 or 4 of every card. This box I had three of most cards and four of some so I was able to almost make a third set. I don’t have the number with me, but this box was later in the run than my first box which was box 224/5000.

Inserts:
3 Wiz Quiz Puzzle cards (3:40)
2 Wicked Witch cards (2:40)
2 Toto cards (2:40)
1 Sketch Chris Henderson B&W Witch’s feet under the house (1:40)

My third box:

I haven’t sorted the base sets yet.

Inserts:
3 Wiz Quiz Puzzle cards (3:40)
3 Wicked Witch cards (2:40) Better than box odds, but two were the same number
2 Toto cards (2:40)
1 Sketch Darren Auck B&W Scarecrow pointing (1:40)

I haven’t scanned either sketch yet, but there are several samples of each on eBay right now you could see what they look like.

I am really bummed that I haven’t pulled a colored sketch card yet. I figured with the odds I wouldn’t pull an auto or prop, so I can understand that, but out of three boxes, you would hope you would get one colored sketch card. I have one more box coming and hopefully that will yield the jackpot!

The sketches are selling for dirt cheap too. I guess everyone is tapped out from LOTR!? There are some color sketches that are way better than some stuff from LOTR selling for dirt cheap prices.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Here are Kristy's pictures:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flobe,

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
I am not the biggest fan of the film but I love this set

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Well i'm a big fan of the film and I can't wait for my 3 boxes to arrive.

Praying for a Judy auto.

Have any been found yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There were two judy autos on Ebay last time i looked.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
so 6 left then. I still have a slim chance to pull one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:

The website says there are 10 total.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Quick question: How thick are the yellow brick cards? Also, what size are they? I know some are 5 x 7, but are any regular size and are they in packs? They look like they must be really thick, it's bothering me not knowing! lol

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Jessica, my yellow brick road card came from a regular pack and is not a 5 x 7 one. If you have seen any of the Potter prop cards that were thick (wand piece, fur) that is about how thick the brick card is.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I've never seen any of the HP cards in person Frown How about the really thick Alias season 2 costumes that they offered as incentives? Or any of the Xena or Farscape costumes?

Also, was it easy to tell that there was something 'special' in that pack?

I think this is one of the coolest prop cards that I have seen yet!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Anybody know if the bonus box bottom card is the same for all boxes or varies?

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Jessica,

The best Xena card that I can remember to compare it to is the 1 that was of Xenas from when they went to heaven/hell, she has a monster face in the picture. Sorry I can't help with that more!
Every box that I opened, I could tell as soon as I picked up the pack that there was something in it, not much thicker than the rest but really hard compared to the others.

Anthony,

All 3 of my box bottoms have the same Dorothy card on them.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:

The website says there are 10 total.

Thanks Dobby, For some reason I thought there were just 8 made. Really hope I get one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kristy:
Jessica, my yellow brick road card came from a regular pack and is not a 5 x 7 one. If you have seen any of the Potter prop cards that were thick (wand piece, fur) that is about how thick the brick card is.

To get 3 prop cards in 3 boxes was a heck of good luck Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post