Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Wizard of Oz (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard of Oz (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amy:
My mother just opened her box (huge OZ fan) and got a Jerry Maren Auto and a Jeff Chandler sketch (the lion as one of the witches guard). I was so happy for her and wanted to share. Smile

Nice to know that there were some good pulls and that the cards will be in the loving hands of a fan! Good Job!

Ed Wave

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Got my 1st of 3 boxes today.

Wizard Of Oz (Breygent) Box Breakdown

Box 1 #0069/5000 (from Klatuu)

2 base sets
3 Puzzle cards #1, 2 & 3 ( The Lion’s)
2 Toto cards TD1 & TD2
2 Wicked Witch cards WW-5 & WW6
0 Autos
1 Sketch card (Scarecrow head shot – COLOUR – Rich A. Mollinelli) pic below
1 Piece of the Scarecrow Straw card SCSS

Altogether a VERY good box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is my first post so please bare with me.
I just open 5 boxes.

Sketch Chris Henderson - Tin Man
Sketch Chris Henderson - Wicked Witch (color)
Sketch Warren Martinech - Farm House

Auto JM1 (Black)
Auto JM1 (Blue)

Prop YBS1

The Wicked Witch Sketch card by Chris Henderson was signed twice, Left top corner in Black and Bottom Right corner in Blue. Anybody else have one like that?

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: Lebanon Pa. | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box

1 base set (at least - stopped after one)

Wicked Witch WW-4, WW-5
Toto TD5, TD6
Wiz Quiz (puzzle) 1, 2, 3

Chris Henderson sketch 15/30

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
1 Sketch card (Scarecrow head shot – COLOUR – Rich A. Mollinelli)

Altogether a VERY good box

That is a great scarecrow by RAM and a great box for you

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Hi FrodoSam! Smile
Welcome to Card Talk Wavey
I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here Thumb Up

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrodoSam:
This is my first post so please bare with me.
I just open 5 boxes.

Sketch Chris Henderson - Wicked Witch (color)
Sketch Warren Martinech - Farm House

Auto JM1 (Black)
Auto JM1 (Blue)

Prop YBS1

The Wicked Witch Sketch card by Chris Henderson was signed twice, Left top corner in Black and Bottom Right corner in Blue. Anybody else have one like that?

Thanks

Nice boxes and welcome to cardtalk Wave

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
My 2nd Box yealded the following:

Box 2 #0831/5000 (from UKPaul)
2 base sets
3 Puzzle cards #5, 6 & 7
3 Toto cards TD4, TD5 & TD6
2 Wicked Witch cards WW-5 & WW6 (again)
1 Autos – JERRY MAREN – The Lollypop Guild Munchkin
1 Sketch card ( The Witch with Monkey – B/W – Chris Henderson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome Number_one and hammer. Wave

Posts: 2 | Location: Lebanon Pa. | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board. I see you did very well with your boxes! Congrats! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened one box last night. At the bottom of the box was a piece of cardboard cut out to fit in the box. Anyone else get this? Unfortunately it didn't have a sketch or anything cool like that. Just a piece of corrugated cardboard.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Received a box of this today from an online purchase and did well. Here is the breakdown:

3 Wiz Quiz: 7, 8, and 9
2 Toto: TD1 and TD6
2 Wicked Witch: WW-5 and WW-6
1 Before and After: B&A2
1 Autograph: Karl Slover KS
1 Sketch: Chris Henderson pencil sketch 10/45 of one of the Tree People in the forest chucking an apple at the heroes! Neat looking and unusual sketch.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
I opened one box last night. At the bottom of the box was a piece of cardboard cut out to fit in the box. Anyone else get this? Unfortunately it didn't have a sketch or anything cool like that. Just a piece of corrugated cardboard.

Weird! no cardboard in any of my boxes. I don't know if one Sketch card is Guaranteed per box. but the stated odds were 1:40 packs. So you should have got a sketch card at least.
Was your box sealed in selophane?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
That's a cool sketch. I always liked the Trees.

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife opened her box and we were both pleased at the quality of this set. She got a piece of the Lion's Hair card and two sketch cards (from the same pack). One is a colord picture of the Tin Man from Chris Henderson, numbered 12 out of 13. The other one is a black and white picture of the Scarecrow. How do you put pictures on this site and I will scan in a copy of the sketch cards?
Since this is her favorite movie, she really enjoyed this set and it helped satisfy my chase card search hunger Smile At least until Harry Potter MM and Charmed.

Posts: 34 | Location: Richmond, Va | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes got a sketch card and the regular chase in the packs. Box was sealed and pulled from a case I purchased.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
In the 2 cases i opened there were 2 boxes that had cardboard in the bottom for no reason it appeared

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snkeeyes9:
My wife opened her box and we were both pleased at the quality of this set. She got a piece of the Lion's Hair card and two sketch cards (from the same pack). One is a colord picture of the Tin Man from Chris Henderson, numbered 12 out of 13. The other one is a black and white picture of the Scarecrow. How do you put pictures on this site and I will scan in a copy of the sketch cards?
Since this is her favorite movie, she really enjoyed this set and it helped satisfy my chase card search hunger Smile At least until Harry Potter MM and Charmed.

Great box Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cards are truly beautiful. My box had 3 base sets, 2 toto cards (td2 &3), 2 wicked witch cards (ww4 & 6), 3 puzzle (1,8,9), and sketch art card of scarecrow (?Brent Engstrom?...this is the first sketch card I have ever gotten so not familiar with artists...sorry).

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: March 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
duh!?!?!the name is on the checklist....long day...sorry

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: March 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post