Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Wizard of Oz (Breygent Marketing)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/7031072071

September 22, 2006, 07:35 PM
Jay
Wizard of Oz (Breygent Marketing)
I picked up 2 boxes a few weeks ago, and I opened them with my daughter (8) and son (4), both of whom love the movie. We did pretty good:

BOX 3397
-2 base sets
-3 puzzle cards (2,3 and 4)
-2 WICKED WITCH cards (WW-1 & WW-2)
-2 TOTO cards (TD3 & TD4)
-1 MUNCHKIN AUTOGRAPH card (JM1 Jerry Maren)
-1 sketch card, a COLOR Wicked Witch sketch by Joshua Ross, very nice

BOX 1690
-2 base sets
-2 puzzle cards (3,4 and 5)
-2 WICKED WITCH cards (WW-1 & WW-2)
-2 TOTO cards (TD4 & TD5)
-1 MUNCHKIN AUTOGRAPH card (MC1 Mickey Carroll)
And, the highlight of the 2 boxes
-1 Sketch card, a beautiful DOROTHY head shot in B&W by CAT STAGGS !

I do wish I hadn't had so many duplicated chase cards between the 2 boxes, but considering the 2 great sketches I got,and the 2 Munchkin autographs, I'm very satisfied! My daughter actually opened both sketch packs. The first one she opened by luck, on the second one, I could feel the plastic card sleeve through edges of the pack, so I let her open it as well. She gets all of my WIZARD OF OZ stuff, anyway!
September 22, 2006, 08:06 PM
gofmauleg
Jay, congratulations on all those wonderful pulls! Clap Clap
September 22, 2006, 09:03 PM
dmatsuda
Nice box breaks Jay! Thumb Up
October 04, 2006, 07:19 PM
Rich
After looking through the box breakdowns for this set, I decided to buy a box and try my luck. I bought a wooden box first, hoping for a large Yellow Brick Road card. Out of the 10 packs inside, here's what I pulled:

(1) Wicked Witch card: WW-5
(1) Puzzle card: #8

And right on top, when I opened that nice little wooden lid.....

(1) Yellow Brick Road: YBL2 Bouncey

After my luck with the wooden box, I decided to try a regular 40 pack box, which arrived today.

Inserts:
(3) Puzzle cards: #1, 2, 9 (3:40)
(2) Wicked Witch cards: WW-1, 6 (2:40)
(2) Toto cards: TD5, 6 (2:40)
(1) Munchkin Auto: Jerry Maren JM1 (1:240) Thumb Up
(1) Color Sketch of the Scarecrow by Renae De Liz (1:40) Dance

The color scarecrow sketch is very nicely done. It was in the last pack that I opened! I thought I'd gotten a box without a sketch, but it was worth the wait!

I'm very happy with my boxes and really like this set.
October 04, 2006, 08:53 PM
jademaliburoad
Very nice pulls Rich. I'm really looking forward Breygent's next release.

October 05, 2006, 04:10 AM
dmatsuda
Congrats Rich! Thumb Up
October 05, 2006, 04:34 AM
gofmauleg
Congratulations Rich! Clap
October 05, 2006, 08:04 AM
KADRAN00157
Way to go Rich.....
Nice break Smile

KADRAN00157
October 05, 2006, 08:28 AM
SHouseman
I also had been holding off on getting a box. I'd figure I'd try one as I'm doing sketches for the new set and see what the initial release was like.

I opened 1 40-pack box:

Wicked Witch cards WW-3, WW-5
Toto TD1, TD5, TD6
Puzzle cards 1, 8, 9

Slightly beat the basic insert odds by getting 3 Toto cards instead of the alotted 2.

Dorothy Before and After card B&A1 (1 in every 6 boxes)

And a color Engstrom sketch of the witch:

So, it actually was a good box, but I would have liked a costume or auto card instead of the B&A1, though that was still a hard pull, so I can't complain!

October 05, 2006, 08:40 AM
hammer
No stop complaining Big Grin Good pulls Thumb Up
October 08, 2006, 06:34 PM
king-beez
I've had 4 boxes to date, all from the same dealer and I believe all from the same case. First 2 boxes were okay with the usual number of Wiz Quiz foils, Wicked Witch, Toto and sketch cards (a colour one by Brent Engstrom and pencil sketch by Chris Henderson). But no sign of any of the premium cards!! So to my last 2 boxes bought last weekend at the Collectormania show in Milton Keynes. First box had a Yellow Brick Road Prop Card, Jerry Maren auto and Before & After card B&A1 plus a great colour Warren Martinek sketch of the Wicked Witch. The second box was even better - a Jack Haley Cut Signature, Mickey Carroll auto, B&A2 and another Chris Henderson Sketch, this time in colour. I also had all the other usual foils and chase cards. Overall I'm really happy with my boxes and I think these are really great cards. I've just ordered a couple of the wooden boxes from the US so fingers crossed for one of the Judy Garland signatures or costume cards!! Here's hoping!!
October 09, 2006, 03:44 AM
dmatsuda
Great finds there king-beez. Congratulations!
October 10, 2006, 12:02 AM
stevetrek
I opened a recently purchased box and the collation was poor. I got one base set and almost a 2nd set. The exceptional chase cards were a Lion's Hair Prop (which was defective)and a Brian Rosenberger sketch card of Dorothy and the Scarecrow. Breygent quickly sent me a replacement on Lion's Hair card along with some extras. Over all everything turned out quite well.
October 10, 2006, 10:39 AM
jademaliburoad
Great to hear Stevetrak

November 04, 2006, 07:24 PM
Jack London
Picked up one of the Wizard of Oz wooden boxes today and got a beautiful 3X5 sketch of Dorothy and the Hourglass done in pencil and ink by John Czop. Beautiful sketch. When I get my scanner working properly, I will post a pic of it.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau
November 14, 2006, 04:15 PM
Raj
I opened one of the wooden boxes yesterday. No auto, prop or sketch cards. The box was numbered out of 2000 but I guess the actual box number was only on shrinkwrap which I threw away.

Did get TD4 and Wiz Quiz number 2.

It was the first disappointment yesterday with the second being the Star Trek TOS 40th Ann case.
November 15, 2006, 09:47 AM
Jack London
Sorry about the disappointing box, Raj. You might want to let Breygent card company know about it and see if they can help you out.

December 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
Jack London
Got one more box of these today and got a pretty nice color sketch of the Cowardly Lion by Joshua Ross Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jack London,

December 23, 2006, 06:20 PM
Jack London
Added scan Smile

January 21, 2007, 07:23 AM
charlesd81
Does anyone know how many of the rare cards (Wicked Witch Hat, Dorothy's dress, etc) have been found?

I ordered a case today and it will be my first case ever purchased as a new collector. Damn they are expensive. I can't wait to open it! Smile Come on Judy Garland and witch cards!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: charlesd81,