Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Complete Star Trek Movies Trading Cards, The (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Star Trek Movies Trading Cards, The (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
The thread had not yet been created, so I figured I would get it going with my killer break. My first impression of this set is that it is one of the best Star Trek sets ever. There are a TON of insert sets to collect, and also...THE COSTUMES/PROPS ARE NUMBERED. I don't know if this was known prior to the release but I love knowing just how many of a card there are. The inserts are nice, especially the Gold Plaque and Lenticular inserts. Here is my two box break...I might just have to order another two boxes with this kind of luck...

Box 04519/10000

Plot Sysopsis S13, S14, S22
Profiles P4, P10
Behind the Scenes B8
Character Logs C6
Gold Plaque G4
Lenticular Motion Card L1

Costumes:
MC8 - Lt. Ilia From Star Trek: The Motion Picture # 1027/1701
MC15 - Lt Commander Data from Star Trek nemesis # 1343/1501

Autos:
A25 - Cynthia Gouw as Caithlin Dar from Star Trek V The Final Frontier
A34 - W. Morgan Sheppard as Klingon Commander in Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country (Limited)

Prop:
KB4 - Camp Khitomer Klingon Flag # 359/575 Clap Dance Bouncey

Box #00515/10000

Plot Sysopsis S6, S16, S26
Profiles P12, P19
Behind the Scenes B7
Character Logs C5
Gold Plaque G6
Lenticular L3

Costumes:
MC6 - Lt Commander Uhura From Star Trek: The Motion Picture # 0348/1701
MC10 - Lt. Saavik from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan # 1366/1501

Autos:
A13 - Cathie Shiriff as Valkris in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
A1 - Ricardo Montalban as Khan in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Very Limited) Dance Bouncey Metal

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bryan Shaffer,

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
That's outrageous luck! Congratulations on your fantastic boxes!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great boxes. Thumb Up
I'm glad to see the prop card doesn't replace a costume card.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
AWESOME !!

I've got 2 boxes on the way from one seller, and 3 boxes from another. My DREAM would be to have the same break down as yours.

Congrats :-)

UPDATE: A friend of mine has opened 5 cases and 4 boxes so far. He has found 6 Very Limited which is about 1 per case. So you did get the magic box when you got Montalban!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ajdedo,

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I never keep track to the degree needed for this thread but I will say the set is grea. Lenticulars are gooorrrggeeooous, autos look fine with characters I really was tickled to see. The layout design of the common set is bright and I like the movie posters reel effect on the side.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my box today, and cracked it open almost immediately. A good breakdown, got one complete 90 card set and a stack of extras.
Plot Synopsis - S8,S13,S14
Profiles - P8,P9
Character Log - C10
Behind the Scenes - B8
Lenticular - L7
Gold Plaque - G9 Insurrection
Costumes - MC5 Comm. Montgomery Scott 477/701
MC11 Dr. Leonard McCoy 1048/1701
Autographs -A6 Robin Curtis as Lt. Saavik
A19 Jenette Goldstein as Science Officer

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our boxes are jammed at customs, the entire load for Montreal, Canada (distributor)

OUINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY CANDY !!!!!! ouinnnnNNNNnnnnnnnnNNNNNN !!!!!
not FAIR NOT FAIR NOt FaIR .

I want my toy NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant

Pretty please.

UFM

Posts: 201 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
The FedEX truck broke down but on his way home late tonight, he dropped off my 2 boxes. #'s 01177 and 06190.

3 base sets.
Profiles - P7, P12, P14, P19
Plot Synopsis - S10, S17, S20, S26, S27, S30
Character Logs - C8, C10
Behind the Scenes - B2, B6
Lenticular - L1. L6
Gold Plaque - G3, G4
Costume cards: MC3 Lt. Commander Sulu 85/701
MC11 Dr. Leonard McCoy 714/1701
MCMC15 Lt. Commander Data 941/1501
MC16 Commander William Riker
Autos: A4 Linda Fetters-Howard as Feline Dancer
A7 George Murdock as GOD
A26 Neal McDonough as Lt. Hawk {limited}
A39 Judson Scott as Joakim

And KB4 Camp Khitomer Klingon Flag 424/575 Cool

I really liked the auto card of GOD!

Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverback,

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They got god to sign for this set? That's a first.

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Any pics?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post

There you go AJJ! Doctor McCoy is dark red but scanned black.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Those are great pics! Thumb Up
I ordered 2 boxes and they should be here(hopefully)by next week sometime.I'll post pics when I receive them.It looks like a great set so far!!! Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Silverback, great looking cards.

I might pick up a box at Gmex or the NEC show.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box #09008/10000

1 Base set
Plot Sysopsis - S1, S15, S29
Profiles - P17, P18
Behind the Scenes - B7
Character Logs - C10
Gold Plaque - G1
Lenticular - L1

Costumes:
MC6 - Lt Commander Uhura From Star Trek: The Motion Picture #0677/1701
MC9 - Lt Commander Uhura From Star Trek: The Motion Picture #1486/1501
Autos:
A17 - Spice Williams as Vixis in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
A39 - Judson Scott as Joakim in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Just opened my box.
Fantastic...

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
These are really nice. I'm pretty bummed I had to pass on it, but with Christmas coming I'm trying to save up a little. Also have a case or so of Heroes to worry about plus Doctor Who and Torchwood next year.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I've got a box & a binder of this set for my wife for Christmas. The wait is going to eat me up - I may even order a few more boxes as the cards and breakdowns posted so far look really good. Congratulations to everyone on their great finds. Luckily for me she has been collecting Stargate & Star Trek cards on and off for years - my collecting isn't a problem in our house (and my 3 year old has got the bug too).

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddickfan:
Those are great pics! Thumb Up
I ordered 2 boxes and they should be here(hopefully)by next week sometime.I'll post pics when I receive them.It looks like a great set so far!!! Big Grin

[URL=
Well,here's my 1st box-ok.

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Nice cards RF. I presume the unsigned God (not two words that I ever thought I'd see together) card is an In Motion Lenticular Card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Some questions...
How many cards per pack?
Is it true there are 13 hot(with chase) packs per 24 pack box?
The kitomer flag is more rare than other costume cards?
Any other prop cards?
Any boxtoppers?
Anyone with a scan of the other chase cards?
Info appreciated.

Big Grin

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post