Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek TOS: Captain's Collection (Rittenhouse, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS: Captain's Collection (Rittenhouse, 2018)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Got my box and here's what was inside Box #4298:

1 Base set of 80 cards, 29 extras
2 Base parallel
2 Lobby Cards by Juan Ortiz
3 Where No Man Has Gone Before cards
1 Inside the Enterprise card (1:48)
1 Bridge Crew Dual card,Chekov (1:144)
2 autographs
John Bellah as The Laughing Crewman (A296) EL
William O'Connell as Thelev Inscription auto (says: Star Trek) VL

Thoughts: A nice set, base is well done. Happy to get one of the Dual Crew cards, and an Inscription auto. Parallels are okay, on vintage cardstock.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened box 1544 of 6000. Here's what was inside that box:

1 base set
2 base parallel
2 Lobby cards
3 Where No Man Has Gone Before cards
2 Inside the Enterprise cards
Inscription autograph A2, Barbara Luna as Marlena in "Mirror, Mirror" (limited) - the inscription is that she signed the card as herself and her character
Inscription autograph A14, Sally Kellerman as Dr. Elizabeth Dehner in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (limited) - the inscription is "He's Coming"

This is a nice looking set.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice box Curler! When is the next Philly show?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nice box, Curler. Two inscribed autos!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Opened two cases. Wanted to post the amazing sketches that were in there.
Carlos Caballerio

Louise Draper

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Those are great sketch cards!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice box Curler! When is the next Philly show?

October 20-21!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 hobby box
24 packs, 5 cards each

79/80 base set (missing #67)
32 extra base
2 parallels 1:12
2 Posters 1:12
3 Where No Man 1:8
1 Enterprise Inside 1:48
2 autos: 1:12
A293 Phil Adams (Kirk stunt double) EL
A5 Joan Collins ("Ms Keeler") EL Clap

Overall C-/D+
Pros: Inscription autos, chase design especially the posters, base design, classic wrapper & box designs.

Cons: This could have easily been a solid B or B+ grade BUT...Incomplete base set(My 2nd Star Trek box to be ONE card shy a set...quality control issue? Parallel & Chase odds...parallels 1:12, Inside Ent 1:48 & Bridge Crew 1:144...WHY??? Some of the chase sets are also huge...70-80 cards each???

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Opened my second box of these, the box I won at Chicago Show. Also won a binder and will put this set in pages soon.
My breakdown was exactly as the first box - see above. Infact, of 70 Where No Man cards, I got 2 duplicates from my first box in this one. Also, my Enterprise Inside card was the same as the first box. Bummer.
I did get another Bridge Crew Dual card,this time Scotty. Odds 1:144.
It was the 2 autos that really made this box:
A04 Robert Walker Jr. as Charlie X inscription card that says "I want to Stay" (Limited)
Sally Kellerman as Dr. Elizabeth Dehner Silver Series (Extremely Limited)
Very happy to get 2 iconic guest stars from Trek OS.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
This is the breakdown from the box my Secret Santa sent me.

1 base set
2 Parallels (5&71)
2 Lobby Cards (21&40)
1 Enterprise (E4)
3 Where No Man Has Gone Before (14,52&67)
2 Autos:
A14, Sally Kellerman as Dr. Elizabeth Dehner in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (limited) - the inscription is "Stop it Gary"
A287 Joan Swift as Aurelan Kirk in "Operation -- Annihilate!" (Limited)

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post