Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith Widevision (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith Widevision (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
One Hobby Case :

11 base sets
Only 3 autos - 2 Kingma and one Allen. Frown
33 chromes (I guess the extra one was 'compensation' for only getting 3 autos) 2 full sets, plus some spares to trade

Overall - disappointed with the autos. This was the first case I bought since AOTC wide (where I did well with the autos, pulling a Yoda from my 2nd last pack).

Posts: 56 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
For the record I bought 2 x hobby + 2 x retail. The contents were as follows: -

Hobby 1

Amy Allen Auto
Chromes H2, H3, H4 and H5
1 full set

Hobby 2

Amy Allen Auto
Chromes H1, H8, H9 and H10
1 full set

Retail 1

Chromes R5, R6, R7, R8 and R9 Smile
Flix Pix 1, 7, 9
missing 46 & 63 from full set Frown

Retail 2

Chromes R3, R4, R5, R6
Flix Pix 2, 6, 9
1 full set

Not bad - would have liked better autos but overall very happy Wavey

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody seen the ROTS wide tins?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen the tins yet but I heard my TRU had them so I will be checking this weekend.

Got my hobby shipment. Breakdown so far:

Box #1
1 complete set
4 foils
NO AUTOS Frown

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I looked on Toys R Us' web site/amazon store and the tins aren't listed there anywhere yet.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Have the tins been offically announced? I've checked on-line and have never seen one mentioned.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I'll have another chance this weekend to check TRU for the MYSTERY tins. Seems strange that they would not be released yet.??? Confused

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a TRU on the way home from work and no sign of any ROTS cards. I'll check my local store this weekend since they usually have a better selection.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
My "local" TRU had a ton of the tins.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
What details can you offer about the tins? Any exclusive cards like series 1 ROTS? How many packs per tin, etc.? Thanks.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Retail 6-Pack Mini-Box

Box 6:
=====
0 Base Sets
1 Chrome Art: R7
1 Flix-Pix: 4 of 10

Box 7:
=====
0 Base Sets
1 Chrome Art: R9
0 Flix-Pix Shake Head

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I checked my Toys R Us today. No tins Frown

Chris

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I finally found the Tins at Toys R Us. There's 6 different tins at 9.99 each. I bought all 6. The Outside says 35 Different Widevision cards. There's no Mention of inserts, packs or bonuses. So I opened the 1st tin fearing the worst and sure enough. There's 35 random common cards in a clear wrapper and nothing else. I'm going to return the other 5 tins tomorrow.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
I pick up a Tin, looked at ever side of the tin, from every angle, and the only thing it says on the outside is 35 random cards. I feared it would have no chase, so I put it right back down. I am now glad I didn't buy them.
Topps dropped the ball and the Tins.

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer. I was hoping they would put 5 or 6 Retail packs in there for a chance at some more inserts, but I guess I'll still end up buying them to have a complete set.

Where in TRU were people finding these? In the card aisle or by the toys?

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TK421:
I pick up a Tin, looked at ever side of the tin, from every angle, and the only thing it says on the outside is 35 random cards. I feared it would have no chase, so I put it right back down. I am now glad I didn't buy them.
Topps dropped the ball and the Tins.
Wow, $10 bucks for 35 commons Eek

I haven't seen any retail packs in my area yet.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I found them in the card isle.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I finally found them tonight at an out of town Suncoast. I bought a few packs but just got base cards.

One pack only had 4 cards in it. Would Topps do anything about this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Topps doesn't fix problems. In One of my mini boxes I had a pack that had 9 cards in it.

So far in the 5 mini boxes and multiple loose packs I have:
Chrome R2,5,6,7,9,10
Pic Flix 7,9(x2)

I bought the Hobby Chrome off ebay and I'm waiting for 4 more mini boxes in the mail.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
well here's the magic again with Kadran
Got 3 boxes of Hobby yesterday.....
1st box got 4 chrome and Chewie's auto
2nd box got 4 chrome and Amy Allens auto
then thought the magic was there and got a third box from the same dealer....
3rd box 4 chrome and 2nd chewie auto!!!!
That's impressive as he's supposed to be 1 in 2 cases

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post