Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith Widevision (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith Widevision (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I know that NSU said something about TRU having the exclusive rights to the tins, but back in September when these cards came out, I found six design tins at my local K-MART. I didn't pick them up at the time, because I didn't know if there were any exclusive cards in them. Does anyone know what a tin will yield? I've half a mind to go back and look and see if I can find them.

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
The tins only have 35 common cards and nothing else. They are $9.95 each.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
that's what I was afraid of. Sounds like if I wanted to collect this set for the inserts, I'd be better off looking for a retail box.

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
You may wanna try ebay also. There's complete sets of inserts on there for cheap. I bought more than 2 retail boxes worth of cards and had to trade for a few & buy several inserts. I'm still 1 short (R1 Chrome). I've been outbid for it 3 times in the last few weeks.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just trade for a base set!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I'm considering buying a box of these for £40- I've never bought a box from Topps before, but i picked up a few packs of these and liked what i saw- so what do u reckon? Is it worth it? Thanks, TC00.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
If you fancy a dabble, then have a go. If its a hobby box then you have a chance of a $800+ auto card. Always a nice thought, and you should get at least 4 hobby chromes.

If its retail then its retail chromes and flix pix.

Whatever you decide you cannot beat opening your own box. Go on I dare you..........

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by steve j:
If you fancy a dabble, then have a go. If its a hobby box then you have a chance of a $800+ auto card. Always a nice thought, and you should get at least 4 hobby chromes.

Did i miss something here? What auto in this set is worth $800? Hopefully you are not confusing this with the Mark Hamill auto from the Heritage release.
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
No - Its some guy called Samuel L Jackson. and his character Mace Windu. You won't find this one for sale very often!! They are pretty rare. My dealer had it for sale for £470, but it sold out fast. Do you know where these guys are sold cheaper???

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
No - Its some guy called Samuel L Jackson. and his character Mace Windu. You won't find this one for sale very often!! They are pretty rare. My dealer had it for sale for £470, but it sold out fast. Do you know where these guys are sold cheaper???

I had no idea he was apart of this release. That would make sense that his card would be $800. He is an 'A' list actor. I was looking in the NSU price guide and they don't have Jackson listed. It only list 4 autographers; Wood, Mayhew, Allen and Kingma. So you can see why I was surprised by your revelation.
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
quote:

I had no idea he was apart of this release. That would make sense that his card would be $800. He is an 'A' list actor. I was looking in the NSU price guide and they don't have Jackson listed. It only list 4 autographers; Wood, Mayhew, Allen and Kingma. So you can see why I was surprised by your revelation.
Cheers - Peter

See page 2 of the breakdowns

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Samuel L Jackson Is like 1 in 16 cases....
Hope this helps

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice n welcome John the hat n Steve j Wave.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Just opened a box (hobby)

1 base set
4 chrome arts : H1,H2,H9 & H10
1 auto : Michael Kingma as Tarfful Smile

My wife's son was very happy. He loves the set.

Luc

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
I've just open a box this morning and i got a beautiful surprise.I got 2 autos in the box. And you know what, in the same pack!!!!

i got :
Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

and Amy Allan as Aayla

So, out of 2 boxes i got 3 autos, Not bad at all

Luc

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice one Number 1 Smile
Congrats on the pulls Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
What a brilliant pull. You wont get much better than that. Congratulations. Thumb Up

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I had that happen to me once. Gotta love it!

Congrats! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a cheap hobby box for $30:

- 1 base set
- 4 chrome cards (H1, H2, H3, H10)

No auto this time, but it was worth it just to have a shot at the Samuel L. Jackson. Maybe next time...

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post