Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2, Ultimate Auto Edition (Artbox, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2, Ultimate Auto Edition (Artbox, 2011)
 Login/Join

Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
In that case, you got an awesome YAAW card! Unfortunately, I have nothing to trade you for it, and if I were you, I would be keeping that one for myself. Congrats on a great pull!

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
In that case, you got an awesome YAAW card! Unfortunately, I have nothing to trade you for it, and if I were you, I would be keeping that one for myself. Congrats on a great pull!

Thanks Smile You think I should keep it? Should I redeem it and open the box?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lilytoby,

Posts: 31 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Definitely redeem it and then you can decide. But, I would keep it and open it. However, I am not one for giving up much of my card collection to begin with. Maybe some other opinions could be helpful for you.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
Definitely redeem it and then you can decide. But, I would keep it and open it. However, I am not one for giving up much of my card collection to begin with. Maybe some other opinions could be helpful for you.

If I decide to sell it - I would rather sell the card than the box, as I am in the UK so shipping would be high for the box >.<

Posts: 31 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One thing I would say is that although the boxes are loaded I found at least one box in every case I busted was a dud with only a film cell card.

It's probably worth the risk to redeem and open it as there are a lot of low number prop and costume cards as well as a decent shot at a top auto.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
One thing I would say is that although the boxes are loaded I found at least one box in every case I busted was a dud with only a film cell card.

It's probably worth the risk to redeem and open it as there are a lot of low number prop and costume cards as well as a decent shot at a top auto.

I didn't think there were film cell cards in the original release?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes you are right.I blame my failing memory on old age Roll Eyes Big Grin .There were definitely boxes I had with no auto costume or prop in them however.

Just checked the case break I posted in 2004 and although I don't mention bad boxes the break from Raj below it was a dud.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Yes you are right.I blame my failing memory on old age Roll Eyes Big Grin .There were definitely boxes I had with no auto costume or prop in them however.

Just checked the case break I posted in 2004 and although I don't mention bad boxes the break from Raj below it was a dud.

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to sell/trade it - thanks Smile

posted Hide Post
Decided to try one box and see how it is...

Got one complete set done with many doubles
Complete sets of Clear and Puzzle cards
Puzzle Auto - Rusty Goffe
Film Card - CFC 17

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
So no one has gotten a Maggie Smith auto?

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is what I pulled from my 6 box break...

PA1 Jon Key puzzle auto x2
PA6 Luke Newberry puzzle auto

and...

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome job on the Maggie Smith auto. I hope someday one of her autos end up in my collection!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Yeah, nice 6 boxes! 2 Winner cards out of them, that is great!

posted Hide Post
Cracked the 4th box from my case today (still opening one each week!)

CFC12 - Cells show Ron and Hermione running from the fiendfyre
Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley Auto

I also got the last foil I needed for a set - overall, very chuffed with my pulls Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I decided to open my remaining boxes, so I can shift the cards before interest wanes too much ^_^

Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley
David Bradley as Argus Filch
Chris Rankin as Percy Weasley x 2
PA2, PA5

CFC1 183/213 Snatchers running through the woods.
CFC7 113/213 Ron crying over Fred's body.
CFC10 089/213 Voldemort performing Priori Incantatem.
CFC15 201/214 Snape apparating from the Great Hall.

All are available Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lilytoby:
I decided to open my remaining boxes, so I can shift the cards before interest wanes too much ^_^

PA2, PA5

All are available Smile

I thought you were going for a Master Set?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilytoby:

PA2, PA5

All are available Smile

I thought you were going for a Master Set?

I changed my mind - decided to put my money towards a holiday Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box and got:
Chris Rankin auto
and Film Cell CFC15

Awful collation in the box with all the packets together containing the base puzzle and clear cards one after the other. I was also missing two of the base puzzle cards so technically I have been unable to make a set from the one box Frown

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Just opened another box of this and got:

John Hurt autograph card

Film cell Card 14

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 boxes from Ebay and got the puzzle autographs numbers 7, 8 and 9 and that was it pretty much.

I was quite disappointed with this as I didn't get a film cel card or a "main" autograph, so I snapped up the sellers last 3 boxes and they came today:

I got:
Box 1: Ginny autograph and Film Cel
Box 2: John Hurt autograph and Film Cel
Box 3: Warwick Davis autograph and YAAW Card for the HP6 Metal Card set.

Second batch definitely better! The John Hurt auto is available if anyone needs it? I need lots of autographs from the sets and film cel's/costumes so will be happy to trade it before I get round to selling