Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who series 11 & 12 (Rittenhouse, 2022)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who series 11 & 12 (Rittenhouse, 2022)
 Login/Join

Picture of sittin9duck
posted
I finally got around to buying a box and made up for the wait with a UK archive box. The box has no base or parallels.

16 New Year's Specials Cards
1 New Year's Special 2019 Poster Card (UK Exclusive)
7 Asia/Painted Poster Cards (UK Exclusive)
4 Graffiti Art Character Cards (UK Exclusive)
5 Heroes of Doctor Who Mirror Cards
9 TARDIS Cards
4 Series 12 Heroes Metal Portraits Cards
18 Allies & Adversaries Cards (UK Exclusive)
Case Topper: 3-D Dalek Card (UK Exclusive)
4 Promo card
1 set of printing plates
59 Autographs

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice set of printing plates.
The archive boxes are a great value.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Sittin9duck, thanks for taking the time to share all the images, you got a great collection there. Metal

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Yes, Nice set of Autos there and printing plates

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the BBC series "Ghosts", and didn't know that Charlotte Ritchie had a card anywhere. Nice to see that.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I was very pleasantly surprised to see Julie Graham from The Bletchley Circle had an autograph card. Smile Rittenhouse, are you listening - How about one for Rachael Stirling in an upcoming release?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
After a big out lay for the archive box I looked at getting inscription auto's of the 9 full bleeds from the archive box to make a full inscription set. After adding up the cost I soon realised what good value an archive box is for anyone wanting a full set of auto's.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind my asking, and since getting an archive box as an incentive cost someone 12-cases on this one, what is the great value or bargain in buying one? Or going for one with the cases?

I think the cards are very well made, but only the Whittaker autograph cards seem to be of high value, with Gil next under $200, not counting printing plates. I have picked up several common signatures for $5. Is the archive box price really cheaper than the sum from the autographs would be?

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Most of the cards selling for $5 are for sale in USA and adding the shipping to that to the UK soon adds up. With 68 autographs and cards set, take away the price of the bigger hits and you are soon not paying much more than $5 plus shipping each for the rest of the cards. I have never opened an archive box before and had this chance to get one on a set I wanted to collect.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looking at it from the prospect of adding international shipping to individual card purchases, I can understand where going the archive box route would be more cost effective for you. Thanks. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
And you also get complete insert sets as well which add to the value.

A case and an archive box are very close in price right now and there is no guarantee of a Whittaker in the case. Whittaker is going for $250-$300 on average so that one card alone makes up 1/4 of the cost of the box. Adding in the plates, Goldstein auto, insert sets and a handful of autographs that are $20-$80 that is more than the cost of the box which is unheard of anymore.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I really think that, not unlike previous Doctor Who products, this title has a lack of demand, in the US at least. It has nothing to do with card quality, but with a smaller collector base. If an archive box that is a 12-case incentive is being sold at a cost comparable to a single case, it's not because the sellers are handing out bargains. It's because that is all they can get for it.

That's not saying it's not a good deal for a fan who wants almost everything in one shot or that it doesn't make good sense to buy an archive box in this case. I'm just saying that realistically, if the sum of all the cards was worth more than the total box, the archive box wouldn't be a bargain or be available at that price. This product has been discounted. Buy it because you want the cards, not because you think you can flip it for profit.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse has Dr. Who Season 1-4 coming in 2023.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post