Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Military Propaganda & Poster (Cult Stuff)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Propaganda & Poster (Cult Stuff)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I received today two packets of complete sets for the above.

Each packet numbered out of 1,000 contains a set of 36 cards and extras. Mine were numbered 714 and 721.

The extras for packet 714 were

Case Card numbered 37/36 which lists all the extras.
Canvas Full Bleed parallel card 02/36
A Labelled Redemption card for a Poster card numbered RCP (label numbered 29)
2 mini cards entitled on one side as Death and Life on the reverse.

The Life side is intended to represent Life Magazine ( the images are adult material 4 different)and shows the words German Propaganda 1943.
The Death side shows a skeletal head wearing a US Army helmet and is intended as a parody of the other side. This side contains the numbering A1/4, A2/4 etc. and the words Dropped in Italy US version. My two were numbered A1/4 and A2/4

The extras for packet 721 were

Canvas Full Bleed parallel card 31/36
Memorabilia Card M1 with a Deutsches Reich postage stamp attached
Mini cards A3/4 and A4/4

I also received two promo cards 1 for Dracula and 1 for Titanic however both were unfortunately horribly bent

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

I sure hope that is a card number and not serial number. Wink

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:

I sure hope that is a card number and not serial number. Wink

I can confirm that it is definitely the card number. Essential this card is a sort of checklist in that it lists what the extra cards are.Amongst the text on the back listing the extras it does mention that some packets will also contain a Case card so luckily my packet was one of those.

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also received two promo cards 1 for Dracula and 1 for Titanic however both were unfortunately horribly bent

I'll get replacement promos out with your redemption John.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I got set 713/1000

Canvas Full Bleed parallel card 30/36
Memorabilia Card - US Divisional Sholder Insignia (WW2 86th Division)
2 mini cards entitled on one side as Death and Life on the reverse. B3/4, B4/4.

VERY Nice and worth the wait Thumb Up

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:

I'll get replacement promos out with your redemption John.

Jason

I thought that might be the case, I'll just have to get my redemption in the post.

many thanks

John

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I got my 3 sets today.

Canvas card
03/36
04/36
05/36

Mini cards
A3/4
A4/4
B1/4
B2/4
B3/4
B4/4

Memorabilia card
SI patch of the 75th Division (US Army) - Limited
MI German stamp
RSI Ration stamp

Posts: 3254 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have to say that this set looks amazing! All the pulls I would be happy with- but I especially like the ration book stamps and the patches!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I got Set 198 of 1000 Friday and here's what I got:
1 set 36 base cards - these are really nice, and most of the images are new to me.
1 Canvas card
1 promo Propaganda Poster P1
2 mini Death cards 3,4
1 case card 37/36 - this is very useful, tells you what possible inserts you may find.

No patch cards or relic cards - a little dissapointed here, but I don't really need any patch cards, I have almost 2000 patches in my military collection. Would have liked one of the Ribbon or stamp cards.

What I did get:
1 Double sided Gloss card - this is a card with the "Keep Calm and Carry on" poster, on both sides. I couldn't quite grasp why a card would have the same image on both sides, so I thought it may be 2 promos stuck together. I tried to separate them and damaged an edge. Later, reading the case card I saw that these are less than 200 made. Hope nobody else makes the same mistake I did...

While not really impressed with my insert, I like the overall set and would recommend these to any history card buff.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Don.....How can a case card be numbered 37 out of 36.? Confused

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Don.....How can a case card be numbered 37 out of 36.? Confused

Wolfie this was previously referred to in earlier posts by Igman7, Hammer and myself and these posts were presumeably read by Jason of Cult-stuff who made no comment about this card. It's numbering was clearly intended.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I just think it is a clever thing Jason has done. The set is 36 Cards and the Case Card is the 37th of the set (or is that Propaganda!!!!)

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It probably all makes perfect sense and it is just me. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I got my set today:

Set Number 735

Life/Death Mini Cards: A1/4,A2/4
Canvas: 17/36
Mirror Wise: MW1
Memorabilia: Ration Book Stamp 182/400

Great looking set.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
The case card was also the checklist, and it was one image I really wanted to use but the set was full. As it was very limited (one as a case topper and one inserted into every case randomly) I numbered it as part of the basic set "sort of" it was an idea we stole from Pokemon who used to number secret cards included in packs this way.

The insert ratios on the cases worked out with 9 hits out of ten and the tenth one we try and insert a case card and a limited card of some sort. That said I am only reading PART of Don's post so if you drop me an email with your address I can get a replacement out for your damaged insert which was clearly due to a packing fault!

We have also started to get some redemptions back now and many of these will be going out in the next few weeks!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that's very kind of you. I'll be emailing you.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One more box.

The 3 sketch artists named so far are Wynn Ryder, Patrick Hamill, and Laura Inglis. The signature doesn't look like it's any of those.

Canvas card 13/36
mini cards B1/4, B2/4
Mirror Wise MW1

Posts: 3254 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
That's one of Patrick's cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Sorry Raj
I sign with my initials - PJ, rather than my full first name, which can sometimes look like an M... Smile

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My two packs from Memorabilia were numbered 782 and 790 and Jason picked them out for me.He did a great job Thumb Up .

I got Canvas cards 25/36 and 27/36.

Mini Chase cards A1,A2,B3,and B4.

Mirror Wise card MW1.

A USA 3c War stamp.

A WW2 75th Division patch.

Must make mention of the base cards which are fascinating.Especially liked card 13/36 which urged britons during rationing to keep rabbits as "they are one of the few domestic pets that can be enjoyed dead or alive" Smile .

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post