Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
JR,
Write a letter to Topps explaining the situation and include the 24 wrappers, the bar code from the box, and the box topper and they will more than likely send you something. I had this happen with SW30th and Topps was very good about getting my the cards that the dud boxes should have had.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
JR,
Write a letter to Topps explaining the situation and include the 24 wrappers, the bar code from the box, and the box topper and they will more than likely send you something. I had this happen with SW30th and Topps was very good about getting my the cards that the dud boxes should have had.

Snap Bryan Big Grin thanks i forgot to mention about sending the wrappers off Big Grin

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dillndill
posted Hide Post
Got my 1 box in today and pulled a DL Hawkins sketch by Edward Pun. With sketches being about only 2 per case, I'm pretty pleased Thumb Up

Posts: 84 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it is only a week since they have offically released but based on the prices of sketch cards on eBay, they seem to be rather low for Tim Sales sketches which ranges from $175-255. And most pieces from sub-100 piece artists are not going for more than $150. There are a few exceptions of the colored pieces but nothing has hit anywhere near $1000. Forgive me if this is not the appropriate board.

Posts: 47 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Could also be that too many sketch-related products released in such short timeframes.

Heroes, Indiana and Masterpieces II (not much rest between those three if any).

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone!

this is my first time posting here and I wanted to post my first of two case breaks from the Topps Heroes product (the second will be sometime next week most likely). Here is what I hit:

Box 1: Masi Oka auto
Box 2: Sylar sketch by Joseph Booth (not 100% sure of this but I think so)
Box 3: Parkman costume
Box 4: HRG sketch by Noah Albrecht
Box 5: Claire costume
Box 6: Hiro costume
Box 7: Adrian Pasdar auto
Box 8: Parkman costume Frown

my thoughts were it was a decent case especially at the price I paid which was just under $39 per box. I wanted the Hayden Panetierre auto and obviously missed out on that but the autos that I did get were very solid. The Booth sketch is very nice and fairly detailed however the Albrecht sketch is a joke in my opinion and should not be in the product. Especially when you see what great sketches are in this product that one is just cheap looking. I was very peeved to get a double costume card and doubly peeved that it was Parkman- its not as if these are even 12 box cases- that sort of collation issue frustrates me to no end. I did get 6 complete sets of the foils but did get shorted one foil in the case (63 instead of 64). Overall I'm happy with what I got.

Here are the pics:

thanks for the look and comments are appreciated!

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
1 Box
Masi Oka auto

Haven't sorted out the rest of the box yet, but I was rather pleased with the Hiro autograph.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
4 Boxes produced for me....

1 Hiro Auto
1 Nathan Peterilli Auto
2 Parkman Costumes

Not too thrilled about the Parkman Costumes, but 2 autos out of 4 boxes I think is stellar!

I'll trade anyone 1 of my Parkman Costumes for any other Heroes Costume Card...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
I dont think there will be anyone that would need a parkman costume Eek as most cases have at least 2 but good luck with your quest Wink

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My 2nd case finally arrived. Not as good as my first one, this one had 5 costumes, 2 autos and just 1 sketch.

Box 1- Parkman costume. Mad
Box 2- Isaac costume,
Box 3- Jack Coleman auto Thumb Up
Box 4- Claire Costume (red)
Box 5- Hiro Costume (blue checker)
Box 6- Jake Minor colr sketch of Nathan flying in his PJ's
Box 7- Parkman costume. arghhh! Red Face
Box 8- Sendhil Ramamurthy auto Thumb Up

Pics coming later.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my box today and pulled:

Parkman costume
x1 Complete 90 card base
Partial base (23 short)
Foil 2-9 (missing 1 & 10)

That's all - kinda bummed about the costume card but that's life.

Posts: 36 | Location: Kent, UK | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
Picture of DannyG03
posted Hide Post
SO i got case 3 today at the shop. I traded him some sports stuff and got an extra box and a case for $350, can't argue with that. Out of the single box i pulled my 3rd Jack Coleman auto. Here is the rest of the case. I pulled 2 Issac costumes. SO actually i hit 9 pieces in the case (can't be to upset about that. Also Iggy I found that 9th hit in the packs and guess what it was????????

Posts: 8 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
What, there is actually a case with no Parkman costume cards at all? Shocking. Eek

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My break:

Parkman costume -- with button hole.

Claire costume (standard)
Isaac paint shirt (white, light brown)
Hiro shirt (plaid)

Albrect sketch of Pasdar (BW ink)
Chow sketch of Hiro's waitress with paper birds (color)
McHaley color painting of Hiro

Pasdar auto

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chrisolds2004,

Posts: 15 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DannyG03:
SO i got case 3 today at the shop. I traded him some sports stuff and got an extra box and a case for $350, can't argue with that. Out of the single box i pulled my 3rd Jack Coleman auto. Here is the rest of the case. I pulled 2 Issac costumes. SO actually i hit 9 pieces in the case (can't be to upset about that. Also Iggy I found that 9th hit in the packs and guess what it was????????

Congrats on pulling the Hayden Elephant I think that I need to get a group discount on the Noah Bennet autos though Razz

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of DannyG03
posted Hide Post
ya no kidding....toooo many but oh well what do you do i think i may put these up myself

Posts: 8 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarah:
Could also be that too many sketch-related products released in such short timeframes.

Heroes, Indiana and Masterpieces II (not much rest between those three if any).

Plus we have had DC Legacy & others

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The rumour before release was that the Claire auto was going to be in short supply but the numbers on Ebay and also the number being pulled by Cardtalkers does not support this.

Based on what I have seen the Sylar auto seems to be the rarest.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes i wondering about the number of Clare auto's .. either they have all been pulled and being sold or there are much more than we thought.

Posts: 57 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nat
posted Hide Post
I got 2 boxes, pulled a Masi Oka (Hiro) auto and this nice Isaac sketch by Tony Shasteen

Don't know base cards and foils yet as I found the auto card in one box after 3 packs, then opened a pack in the other box from the same place and got the sketch.

Posts: 169 | Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post