Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally someone pulled one of the amazing sketches we knew were out there! Congrats, that's a terrific find!!! Not a bad auto pull either. *jealous* Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let me know if that Nathan auto is for trade Smile he is one of the 4 I still need

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:

One colour sketch by Otis Frampton of Nathan Petrelli Elephant .It's on page 52 of the news and rumours thread,top of the third block on the left.

Congratulations on the fantastic pull! Any chance you'll part with it?

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great looking sketch,congrats

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Triple-Frog that sketch is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! Big Grin

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Triple-Frog on pulling a color sketch of Nathan Petrelli and Adrian Pasdar autograph card! Very Nice combination. Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Yes, congrats!!!
What's the breakdown on the other chase and sets?
Will there be a retail version?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I have opened three of the other four boxes from the first case and my luck was really in Smile .

Pulled a Mendez painting shirt(no paint but it is 2 colour,mostly cream with a white seam.

Hiro autograph.

Tom Hodges colour sketch of Mohinder Sheep .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a great breakdown!!! I hope my boxes are as lucky. Smile Congrats!

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Triple Frog, you're not kidding! Those boxes are awesome. Any chance of scans or photographs of the Mendez costume and the Tom Hodges sketch? I'd love to see! Smile

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great break Frog!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Yes, congrats!!!
What's the breakdown on the other chase and sets?
Will there be a retail version?

There will be a retail version...sans autos, sketches and costume cards.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Four boxes opened so far.

2 costumes, a Parkman and a Hiro pin stripe.

1 auto of Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli.

One colour sketch by Otis Frampton of Nathan Petrelli Elephant .It's on page 52 of the news and rumours thread,top of the third block on the left.
I don't know the first thing about Heroes, but that's a great looking sketch Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
glad to hear that cardtalkers have been getting some really great pulls! Thumb Up

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Retail will be the same as hobby, am I reading that right?
Anybody willing to provide a breakdown of the boxes...chase(other than autos/sketch/costume), and sets???
Appreciated much. Cool

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
So from reading the page on the Topps site and the breakdowns so far, it would appear that boxes only contain base cards and either an auto, sketch, or costume? That's kind of weak.

Oh, and there is one Hayden auto up on the 'Bay right now if you're willing to part with 350 bucks. Looks like another auto that if you don't get the good fortune of pulling it, it'll cost you a fortune to buy it. Shake Head

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind comments Thumb Up .

To address some of the questions each box so far has had one base set,70 cards towards a second 90 card set,7 foil chase cards in a rather nice design,and the premium card.

In regards to trading I really only swop duplicates and only trade sketches for another sketch from the same set I like better.

I will try to put up some pictures tonight when my more technically minded brother gets home Roll Eyes .

Finally kudos to Topps for the much improved costume cards over previous releases such as LOTR.The card states on the back "piece of costume worn on the show" and also has a picture of the costume used Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks for more breakdown info. From what I can read this release appears disappointing. Hope when my boxes arrive I'll be surprised.

Confused

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
well...it is and it isn't. It is dissapointing at the number of costumes, I really thought that sketches would be the easiest pull.

I am also dissapointed with the quality of MY sketches however, I am sure I am bottom of the barrel here...I have seen SO many beautiful pieces of art and I just got unlucky.

The autographs I am happy about. I NEVER had any feelings that it would be more than 1-2 per case, so at least that held to what I thought it would be. I also, although 99% of you do not like sticker autos, could care lessabout them...an autograph is an autograph to me. The card design is very nice, the pictures used are really good, and they added a nice little border to frame the autograph sticker and it really does stand out. The design on the autographs is top notch. I also agree with what someone said in the news and rumors thread. The costume card design is very well done as well. The backs have pictures of the actual costumes and say that they were "show worn". My only two complaints are that they do not say what show they are from, and that on the two different Hiro costume cards I would have liked a different picture to be used.

Overall, even with my bad luck with the sketches I am still happy. I had only one repeat auto out of 5 cases, and I have already ordered a couple more boxes to try my luck on....hopefully with them coming from a different distributor my luck with change Smile

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just opened my fist case and am very happy with it overall. Just wish I hadn't gotten doubles of Parkmans costume Twak

1 auto:
Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli

4 costumes:
Matt Parkmans uniform * 2
Hiro's jacket
Hiro's shirt

3 sketchs:
Peter by Cynthia Cummens
HRG by Kevin Doyle
DL by Paul Gutierrez

Any help in identifying my last sketch, or correcting errors in who I think did a sketch would be much appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tevans333,

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post