Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
While I can understand your frustration and trust me I share it, you need to edit your post as discussing the SPECIFIC location of the cards is a nono on this forum. Saying they are in the same place is fine as long as you don't tell anyone ware that place is.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dillndill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think I'll buy any more single boxes as I believe that most people whom are selling single boxes have searched their cases, found the autos/sketches and are just selling the rest off expecting them to be costume cards.

Exactly why I probably won't buy anymore. I bought one box and got lucky with a sketch, but I looked at the sellers present/past auctions before buying and didn't see any sketches/autos listed and took a chance.

Posts: 84 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
what really annoyed me is the base cards. 78 out of the 157 base cards were damaged, with two dented lines running down each card. So I don't even have enough 'decent' quality cards to make one base set. Shake Head

Your not alone, we are sending 5 cases back because of this problem. The cards have two indentations running all the way along the the fronts. (I will post an image shortly) Basically about 1/3 of all the packs are affected in our cases, making them unsellable. Even boxes that seemed ok at first were found to have packs that had the indentations in them. If you run your finger over the top of the pack you can normally feel the problem however this was not always the case, packs that seemed fine still had damaged cards inside. We asked from replacements and have been told that the product is sold out.

Yeah, that's exactly what my cards look like too. Frown Poor quality control and with no replacements sucks.

I didn't use to have anything against Topps, didn't see the problem with sticker autos etc, but the lack of a guarantee about replacing damaged cards has definitely forced me to lean more towards Inkworks cards in the future. Bummer.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
noticed that with my 2 boxes I got today that the inserts are in the same place.. Probably last boxes I will buy as you can pretty much pick up the cards you want for as much as a box or cheaper.. I was thinking the same thing maybe some of the seller open their cases and after pulling 4 auto/sketches they sell the rest figuring they will be costumes Shake Head

What gets me is some of the sketches that were accepted compared to the ones that were rejected.. I would trade the one I pulled for any of the rejected ones since mine has about 200 that look just like it..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I finally got to open my two cases Smile

1st case: Very happy with this one, despite the double parkman-costumes (which actually seem to be one from his shirt and one from his pants, since the patterns are quite different on the patches)

Case 2: Not as good as the first, but not too bad. Double parkmans again Frown The Hiro-jacket-costume seem to be the scarcer variant and the claire-patch is quite different from the one from the first case, guessing it is one from the top and one from the skirt.

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great cases Hyperion.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting the Hayden auto and the Palmer sketch in the same case (he only did 56).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Great cases Hyperion. Six sketches is good considering the odds and you got the big auto in the set!

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile

I was very happy when I pulled the Hayden-auto, and some wrappers later got the Palmer-sketch which I truly love. From there on out I really didnt care too much what was in the rest. But yeah, I consider myself lucky with these breaks Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fazzinchi
posted Hide Post
Picked up three boxes off eBay and they arrived this morning. Pulled a Hayden auto in box one, a Hiro costume and a sketch of Parkman by someone whose intials appear to be either GH or QH. Chuffed with my auto card Smile

Posts: 35 | Location: Chichester, UK | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Great pulls Hyperion!!! The Palmer sketch is outstanding! Thumb Up

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Matje
posted Hide Post
Finally got my 2 boxes. I got:
-Matt costume Mad
-sketch off Micah by Edward Pun

I was realy hoping for an autocard. I'm not into collecting sketch cards. So this one I'm gonna sell/trade. And I don't have a complete set off foils. Frown

Sketch Micah

Posts: 67 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fazzinchi:
Picked up three boxes off eBay and they arrived this morning. Pulled a Hayden auto in box one, a Hiro costume and a sketch of Parkman by someone whose intials appear to be either GH or QH. Chuffed with my auto card Smile

Congrats! The artist should be Gabe Hernandez (GH).

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Got my case a couple of weeks ago and just finished scanning the pulls.

Box #1: Grant Gould Sketch (Peter Petrelli)
Box #2: Sendhil Ramamurthy Autograph (Mohinder Suresh) Smile
Box #3: Matt Parkman Policeman Uniform
Box #4: Matt Parkman Policeman Uniform
Box #5: Masi Oka Autograph (Hiro Nakamura) Smile
Box #6: Claire's Cheerleader Outfit (Red)
Box #7: Claire's Cheerleader Patch (3 Colours) Thumb Up
Box #8: Michael Duron Sketch (D.L Hawkins) Big Grin

I think I got a pretty decent case considering some of the pulls I've seen. Claire's patch doesn't look like it's from the actual patch. I couldn't match the colour scheme at all. It actually looks like the ribbon from the skirt but I got the white/red/yellow portions.

No need to show the Parkman memos Roll Eyes

Cheers,
Dragoncrypt

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here is case break #2 for me:

Hi again,

the only ugly part about this break was once again there was TWO Parkman costumes in the case which makes 4 for me now :curse:

the breakdown was 6 complete foil sets plus 4 dupes, 5 costume cards, 2 sketches, and 2 autos.... (yes there were 9 hits)

here are the costume cards other than the Parkmans.

Claire Bennet red skirt variation, Isaac Mendez painting shirt with awesome splatter marks- very cool for me because case #1 had a Claire sweater variant

Hiro Nakamura 3 color shirt variant...that was cool because case #1 for me had his jacket variant

now the sketches....

an awesome Peter Petrelli by Ingrid Hardy- really great detail on that one and a decent sketch of I think Claire's friend Zach by Howard Shum....perhaps HIM could shed more light on that one as I'm definitely a sketch neophyte.

and finally the autos.....

Noah Gray-Cabey as Micah Sanders and Hayden Panettiere as Claire Bennet Dance

friggin' ecstatic about the Hayden as that was the one card from this whole set that I really wanted when I saw it was being released. Now that I have her, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar and the Noah Gray-Cabey, I think I'll have to collect the other 6 Smile

thanks for the look!

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
anyone notice how well the claire autograph is selling...when she isnt a short print? like she sells for nearly the price of all other autographs combined at times...why is that?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
90% of collectors are male is the main reason Smile .

Also there was a persistent rumour prior to release that her auto was a short print before release although it's clear to anyone doing a bit of research that it was not.

Looking at the amounts of cards on auction sites there does not appear to be any short prints,all the cards(except Isaac Mendez of course Shake Head ) seem to be turning up in roughly the same numbers.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Here are the pulls from my 4 boxes:

I'm rather pleased. I already had a lot of the auto's from a different source, and have an unofficial sketch card, so think I have a fair representation of Heroes.

Smile

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Just a general question about storage: do you store the costumecards in a 75 pt toploader or a 100 pt toploader? I use 75 pt toploaders at the moment but feel they are too narrow and I don't want to damage the cards. I do not have 100 pt toploaders so I want to know if they fit better then the 75 pt.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MvG:
Just a general question about storage: do you store the costumecards in a 75 pt toploader or a 100 pt toploader? I use 75 pt toploaders at the moment but feel they are too narrow and I don't want to damage the cards. I do not have 100 pt toploaders so I want to know if they fit better then the 75 pt.

I have mine in 100pt right now and they are a little looser than I'd like, but then again I'd imagine 75pt would be a bit tight. I don't have any 75pt right now to try out to see.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post