Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
No WAY! That sketch is BRILLIANT! Who's it by?

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC sketch!!! Congratulations Wingsi!

quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
No WAY! That sketch is BRILLIANT! Who's it by?

Leah Mangue

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wingsi
posted Hide Post
Thx for the comments!

I only bought two boxes so I was quite lucky.
It's my best pull so far Smile

Posts: 29 | Location: Europe, somewhere where it's cold | Registered: May 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Awesome Mangue-sketch!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome sketch, that ranks right up there with the best Thumb Up

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Stunning sketch card. Clap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Got 4 boxes and pulled 3 sketches. Not bad me thinks. Smile

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
you did well there. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
anyone else having problems with making base sets ?

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Yes, the collation isn't that great. Out of two full cases, I only managed to put 22 sets together. I still have several hundred singles left over. Some cards had 22 copies (hence the sets) while other cards had 10-15 more copies.

quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:

I had great collation with my case; 1 set per box, with these totals:

Sets:
13 sets
(87/90 for set fourteen, & 7/90 for set fifteen)

Foils: 6 sets
(4 extras)

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i got 5 boxes and here's what i got

1) Claire Bennets Cheerleader Costume Card(white) Thumb Up

2) Hiro's Shirt Costume Card Smile

3) Isaac Mendez Shirt Costume Card

4) Matt Parkman Costume Card

5) Jack Coleman(Noah Bennet) Autograph Card
Smile

6) 3 foil card sets+ spares
overall not bad(90%)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During lunch today, I went back to the same dealer and bought the very last box he had. (He had a few sealed cases in the back, but wouldn't open it unless I committed to buying at least 4 boxes). Anyways, I wasn't expecting much since I already pulled the Peter Petrelli autograph from that same case. I was just hoping to get a nice sketch or a Claire costume card. As luck would have it, I pulled another autograph - Hiro this time. so in total, 2 autos in 2 boxes...I think I'll quit while I'm ahead =)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Booker,

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
2 good auto's there Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Bought one box:

Foils: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10
Parkman Costume Card

Bit disappointed with the costume, but what really annoyed me is the base cards. 78 out of the 157 base cards were damaged, with two dented lines running down each card. So I don't even have enough 'decent' quality cards to make one base set. Shake Head

EDIT: What address do I e-mail if I want to moan to Topps?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
ouch!

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Opened half my boxes tonight (2 of 4).
Here's what I got:

Box 1 - Claire Bennet costume (red) Smile

Box 2 - Michael Duron sketch of Hiro Smile

Very pleased with both of these & I love the base set & foils.

I'll be opening 1 tomorrow night & 1 on Saturday just so I can savour opening some packets (it's been a while).

Pictures when I've opened them all.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
My case finally arrived - I was going to get three originally, but only got the one in the end - as a sketch card collector first and foremost this case was disapointing Twak

5 costumes - 2 parkman, 1 of each Hiro & a red claire

2 autos - Ando & Peter Petrelli Thumb Up

1 sketch - Grant Gould Peter petrelli, side view like the other load on ebay Shake Head

Oh well, just as well I decided to only buy one case and spend the rest on sketches from the 'bay - managed to win 19 so far!

Posts: 46 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
what really annoyed me is the base cards. 78 out of the 157 base cards were damaged, with two dented lines running down each card. So I don't even have enough 'decent' quality cards to make one base set. Shake Head

Your not alone, we are sending 5 cases back because of this problem. The cards have two indentations running all the way along the the fronts. (I will post an image shortly) Basically about 1/3 of all the packs are affected in our cases, making them unsellable. Even boxes that seemed ok at first were found to have packs that had the indentations in them. If you run your finger over the top of the pack you can normally feel the problem however this was not always the case, packs that seemed fine still had damaged cards inside. We asked from replacements and have been told that the product is sold out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Bought 5 boxes 2 from one seller and 3 from another. All the so called big hit cards were found in the same place in each box. So I haven't even opened half the packs.

Box 1 Parkman police uniform with a stich line in it.

Box 2 Hiro shirt costume

Next lot

Box 1 Greg Grunberg auto Smile

Box 2 Hiro Jacket costume

Box 3 Parkman police uniform Twak Mad

I was happy about getting an auto and the hiro costumes, but I really didn't want a Parkman, but I guess the odds weren't really in my favour.
Was really disappointed that I didn't get a sketch (a good one). I'm still awaiting for the case I ordered months ago, but I'm beginning to think the seller isn't going to come through with this one. I don't think I'll buy any more single boxes as I believe that most people whom are selling single boxes have searched their cases, found the autos/sketches and are just selling the rest off expecting them to be costume cards. Boxes are selling pretty cheaply, they were up to $55 before the release and now they're down to $38. I honestly don't see the value of these boxes increasing very much over time.

Seriously though, what was the 4 month delay for, so they could find 10 more Police Uniforms they could cut up and add to every 4th box? Apparently the Isacc Mendez auto didn't make it back in time to be added to the release. What, 4 months delay and they still couldn't complete the set that they had advertised to everyone.

I say that Topps failed with this set of Heroes and I don't know whether to even bother about the update set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post