Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Got my first ever online-ordered boxes today (perfect service, despite the delay Thumb Up ) :

Out of the 2 boxes I got 3 base sets, a complete 10-piece foil set plus # 1, 4, 7, 8, 9 + 10 as doubles.

Unfortunately I had neither a sketch nor an autograph. Frown

But I got 2 nice costume cards (no Parkman - which seems to be a small wonder... Wink ):
a Claire 2-color logo-patch and a piece of the Isaac Mendez painter shirt (with red and brownish paint).
On the back of the Clare card is a picture of her sweaters logo, but nowhere on that is a piece of yellow and red... there is always black in between... wonder where this piece actually comes from...

Maybe I'll manage to trade the costume cards against some autograph or sketch.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

But I got 2 nice costume cards (no Parkman - which seems to be a small wonder... Wink ):
a Claire 2-color logo-patch and a piece of the Isaac Mendez painter shirt (with red and brownish paint).

I'd be delighted to trade you for your costumes. Cool

But I cannot tell a lie. Your Claire Patch is super-scarce, and you could probably trade it for up to five autographs or sketches. The average selling price for the last six auctionned copies is $149.46. Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
Got my first ever online-ordered boxes today (perfect service, despite the delay Thumb Up ) :

Out of the 2 boxes I got 3 base sets, a complete 10-piece foil set plus # 1, 4, 7, 8, 9 + 10 as doubles.

On the back of the Clare card is a picture of her sweaters logo, but nowhere on that is a piece of yellow and red... there is always black in between... wonder where this piece actually comes from...

That Claire patch card is SWEET! I have some sketches if you are interested in trading... I believe I posted pictures of all 4 of them above. Please email me if you are interested in working something out.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
My dealer had slight problem with my Heroes order so I just received my two cases today. They were well worth the wait though.

Here are my pulls from case #1

Here are my pulls from case #2

I think I got some fantastic sketches. I couldn't believe that I got a Cat Staggs sketch, a Sean Pence sketch (my favorite of my sketch pulls) and a very nice Taki Soma sketch out of one case. Plus, I was hoping to get either Claire or Hiro autograph (or both Big Grin ), so I was also really happy to get the Hiro's.

I will admit that I was really disappointed with the repeats of costume cards. The Matt Parkman repeats were kind of expected, but I was surprised to pull three Hiro jacket cards too.

Even with the repeat costumes, I still feel really good about my cases. Although, I think this means that I should quit while I'm ahead.

Craig

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rectz
posted Hide Post
HI

just opened my fourth box of heroes... sorry for the big scan but can ANYBODY tell me whether this is claire or niki/jessica???

im thinking its claire..

thanks to everybody in advance i appreciate it..

p.s. forgot to add THIS IS MY FIRST SKETCH EVER !!!! quite happy even if it wasnt staggs or pence.. !! ahah

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rectz,

Posts: 64 | Location: vancouver/b.c./canada | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I'd have to go with Jessica by the facial expression.

Congratulations on your first sketch rectz ! Thumb Up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still not received my boxes!
Frown

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rectz
posted Hide Post
your probably right.. but doesnt niki/jessica wear big hooped earrings...

ahahah anybody have contact with lord himself..

Posts: 64 | Location: vancouver/b.c./canada | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frown

Same here

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here I've seen the date of arrival, early feb for the uk. To be honest I am tired of waiting if they don't arrive then I shall not bother as its pathetic waiting this long we have completely missed the boat

Posts: 165 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
I'd have to go with Jessica by the facial expression.

Congratulations on your first sketch rectz ! Thumb Up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frown

I'd say it's Claire. Claire has "puffier" hair than Niki/Jessica.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
quote:
Frown

Same here

AJJ They should be in next week if you orderd from Richard?

Great pulls everyone

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
quote:
Frown

Same here

Haven't got them either and I just can't wait anymore...

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Just got my box today...£35!!! oh yes! Metal
Really liked the base set and the foil cards - just missing 3 - and i got the Hiro piecework card - very nice.

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rectz:
your probably right.. but doesnt niki/jessica wear big hooped earrings...

ahahah anybody have contact with lord himself..

She doesn't wear them all the time for sure.

Niki usually parts her hair in the middle or pulls it back. Sometimes she parts it from the other side.

Claire has parted it that way at times...

So does Hayden...

Maybe it's neither... looks like Elle to me. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raider5gt:
AJJ They should be in next week if you orderd from Richard?

Great pulls everyone

If your thinking of Richard from the Vault then yeah I ordered from him. Well fingers crossed they turn this week coming.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Here are my pulls from my second case. I didn't bother with the 2 parkman's (I think everyone knows what those look like by now Roll Eyes) or the mostly white Isaac costume card.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Picked up two boxes here.

Box #1: Parkman sketch by Michael Duron

And, I looked back through the breakdown thread and I didn't see anyone pulling one of these yet (but I could have missed it) anyway...

Box #2: Isaac sketch by Tim Sale Thumb Up

Would love to post it but I have a poopy scanner. Going to snap off a digital pic of it if someone would care to host it for the board? Let me know.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Dispite the great sketches pulled, the Sale one has to be the Holy Grail of this set Clap Looking forward to seeing it Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
KJN well done on the Sale sketch, that's awesome, I'm very jealous. For me, the Sale sketch is kinda like a propwork!

I'm also in the 'ordered from Richard' catagory and I've been told it should be this week.

Frown

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wingsi
posted Hide Post
Pulled this sketch from my box

I'm happy Smile

Posts: 29 | Location: Europe, somewhere where it's cold | Registered: May 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post