Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
I'm so disappointed. My case arrived today.

I think the collation is horrific, and my case was a poor one.

Olly

Sorry to hear about your lousy case. From what you and others have said, and the generally weak sketches that have been posted, it looks like Topps really dropped the ball on this one.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
When it arrived, it was 8 boxes tightly packed into a relatively small cardboard box with clear duct tape around it. It wasn't in a sealed Topps box or anything, just a regular box.

I hadn't thought about that Wolfie. I've never had a case of anything before, so I don't know what they look like.

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
When it arrived, it was 8 boxes tightly packed into a relatively small cardboard box with clear duct tape around it. It wasn't in a sealed Topps box or anything, just a regular box.

I hadn't thought about that Wolfie. I've never had a case of anything before, so I don't know what they look like.

Someone on Ebay has this pic...

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Topps case are like that,there is no mention of Topps on the box.On two of the four sides of the box it should have 8/24 ct. and #813-071H.and also a hand stamped number in ink 26015.

And looking at the post that appeared just before mine thats what they all look like Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
On the sealed cases I got the no. on the inside lid of the boxes were all the same and the same no. was printed on the side of the case. So if in was a sealed case all the no. should match up.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
On the sealed cases I got the no. on the inside lid of the boxes were all the same and the same no. was printed on the side of the case. So if in was a sealed case all the no. should match up.

I'm not sure how it works for Topps, but at least for Inkworks, when I purchased multiple cases, all three cases had the same number on the outside of the box and on the inside lid of each box. example: The outside of the box had 123456 for all three cases and the inside lids all had 123456.

It is not impossible to take boxes from each cases and make a new case.

Except, the tape, sealing the box is clearly stamped with the word Inkworks on it.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
In that case, yes it was an authentic sealed box. Which for my own piece of mind, is nice to know. The seller is completely genuine. It's sadly just a very poor effort from Topps. One autograph, weak sketch, and six costumes.

Frown You win some, you lose some!

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Got 1 more case at a good price and very very pleased with it. 2 autos, 2 sketches, 4 costumes (won't bother showing). Pics will show you why this is the best case I ever bought!! Big Grin

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOAH!
Congrats! Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
This is what i had from my case,well 7 boxes as my brother nabbed 1,he had Clare Bennet Sketch by G.Gould.Also the Parkmans costume cards are different as the material goes two different ways,ones got like lines in it and the other hasn't.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mirth918
posted Hide Post
Hi

I've been a fan of these boards for a while but I've never posted before. I grabbed a few boxes of Heroes and I wanted to share my sketches. I know Exploding Peter is by Ingrid Hardy and Hiro and Peter is by Otis Frampton (both excellent!)
However I don't know who the artist of Claude is. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Location: Sunny California | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
That one is a stumper, I thought I'd seen all the signatures by now but that one is a new one to me. I don't recognize the style either.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Mystery solved, that first sketch is by Edward Mize. There are no numbers for him but I suspect he didn't do more than than 50, very few have turned up which is why I couldn't identify it at first, I had to get the answer at the scoundrel board.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mirth918
posted Hide Post
That was super fast! Thanks Incarnadine, very much appreciated! Clap

Posts: 14 | Location: Sunny California | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Batman,

Your comments on my card are definitely true, I agree that was a lousy card. Unfortunately, the last batch of cards suffered only to make the deadline. I apologize to anyone who rec'd these cards. I will be on for the Season 2 set, and I promise that those will be of a lot higher quality. It's these honest comments that help me improve and motivate me to do better next time.

Cheers, N

quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Case # 2:

Not too bad, either. The Walks sketch is great, and makes up for the lousy Albrecht one. The Milo autograph was a nice pull also. More Parkmans, but that was not unexpected.

Posts: 5 | Location: Temecula, CA | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Milo auto and the rest of pretty good case raider5gt. Thumb Up Worth the wait?

Awesome looking sketches Mirth918. Thumb Up

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Nice case (eventually) raider5gt - it seems that your worst fears weren't realised after all. A Parkman variant sweetens those two boxes!

Mirth918 - I love that Ingrid Hardy sketch. the colours are great!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my 1 box, had to go get it from the post office as nobody was home yesterday to sign for it.

I got the Hiro's Shirt Costume mainly white with 3 green stripes, 1 vertical on left & 2 horizontal at bottom.

I also got 8 of the 10 foil cards 3 - 10 & 1 complete base set with an even split of duplicates towards a second set.

I also got the set of 4 promos at the same time which make a nice picture.

Did notice a rather strange coincidence with the foil cards & which packets they were inserted into, but from other posts I take it going into detail on this is discouraged.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Thanks AJJ & justm,worth the wait???yes i guess so LOL,no my fears werernt realised (8 Parkmans in 1 case Big Grin )Thanks guys,i think i was quite lucky with my case Thumb Up

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Batman,

Your comments on my card are definitely true, I agree that was a lousy card. Unfortunately, the last batch of cards suffered only to make the deadline. I apologize to anyone who rec'd these cards. I will be on for the Season 2 set, and I promise that those will be of a lot higher quality. It's these honest comments that help me improve and motivate me to do better next time.

Cheers, N

Hi Noah,

Please don't take my comment as not liking your work, it was just that particular sketch that I did not care for. I've seen quite a number of your cards that I like quite a bit.
Welcome to Card Talk! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post