Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mirth918:
Hi

I've been a fan of these boards for a while but I've never posted before. I grabbed a few boxes of Heroes and I wanted to share my sketches. I know Exploding Peter is by Ingrid Hardy and Hiro and Peter is by Otis Frampton (both excellent!)
However I don't know who the artist of Claude is. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!

You don't know how lucky you are, not only are your sketches excellent but that Exploding Peter by Ingrid Hardy was supposed to be one of her returned cards and not even supposed to be in packs so you actually got an artist's returned sketch from one of your boxes. I wonder if TOPPS has ever made that mistake before?

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its great that some of the sketch artists post on these boards and very admirable in particular that Noah Albrecht responded to criticism of his work.

way cool,

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mirth918
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by Mirth918:
Hi

I've been a fan of these boards for a while but I've never posted before. I grabbed a few boxes of Heroes and I wanted to share my sketches. I know Exploding Peter is by Ingrid Hardy and Hiro and Peter is by Otis Frampton (both excellent!)
However I don't know who the artist of Claude is. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!

You don't know how lucky you are, not only are your sketches excellent but that Exploding Peter by Ingrid Hardy was supposed to be one of her returned cards and not even supposed to be in packs so you actually got an artist's returned sketch from one of your boxes. I wonder if TOPPS has ever made that mistake before?

Oh no! That's terrible if that's the case. Any way to confirm this?

Posts: 14 | Location: Sunny California | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it! I hope you like the card - he was fun to paint! Smile

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mirth918
posted Hide Post
Ingrid I love the card! It's the only sketch card I'm keeping from this set. Are you sure you're cool with me keeping it though? I feel bad that you were supposed to get it back.

Posts: 14 | Location: Sunny California | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mirth918, these things happen. I'm just glad nobody has said "ewwww, yucky card you pulled"! Then I might be depressed. Big Grin Onward we go.....bright horizons lay ahead! New lands to be discovered! Explicitly luscious chocolate to be eaten!

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian A. Davis
posted Hide Post
I just finished opening three cases and I feel pretty good.

My biggest fear was getting enough Parkman costume cards to sew my own together. I really lucked out by only getting four Parkmans in three cases. Unfortunately, I also got a duplicate autograph and duplicate Clair and Isaac costume cards. So, of a possible (by the odds) 24 major insert cards, I got 18 unique cards. One box had both a costume card and a sketch card to actually make 25 inserts.

Costume Cards
4 x Matt Parkman
3 x Isaac Mendez
2 x Claire Bennet (White)
1 x Claire Bennet (Red)
1 x Hiro Nakamura Jacket
1 x Hiro Nakamura Shirt

Autograph Cards
1 x Hayden Panettiere
1 x Zachary Quinto
2 x Sendhil Ramamurthy
1 x Masi Oka

Sketch Cards
1 x Brian Ashmore
1 x Howard Shum
1 x Sean Pence
1 x Cat Staggs
1 x Noah Albrecht
1 x Grant Gould
1 x John Watkins-Chow
1 x Unknown Artist (First photo, middle sketch)

If anyone can tell me who the artist is for the middle sketch in the first photo, I'd appreciate it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brian A. Davis,

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pilled a James Kyson Lee auto out of my box, and I am giddy. i LOVE ando Big Grin

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Locoduck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The final four boxes that I ordered online:

Got the Hayden auto in the last pack. I'm happy!

What the heck is that sketch of? Holy cow, Jordan can do better and she is in first grade.

Twak

Aw. I have a fan.
Tell me, does your first grader also have a little more respect for individuals than you do?

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Howdy Mike! Welcome to the board. Wave

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Locoduck
posted Hide Post
Thanks! It looks like there are quite a bit of coolies hanging here. Looking forward to being here with familiar pals and new faces!

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
There are a whole lot of great and knowledgable people who frequent these boards Mike...you should have a blast! Metal

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Davis:
I just finished opening three cases and I feel pretty good.

My biggest fear was getting enough Parkman costume cards to sew my own together. I really lucked out by only getting four Parkmans in three cases. Unfortunately, I also got a duplicate autograph and duplicate Clair and Isaac costume cards. So, of a possible (by the odds) 24 major insert cards, I got 18 unique cards. One box had both a costume card and a sketch card to actually make 25 inserts.

Costume Cards
4 x Matt Parkman
3 x Isaac Mendez
2 x Claire Bennet (White)
1 x Claire Bennet (Red)
1 x Hiro Nakamura Jacket
1 x Hiro Nakamura Shirt

Autograph Cards
1 x Hayden Panettiere
1 x Zachary Quinto
2 x Sendhil Ramamurthy
1 x Masi Oka

Sketch Cards
1 x Brian Ashmore
1 x Howard Shum
1 x Sean Pence
1 x Cat Staggs
1 x Noah Albrecht
1 x Grant Gould
1 x John Watkins-Chow
1 x Unknown Artist (First photo, middle sketch)

If anyone can tell me who the artist is for the middle sketch in the first photo, I'd appreciate it.

[I removed the photos until I can re-size them. Sorry about that.]

Hi Brian,

Just sent you an e-mail! Wave

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can you give us a larger pic of just that sketch...too small to tell right now

also, awesome break!
great sketches and autos!

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Locoduck:
Thanks! It looks like there are quite a bit of coolies hanging here. Looking forward to being here with familiar pals and new faces!

Welcome Michael! I think folks might appreciate that sketch more if they knew it was part of a multi-card panel (like the one you did for Mohinder).

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Locoduck
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. When I was setting up the puzzles I tried to make sure each card could stand alone as well as a whole.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmc913:
quote:

also, awesome break!

Here is an enlarged view of the sketch by the unknown artist.

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Hi Brian,

Just sent you an e-mail! Wave

Email received. I'll respond shortly. Smile

Brian

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Locoduck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dmc913:
quote:

also, awesome break!

That would be one of mine.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Locoduck:
quote:

That would be one of mine.

Hi Michael! Wave

Thanks for the ID. This was one of the best confrontations in the first season. I love the sketch composition.

Thanks.