Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Locoduck:
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The final four boxes that I ordered online:

Got the Hayden auto in the last pack. I'm happy!

What the heck is that sketch of? Holy cow, Jordan can do better and she is in first grade.

Twak

Aw. I have a fan.
Tell me, does your first grader also have a little more respect for individuals than you do?

If you actually watched the show you would EASILY know that is Issac Mendez with his crazy future seeing eyes at work. But I guess you don't

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Update - I was fortunate enough to locate one of the other cards - only two to go. The quest continues! Welcome to Card Talk, Michael!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
its getting better all the time Batman

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Mr Duron, your sketches are absolutely wonderful. Congratulations on such great contributions to the set! Smile

Olly

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
i picked up 2 boxes @ £40 Eek each:

and got 2x costumes Shake Head

Isaac the Painter (white shirt with yellow) Shake Head
Claire the Cheerleader (all white) Smile

I'll probably ask me dealer for 2 more boxes from that case Eek

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ConfusedBoy:
i picked up 2 boxes @ £40 Eek each:

and got 2x costumes Shake Head

Isaac the Painter (white shirt with yellow) Shake Head
Claire the Cheerleader (all white) Smile

I'll probably ask me dealer for 2 more boxes from that case Eek

Wow, your seller must be making some profits from selling a box for 40 quid!!!!

Unfortunate that you got the costume cards but yes, I would also recommend if you getting more boxes, get it from the same case as the sketches and autos are still there. Remember the number printed on the box flap

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Update - I was fortunate enough to locate one of the other cards - only two to go. The quest continues! Welcome to Card Talk, Michael!

The piece is awesome, best of luck with your hunt for the two missing cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats, it will be a long quest

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I gave in and got 3 Retail Bonus Boxes and 10 packs from a new Retail box. I got lots of foils, but not even one complete set. Though, like with Star Wars (where I got both gold foils), the Bonus Boxes turned out better. I got 4 lenticulars from them. So I gave in again and got a hobby box. That entire box plus my other cards got me just 1 complete set, a couple of cards short of another, and a bazillion spares. Shock, from Topps. :P

Some people seemed to be getting 2 costume, sketch, or autos, but I only got a sketch.

Hiro's Katana hilt by Tom Hodges

Pros: The cards are nice.

Cons: I have a TON of spares. My Lenticulars are a MESS! They all are super rough around the edges and two of them are splotchy like the lentucular part is coming off, making them ugly. I also didn't like how the pic on the front had nothing to do with the back, usually with no explanation. I opened these with my mom, and since she's never watched it and I missed most of the episodes, you can't follow them very well.

"Oh, that looks interesting!" ::looks at back:: "Huh?"

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have rarely heard of people getting two hits pet box. Only seen it a couple times. Nice hit with the sketch though, always nice to pull something other than a costume from this set.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
I have rarely heard of people getting two hits pet box. Only seen it a couple times. Nice hit with the sketch though, always nice to pull something other than a costume from this set.

yeah, i think I've heard of either 2 or 3 boxes so far with multiple hits...

good job on pulling a sketch Thumb Up

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Finished opening my 7 boxes and got no duplicates, apart from inserts but that's normal Wink
I haven't collated base sets as I do that when I'm bored.

Here's a thumbnail of all of them. Click it to enlarge.

So, from 7 boxes I got 4 sets of inserts, 1 set missing 1 card and another set missing 4 cards.

1 Parkman Auto
1 Parkman Sketch (artist initials LH)
1 unknown Sketch (artist initials look to be MA with '07 next to it)
1 Parkman Costume
1 Claire Costume (white)
1 Hiro Costume
1 Isaac Costume (black with white and a bit of dark red paint)

Even with all the varying posts about this set I'm still tempted to buy another case. A whole one. If there's any still around after I've paid off my other cases I might do that Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
quote:

1 Parkman Sketch (artist initials LH)
1 unknown Sketch (artist initials look to be MA with '07 next to it)

Your unknown sketch there is by Noah Albrecht! I am guessing it is supposed to be Micah, but of course not sure! Sorry, can`t help you with the other artist!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Maybe the other one is Ingrid Hardy. It looks like her style but I am not 100% sure.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Parkman is one of Ingrid's beautiful cards. Nice pull!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Smile I don't know many of the artists as I haven't been following the threads.

Cool

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I received my case yesterday and opened it today.

I can say I'm extremely happy about it.
This way my first case and it's won't be my last one, but certainly the last one of this serie.

OK, my breakdown:
*lots of base sets & foil sets
*Parkman costume card (2x)
*Isaac Mendez Shirt costume card with a lot of paint on it.
*Hiro shirt costume card
*Sketch of Peter drawn by Grant Gould
*Sketch of Hiro drawn by ??? (signature looks like Oill 07) I will look it up.
*Autograph of Noah Gray-Cabey
*Autograph of Heyden Panettiere Dance

I'm so happy with the last autograph, now that I have it I will go after the other ones to get an autograph master set.

All Costume cards are FOR TRADE.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats Peter, glad you got some stuff you wanted from your case. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
*Sketch of Hiro drawn by ??? (signature looks like Oill 07) I will look it up.

I'd guess William O'Neill

Great job on the Hayden!

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
My last 3 box breaks-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post