Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Just finished breaking a case I got off eBay for $278 shipped. Here's what I got:

2 Parkman costume
1 Hiro jacket
1 Isaac shirt
1 Claire cheerleader outfit (skirt?)
1 Noah Gray-Cabey autograph

Sylar sketch by Joseph Booth

Peter sketch by Russell Walks Big Grin

I love the sketches! There's another Booth Sylar up for auction right now but mine is nicer! Cool And Walks evidently only did 71 sketches (I'm assuming 65 pack inserted plus his six back) so I'm pretty stoked to have pulled one.

Very happy.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Blakely
posted Hide Post
I got my case of Heroes Season 1 and it breaks down as follows.

2 Matt Parkman costumes
2 Hiro Costume cards (Jacket & Shirt)
1 Jack Coleman autograph
3 Sketch Cards (Otis Frampton, Leah Mangue, Tom Hodges)

I checked Otis Framption website and saw all of the sketch cards he drew. I only saw Two Black and white cards and the rest was color. I was wondering if anyone knows if that means it is extra rare?

Heroes Season 1 (Click Here to view sketch cards)

I was a little bummed to get Two of the Matt Parkman costume cards in a case, but pulling 3 sketch cards Especially the Otis Frampton made up for it. I'm still not sure if I want to purchase the second season of Heroes 2. I like having the matching binder for my sets.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blakely,

Posts: 9 | Location: Portland, Oregon | Registered: April 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice case break Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Blakely your Frampton sketch is beautiful, congrats! And as for being bummed about getting TWO Parkman costumes, you got three sketches, that's very lucky! I'd swap my one sketch, one auto, and six costumes for your case break in a heart beat. Wink

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Blakely
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blakely your Frampton sketch is beautiful, congrats! And as for being bummed about getting TWO Parkman costumes, you got three sketches, that's very lucky! I'd swap my one sketch, one auto, and six costumes for your case break in a heart beat.

Thanks! The Frampton sketch is my favorite too. Thumb Up

Posts: 9 | Location: Portland, Oregon | Registered: April 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I said to myself i wouldn't buy a box of heroes cards because of some of the bad breakdowns people got...but gave in while i was at collectormania in mk, i brought 3 boxes all together (the temptation got to me Twak ) heres the breakdown:

BOX 1
Matt Parkman costume Shake Head this is what i was worried about as i had just brought one on ebay 2 weeks prior for 50p!! Frown ah well 2 boxes to go i thought! think positive!! Smile

BOX 2
Matt Parkman costume............. Confused say no more.....

BOX 3
I pulled a sketch in the last box, i don't collect sketches but this one is pretty good! Does anybody know what the card is worth? the scan is below..

I was hoping for an autograph (or maybe 2) but hey i guess the sketch will do Big Grin

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: July 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
nice Ando!

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Hard to put a dollar amount on it but safe to say it'll more than cover the cost of your 3 boxes. Smokin'

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The-UK-Collector:
I pulled a sketch in the last box, i don't collect sketches but this one is pretty good! Does anybody know what the card is worth? the scan is below..

I'm no expert but I think Sean Pence sketches generally do very well.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats good to know!! Bouncey cant believe how detailed the pence cards are...those parkman costumes are a nightmare though Shake Head lol!

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: July 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
My fiance won a box at the Card Talk breakfast.

I pulled an Isaac costume - all black version - from it.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Grabbed a box off Ebay, guess I did OK. Wink

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Guess you did, now thats the sort of sketch i would like. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Guess you did, now thats the sort of sketch i would like. Thumb Up

When I saw the SP as I revealed the card, I nearly did a backflip off the couch. Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Blakely
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketch card Ted!! Clap

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

That's a great sketch! Congratulations!

It's cool to see a sketch card artist that's also a collector that gets excited about this stuff!

-Bob-

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

That's a great sketch! Congratulations!

It's cool to see a sketch card artist that's also a collector that gets excited about this stuff!

-Bob-

Are you kidding? Someone that doesn't collect cards OR watch Heroes would get excited about this card! Big Grin
I'm just a collector that likes to draw. Smile

Thanks everyone - I still can't believe I pulled it!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't posted here in years (an engineering degree doesn't permit too much free time). But it's summer now and I picked up a box of Heroes just to try my luck (and resume this hobby).

1 Box:
Base set missing numbers 32, 46, 58, 60, 68, 76, 78
Foil set missing numbers 7, 8

and...

Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli auto Thumb Up

If anyone has extras of the cards I'm missing, please shoot me an email.

Posts: 8 | Location: CA/NC, USA | Registered: November 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Email sent.
quote:
Originally posted by Ladros:
I haven't posted here in years (an engineering degree doesn't permit too much free time). But it's summer now and I picked up a box of Heroes just to try my luck (and resume this hobby).

1 Box:
Base set missing numbers 32, 46, 58, 60, 68, 76, 78
Foil set missing numbers 7, 8

and...

Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli auto Thumb Up

If anyone has extras of the cards I'm missing, please shoot me an email.

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post