Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Alright, here is my 5 case breakdown. Scans won't be up until Monday or Tuesday. For those wondering, here is my guess as to the rarity of the costume cards:

Claire Cheerleading Outfit Patch (0)
Claire Cheerleading Outfit (2)
Hiro's Shirt (2)
Issac Mendez Painting Shirt (4)
Hiro's Jacket (5)
Matt Parkmans Police Uniform (9)

EVERY COSTUME & SKETCH IS FOR TRADE FOR THE THREE AUTOGRAPHS I DID NOT PULL AND THE CLAIRE PATCH COSTUME

Case 1:
Matt Parkman Police Uniform Costume
Issac Mendez Painting Shirt costume
Claire Cheerleading Outfit costume card
Hiro Shirt costume card
Noah Albrecht HRG Sketch
Otto Differenbach Peter Sketch
Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mohinder Suresh Auto
Milo Ventimiglia as Peter Petrelli Auto

Case 2
Hiro Shirt costume card
Hiro Jacket costume card
Craig Rousseau Hiro sketch
Grant Gold Nikki/Claire sketch (cannot tell who)
Michael Duron Peter Sketch
Zachary Quinto as Syler Autograph

Case 3
Hiro Jacket costume
Issac Mendez painting shirt costume
Lord Hiro Sketch Card
Craig Rousseau Hiro sketch card (almost the freaking same as the one from case 2)
Jack Coleman as Noah Bennet Autograph
Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura Autograph

Case 4
Issac Mendez Painting Shirt costume
Hiro jacket Costume
Paul Guiterrez Hiro sketch
Kevin Doyle Nathan Petrelli Sketch
Edward Pun Nikki Sketch
Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mohinder Suresh Autograph

Case 5
Hiro Jacket costume
Issac Mendez painting shirt
Claire's Cheerleading Outfit costume
Edward Pun Hiro Sketch
Grand Gould Peter Petrelli Sketch
Joseph Booth Noah Bennett Sketch
James Kyson Lee as Ando Autograph

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so only 1, maybe 2 autos per case and no Claire auto in 5 cases.

That tells us a great deal.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yup...tells us that Topps has done it again. Roll Eyes I'm almost scared to see what only 4 boxes will reveal. *sigh*

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Claire auto is Short printed but even if it wasn't with 11 autos at 1.5 per case it would still take nearly 8 cases to pull all 11 autos (with no duplication) so it'll take a lot more breakdowns before the rariries start to come to light, that or TOPPS finally updating their Heroes page.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I agree, until more cases are broken it will be hard to tell which are rarer. I could have just gotten really unlucky is all. Topps could have every singer signing the exact same number of cards and I just got unlucky not to pull Claire, remember, I also didn't pull Issac, or Miccha and there should be no reason either of them are short printed right? I guess time will tell. The Patch cheerleading card WILL be super rare. They can only make maybe 100 MAX piece with that small patch. I don't think there were duplicate costumes at all, I think 1 costume was used for each card, and they were simply able to stretch them out well.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are scans:

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can see why the sketches were a bit disappointing to you...with 5 cases, you should have expected slightly better. Some are nice, but...yeah. Still, I really like your costume cards and autographs! Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for the breakdown, it was really fun to read. Smile

I love the Isaac costume card. It's a cool swatch and a nice card. Smile And the Hiro sketch at the far right of the top row is awesome! I love the cartoon style. The same goes for the Albrecht sketch of Mr Bennett on the bottom row. Really cool art. Smile

Thanks!

Olly

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
honestly, my biggest complaint is that I got freaking THREE repeat artists out of 5 cases. Topps is just horrible with coalation.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nice costume and autos!
very nice Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
I really do like the autos and strangely, the costume cards too. The design is quite nice and your Mendez costume is great!! As for the sketches, well.....can understand your disappointment. Overall, looking at your cards, I am fairly sure I won't be disappointed with my 2 cases! Big Grin

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like the autographs and piecework cards too. Not a sketch card collector so not really too fussed what I pull in my case as most likely be trading or selling on the bay to fund the autographs I missing.

I hope the Topps Gods are kind to me (since it will be virtually my birthday when they arrive in Australia) and what would be a better birthday pressie than to pull a Claire auto Big Grin

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I also love the costume & sketch cards.

I have, of course, by saying this guaranteed a sketch card in each of my 4 boxes.

Double bluff?

Won't know for about a fortnight.

Ideal collation for me would be 1 of each & I wouldn't mind what was in the fourth.

What was your opinion of the other cards - base & chase - Bryan?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The base are nice, and a good amount of Tim Sales artwork from the show is used which I am happy about. Unfortunatly there is only one chase set, a 10 card foil set which fall around 6 or 7 per box.

Picture of Matje
posted Hide Post
So the Hiro Costume cards are the same??
I mean, same picture of Hiro with a piece of his shirt or jacket. Hope this is not the deal with Claire's cheerleading patch.

And are there variants of the Claire costume card?? One with red & white maybe...

Posts: 67 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bryan or anyone else who has open boxes. How many sets did you get per box ?? I read all of the comments and did not see a breakdown as far as sets. Thanks

PS. REALLY enjoyed your scans of the autos and costumes.

Posts: 2 | Location: Columbus, Oh | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I honestly do not know...I have not gone through any of my base or inserts yet.

posted Hide Post
I guess since Bryan decided to go ahead and list early we will see how they sell to get an idea of what to expect.

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were actually a couple that listed before me...the autos on Ebay (Claire and Suresh) are not mind and last I checked the Claire was already above $200.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Four boxes opened so far.

2 costumes, a Parkman and a Hiro pin stripe.

1 auto of Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli.

One colour sketch by Otis Frampton of Nathan Petrelli Elephant .It's on page 52 of the news and rumours thread,top of the third block on the left.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post