Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Here's my 2nd case pulls which were kinda a letdown as compared to the 1st case where the sketches are of a high quality. I got 2 autos (nice but got a duplicate Ando), 2 sketches and 4 costumes (2 of Parkman).

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls Cardz_house Clap

Did not buy any boxes and wasnt going to bother but looking at the quality of some of the sketches i may start picking a few up..

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone please help me identify the artists of these 2 skethes? Many thanks, Tim!

and...

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say William O'neill and Jon Ocampo.

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Matje
posted Hide Post
I think the Niki/Jessica sketch is from William O'Neill. There's one on ebay looking almost the same.

Posts: 67 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
My first case arrived today and very happy with it.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wicked case breakdown sittin9duck

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Awesome case breakdown sittin9duck! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Matje
posted Hide Post
MR. MUGGLES ROCKS !!! Smile

Posts: 67 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I got 1 of my 2 cases in the mail today. A bit confused since I ordered 2 from the same source and it is odd they didn't show up together. Confused Hopefully the other 1 arrives tomorrow. I won't say how but it didn't take long to figure out exactly where to find the auto/sketch/costume card in the boxes after I opened 1. I have all 8 of my "hits" from this case and I still have just under 7 full boxes worth of unopened packs.

Box 1- Edward Pun Niki sketch
Box 2- Lord Mesa Claire sketch
Box 3- Adrian Pasdar auto
Box 4- Matt Busch full color Claire sketch. Looks to be part of a multi card panel as it only shows the upper left quarter of her face.
Box 5- Hiro's shirt costume
Box 6- Parkman's police costume
Box 7- Parkman's police costume
Box 8- Milo Ventimiglia auto

3 Sketches, 2 autos and 3 costumes. So glad I beat the odds on the number of costume cards. Big Grin

Scans coming tomorrow most likely.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
A couple of great cases there sittingduck and Incarnadine!

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Weds I had stopped at a shop and they had just got theirs in, I ripped through 13 packs before I got the hit-

After getting that, I knew that chances are the 2 boxes he had left were from the same case and my odds of another auto were tough but I got em anyhoo-

Im just glad they werent Parkman.

I have 4 boxes being held for me but I may extend them and put em on layaway because I thought about it and Id rather go after sketch cards as they show up and worry about autos later since those will be the more common thing to get vs a nice Hiro sketch card.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I got my one box today. The funny thing is, I ordered this in August before the new season started but I totally hated season 2 and lost all interest by the time the release date rolled around. C'est la vie, I guess. I wish I would have put the money into another box of OOTP Update.

I pulled 8 of the foils (missing 3 + 4) and the common Parkman costume.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Great pulls HIM Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I had time to do some scanning, here are the 8 hits from my case. That Busch is definitely part of a multi card panel:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Incarnadine,

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures. You should post a smaller scan. At the moment your causing the board to stretch.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rectz
posted Hide Post
just busted 2 boxes... was very pleased

thanks for the view

Posts: 64 | Location: vancouver/b.c./canada | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great finds everyone Thumb Up,still waiting for mine to turn up. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two Hobby boxes here. Retail boxes are starting to show up, without autos/memorabilia/sketches. Retail inserts are 10 different foil cards (dual image) and 10 lenticular cards.

Hobby boxes: 24 packs of 7 cards, 8 boxes per case.
Expect 1.75 90-card base sets if collation were perfect.

Box 1:

Base cards: 1 complete set, 69 extras
Foils (10 .. 1:3 packs): 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8
Memorabilia (5 card designs with variant swatches .. 1:44 packs): none
Sketches (50 artists identified so far .. 1:86 packs): none
Autographs (10 signers .. 1:135 packs): Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mohinder Suresh

Box 2:

Base cards: 1 complete set, 67 extras .. 3 sets from 2 boxes
Foils: 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 .. complete set in my 2 boxes
Memorabilia: Claire Cheerleader Outfit (red with 2 textures)
Sketches: none
Autographs: none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Just got my 1 case and am basically pleased.
2 Parkman Costumes (blah)
1 Hiro Shirt Costume (nice looking colors)
1 Claire White Costume (with supposed blood marks)
1 Grant Gould Common Sketch (man these are common)
1 nice Mike Duron "Future Hiro" Sketch (looks like part of a combo)
1 Adrian Pasdar Auto
1 Masi Oka Auto

Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post