Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Beyond Stoker's Dracula (Cult-Stuff 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beyond Stoker's Dracula (Cult-Stuff 2013)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I received my order of Beyond Stoker's Dracula from Jason at Cult-Stuff earlier today and had some opening the packs. The 18 card base set and 10 card chase set are really good. I got a good selection of sketches with a couple of really nice pieces from Danny Silva, Anastasia Catris and Chris Thorne. There were no bad sketches Smile!

Anyway, as these are being sold today at the Memorabilia Show at the NEC here in the UK, I think it should be alright to show the sketches I pulled from my one case break:

Israel Arteaga, Chris Thorne, Patrick Hamill
Kitty L Dye, Robert Hack, Eric Van Elslande
Richard Simpson, Jesse Hughes, Anastasia Catris

Dave Sharpe, Joe Hogan, Clinton Jaeger
Dave Strong, Josh Ginter, Marco D Carrillo
Matt Erkhart, j(ay), Jason Westlake

Danny Silva, Bonnie Brooks, Barry Linck

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Kevin, thanks for the scans.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, nice looking sketches, Kevin. Thanks for posting them.

Now I'm really looking forward to receiving my packs! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One other thing on the sketches. Collation was perfect in that I got 21 sketches and 21 different artists Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Nicely done

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just opened my pack of this set. Smile

It contained an 18 card set with art by various artists which made the set of intrest because all the pictures were not of the same style.

The backs contain information on the various vampire novels etc that were written before and after the Stoker novel.

My pack also contained two puzzle pieces for the Nosferatu set. Each has a picture on the front and then the backs make up a larger picture which I think is allways a great way of doing chase cards.

I also got two glossy versions of the base cards which really make the images shine and a card numbered Q1 which has Queen Victoria as a vampire, apparently she was not amused.

My pack contained two sketch cards, one by Eric Van Elslande and one by someone called Hamill ( never heard of him ) Big Grin

A really nice set and a great addition to the previous Dracula set. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketches from my case

Israel Artega,Anastasia Catris,Chris Dee.

Marcia Dye,Eric Van Elslande,Dan Gorman.

Luiz Zavala?,Robert Hack,Patrick Hamill.

Joe Hogan,Laura Inglis,Trista Kloack.

Scott Rorie,Barry Luck,???.

Dave Sharpe,Bianca Thompson,Chris Thorne.

Brian Typhair,Paulina Vassileva,Clinton Yeager.

Nice that there were 21 different artists Thumb Up . Apologies for any mis spelled names,there were a few artists I have not come across before.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I also got two glossy versions of the base cards which really make the images shine and a card numbered Q1 which has Queen Victoria as a vampire, apparently she was not amused.
Hm, glossy variants. Sounds like I need to go back through all my base and chase cards to see which ones I missed Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, been back through and done some checking. Sneaky Jason included glossy variants for the complete Base Set, the Queen Victoria 'Vampire Queen' Q1 card and the 'Sherlock Holmes and Victorian Vampires Card' 23. The 10 card Nosferatu chase set seems to all be the same finish. I'm one card short of completing two sets and all of the cards have the same finish front and back.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The ??? at the end of Triple-Frog's 5th row of sketch cards (After Barry Linck) is Reid Fisher.

Posts: 4 | Location: South Lincolnshire UK | Registered: November 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RTC:
The ??? at the end of Triple-Frog's 5th row of sketch cards (After Barry Linck) is Reid Fisher.

Thank you Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post