Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
1969 (Historic Autographs, 2019)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/6717007296

February 25, 2020, 10:32 AM
xtime
1969 (Historic Autographs, 2019)
Picked up a few boxes.
Each box contains 2 inserts, 3 base (#99-under), and 2 sports cards.
Standard hit odds...
Cut autos 1:3, Car keys 2:5, Coins 1:3, Stamps 1:3, Vietnam relic 1:3, Shatner relic 1:4, Shatner autograph relic 1:150.

BOX ONE...
1 1969 baseball card
1 1969 football card
2 base 84 & 95 (##/99)
1 red base 98 (2/5) 1:10
1 Impala trunk key 2:5
1 Apollo 8 Stamp on NFL 50th Anniversary card
1 bounty card...two long-shot options...
- complete a red parallel base set get $4000 (1:10)
- complete a lunar parallel base set get $1000 (1:5)

BOX TWO...
1 baseball card
1 football card
2 base 97 & checklist (#/99)
1 red base 2/5 1:10
1 Jumbo Vietnam Military relic
1 El-Dorado trunk key (hand-numbered 1/27)
1 bounty card

Overall grade B-/C+
Pros: History, interesting mix of hits, chance at Shatner auto, and other cut autos.
Cons: Sports cards, no wrapper, bounty card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

February 25, 2020, 01:22 PM
Raven
I always like the sound of these historical products that include oddball memorabilia cards and autographs from related individuals, often deceased. I like the novelty aspect and the base cards can be informative.

I've never had much luck getting any substantive hits though. I don't mean value wise, just in the sense of adding something I really enjoyed owning. Unfortunately the filler in these types of products is just stuff and people you have never heard of and it keeps me from trying more than a couple of boxes every couple of years. In the last one I got, I kept getting these glued bits from old newspapers and how historic is that? Big Grin
February 25, 2020, 02:02 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Picked up a few boxes.
Each box contains 2 inserts, 3 base (#99-under), and 2 sports cards.
Standard hit odds...
Cut autos 1:3, Car keys 2:5, Coins 1:3, Stamps 1:3, Vietnam relic 1:3, Shatner relic 1:4, Shatner autograph relic 1:150.

1 1969 baseball card
1 1969 football card
2 base 84 & 95 (##/99)
1 red base 98 (2/5) 1:10
1 Impala trunk key 2:5
1 Apollo 8 Stamp on NFL 50th Anniversary card
1 bounty card...two long-shot options...
- complete a red parallel base set get $4000 (1:10)
- complete a lunar parallel base set get $1000 (1:5)

Overall grade B-/C+
Pros: History, interesting mix of hits, chance at Shatner auto, and other cut autos.
Cons: Sports cards, no wrapper, bounty card.

Thanks for sharing. Opened a case for a group break and really liked it on the whole, especially since it isn't too expensive. I actually think the bounty cards should be a pro, it is an extra incentive for those who like to collect sets. Shatner relics were too common, think there were 6 in a case so it got repetitive. Something about those keys I really liked. Guess since I will never own a vintage Camaro or Corvette at least I can have a key!

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I always like the sound of these historical products that include oddball memorabilia cards and autographs from related individuals, often deceased. I like the novelty aspect and the base cards can be informative.

I've never had much luck getting any substantive hits though. I don't mean value wise, just in the sense of adding something I really enjoyed owning. Unfortunately the filler in these types of products is just stuff and people you have never heard of and it keeps me from trying more than a couple of boxes every couple of years. In the last one I got, I kept getting these glued bits from old newspapers and how historic is that? Big Grin

You are talking about Super Break with the glued newspaper pieces. They started off really strong a few years back and have gone downhill in quality. Their last release was a mess.
February 25, 2020, 02:36 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

You are talking about Super Break with the glued newspaper pieces. They started off really strong a few years back and have gone downhill in quality. Their last release was a mess.

Exactly Super Break Pieces of the Past 2018 Antiquity Edition. The newspaper and document cards were unattractive and pointless. The stamp cards looked a lot better. The product is very discounted now, no doubt because it got opened up. Naturally I bought it when it came out at full price. Big Grin
February 25, 2020, 07:46 PM
xtime
Just added results of box #2.
Surprised by the hand-numbered insert, and two red parallels. Really happy with the jumbo Vietnam relic.

Anybody have results to post, please do asap.

Wave

February 25, 2020, 11:11 PM
ifish73
quote:
Just added results of box #2.
Surprised by the hand-numbered insert, and two red parallels. Really happy with the jumbo Vietnam relic.

Anybody have results to post, please do asap.

Wave

Here is the link to our case:
https://www.blowoutforums.com/...5&highlight=historic
February 26, 2020, 04:49 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I'm trying to put together the base and tie-dye parallel sets. Let me know if you can help. Smile

https://www.blowoutforums.com/...thread.php?t=1342023
February 27, 2020, 03:22 AM
Triple-Frog
I keep getting a " cannot connect securely to this page " message when clicking on the above links to blowout forums . Anyone else getting this Confused .
February 27, 2020, 08:52 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I keep getting a " cannot connect securely to this page " message when clicking on the above links to blowout forums . Anyone else getting this Confused .

Yes, I am too
February 27, 2020, 09:10 AM
ifish73
Here are the hits from the case if you are having trouble with the link.

February 27, 2020, 09:23 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Yes, I am too

Wonder if it's a UK thing or a software issue Confused . I can't seem to access any Blowoutforums now although I can get to Blowoutcards.

Thank you ifish73 for posting pictures Thumb Up .
February 27, 2020, 10:32 AM
xtime
Any of the chase cards hand-numbered?

There are a number of case and individual box breaks on Youtube.

Angel

February 27, 2020, 11:45 AM
cardaddict
Those are nifty cards! Thanks for the pictures!
February 27, 2020, 12:58 PM
ifish73
quote:
Any of the chase cards hand-numbered?

There are a number of case and individual box breaks on Youtube.

Angel

I think the Shatner auto, Shatner leather jacket and one or two of the keys were. Don't remember if any of the coins were.