Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Mars Attacks: The Revenge! (Topps 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mars Attacks: The Revenge! (Topps 2017)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Got my box in record time all the way from sunny Arizona! Here's the contents:
55 card base set
11 green border parallels
4 yellow border parallels (numbered to 199)
1 red border parallel (numbered to 99)
1 silver border parallel (numbered to 10)
55 Pencil art cards (same images as base set done in light gray lines)
15 green border pencil parallels
2 yellow border pencil parallels (numbered to 199)
2 red border pencil parallels (numbered to 99)
1 black border pencil parallel (numbered to 55)
1 artist autograph Fred Harper (numbered 3/10)
1 sketch by Andrew Lopez of a giant Martian stepping on a human who has been shrunk

Thoughts on these cards: The base set is great, more gory images in full color, a tradition begun in 1962.
Aside from the sketch, all the rest of the cards are parallels. The backs are the same, even the artist autograph. The pencil art cards are light gray images of the base set, not artist's preliminary drawings. Do we need color border parallels of these too? The backs of these could have had artist notes about the drawing they did.
Topps packs all this in a beautiful, sturdy box. The 55 base cards, the sketch and the autograph are going into an album, the 92 parallels will go back in the box.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree Don, a nice set but as with most Topps sets these days way too many parallels that are too hard to complete and are not creative.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post