Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Terminator Salvation (Topps 2009)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator Salvation (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
As promised here is the breakdown from my case.

The base set is typical Topps, nothing special, but not bad. The foil embossed machines are awesome, with the T-600 and T-700 cards being especially nice. The Memorabilia Cards have a decent design, but the material piece seems rather small. The Autograph Cards are nicely done. Yes, they are stickers, but the stickers are very unobtrusive and the stickers fit nicely into the allocated spot on the card. The sketch cards, while all machines are really nice. I'd say these are the nicest Topps has ever done. I admit this is based on just a 1 case sample, but I'm very happy with the quality.

2 complete foil sets, 3 cards short of a third set, with 7 additional cards.

1 Memorabilia Card, with actual worn material of Marcus Wright's Shirt

Autographs:
3 Jane Alexander
2 Chris Ashworth
1 Dylan Kenin
1 Jadagrace
1 Michael Ironside

6 Sketch Cards

With two hits a box, I ended up 1 card short and it's either a Sketch or Memorabilia Card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Just got my two boxes today.

Autos:
Jadagrace
Michael Ironside Bouncey Clap

Costumes:
Marcus Wright's Shirt
Kyle Reece's Vest

No sketches, but the Ironside auto makes up for that. Overall, it's not a bad set. I haven't put a base set together yet (waiting to see the film tomorrow). I do like the embossed chase cards. Much better than plain foil.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Pretty good breaks so far! Can't wait to bust open my case and watch the movie as well!

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my case, got a full set of the autograph cards with 2 duplicates, 5 sketches, and 3 costumes. Made 2 foil sets and 1 short of a 3rd, sets were approximately 1.5 per box. I have posted the sketches and a cool varient I got of Michael Papajohn's autograph:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Someone tell Michael I LOVE his pizza!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches Batman! I love that Davies sketch...eerie!

The Papajohn varient is awesome. Wonder if more variants will show up.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
As promised here is the breakdown from my case.

The base set is typical Topps, nothing special, but not bad. The foil embossed machines are awesome, with the T-600 and T-700 cards being especially nice. The Memorabilia Cards have a decent design, but the material piece seems rather small. The Autograph Cards are nicely done. Yes, they are stickers, but the stickers are very unobtrusive and the stickers fit nicely into the allocated spot on the card. The sketch cards, while all machines are really nice. I'd say these are the nicest Topps has ever done. I admit this is based on just a 1 case sample, but I'm very happy with the quality.

2 complete foil sets, 3 cards short of a third set, with 7 additional cards.

1 Memorabilia Card, with actual worn material of Marcus Wright's Shirt

Autographs:
3 Jane Alexander
2 Chris Ashworth
1 Dylan Kenin
1 Jadagrace
1 Michael Ironside

6 Sketch Cards

With two hits a box, I ended up 1 card short and it's either a Sketch or Memorabilia Card.

This does look like a pretty good case with 2 sketches from longtime Marvel artist Don Perlin and one from acclaimed illustrator Bob Larkin. Davies made a nice splash in Star Wars Galaxy IV and its good to see him carry his excellent work into this series

Autographs wise, the Ironside is nice with him having appeared in prominent roles in the "V" miniseries and TV series as well as a choice role in the horror classic "Scanners".

Not too shabby, I was on the fence on this release, but having seen this impressive breakdown right out of the gate, I'll definitely pick up a box or two. (There will also be a limited retail edition unless that's changed.)

Good show!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Congrats on all the great looking sketches Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Orange
posted Hide Post
Some real nice sketches, congrats to all.

Opened two boxes earlier this week and finally got the sketch cards scanned.

The 2 autos were Chris Ashworth and Jane Alexander.

Here are the 2 sketches.

I was very happy to pull 2 sketches, and really like the Davies, not as nice as the one above, but still nice. I did manage to pull 3 full base sets out of the 2 boxes, but not a full embossed set(4 cards short).

Posts: 26 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hobby boxes hold 24 packs of 7 cards, 8 boxes per case. Expect 1.79 base sets of 90 cards per box if collation were perfect. Two boxes: no sketch, but I would have rather had mintoncards' Ironside auto instead of a second Alexander. Wink I completed a third base set with the extras from the two boxes.

BOX 1

Base cards: 1 complete set, 70 doubles
Embossed Foil cards (9; 1:6 packs): 1 3 5 7 (of 9)
Autographed cards (6; 1:24 Hobby packs): Jane Alexander - Virginia
Movie Memorabilia (6; 1:48 Hobby packs): John Connor's Jacket
Sketch cards (28 artists; 1:48 Hobby packs): none

BOX 2

Base cards: 1 complete set, 70 doubles
Embossed Foil cards (9; 1:6 packs): 1 2 6 8 (of 9)
Autographed cards (6; 1:24 Hobby packs): Jane Alexander - Virginia
Movie Memorabilia (6; 1:48 Hobby packs): Marcus Wright's Shirt
Sketch cards (28 artists; 1:48 Hobby packs): none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Wain
posted Hide Post
Picked up a reasonably priced box at collectormania over the weekend, all in all a nice set of cards my one gripe being that I was missing a few cards for a base set, the main pulls were

Dylan Kenin autograph
Kyle Reese jacket memorabilia card
4 Embossed cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve Wain,

Posts: 48 | Location: London | Registered: January 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Opened up my box of Terminator Salvation yesterday and my main pulls were:

- Micheal Ironside autograph
- Sketch by JKM (?)
- 4 embossed foils (they look so cool)

Posts: 145 | Location: Blerick, Holland | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I saw the retail packs this weekend at Target. So they are out there for anyone who's looking for them!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Broke one box for the blog, full review is there...

Box Breakdown:

Complete Base Sets: 1 (plus extras)
Embossed Foil Cards: 3, 4, 5, 9 (1:6 packs)
Autographs: 1 – Dylan Kenin/Turnbull (1:24 packs)
Costume Cards: 0 (1:48 packs)
Sketch Cards: 1 – Jonathan D. Gordon (1:48 packs)

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Breakdown of my 3 boxes;

Box 1:
1 Base Set + Spares
Embossed Foil Cards - 3, 4, 5 & 9
Autograph Card - Dylan Kenin as Turnbull
Costume Card - Kyle Reese's Vest

Box 2:
1 Base Set + Spares
Embossed Foil Cards - 1, 2, 6 & 8
Autograph Card - Chris Ashworth as Richter
Costume Card - Marcus Wright's Coat

Box 3:
1 Base Set + Spares
Embossed Foil Cards - 2, 4, 5 & 6
Autograph card - Jadagrace as Star
Sketch Card - T-600 by Don Pedicini JR

Overall happy with this set the cards are good & the Embossed Foils are nice. Would of liked to have got a complete set of Embossed Foils out of the 3 boxes & had hoped that I might of gotten the Michael Ironside Auto.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
4 boxes:

I nice mix of inserts, but nothing big!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post