Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Garbage Pail Kids Flashback 2 (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage Pail Kids Flashback 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
It's been awhile since I had anything worthy of posting in a breakdown, but I thought this gem fit the bill.

Went to Target this morning and bought 5 packs of Garbage Pail Kids Flashback 2 cards from a gravity feed. At first I thought it was a misprint, until I turned the card over!

Odds are 1:2636 packs
This is the first printing plate I have ever pulled!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From a retail pack, no less. Congrats!

Shame it wasn't the "yellow" plate. Eek

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Shame it wasn't the "yellow" plate. Eek

Actually, that was very funny. It took me a second, but I got it. LOL

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Congrats Nice Score. I got 1 of 5 Peter Criss Drumhead peices from a Target Box of 5 packs from one of the KISS sets. Only place to buy cards at retail around here. The few BB card shops and the last remaining comic shop quit carrying NS other than game cards years ago.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a rack pack at Target.

Had 24 cards total with a poster of Adam Bomb.
Among the 24 cards were two green parallels and one 3d card...the exact one I needed to finish the set.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Congrats Nice Score. I got 1 of 5 Peter Criss Drumhead peices from a Target Box of 5 packs from one of the KISS sets. Only place to buy cards at retail around here. The few BB card shops and the last remaining comic shop quit carrying NS other than game cards years ago.

nice score on the peter criss any chance of a photo of it?

Posts: 91 | Location: ma | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spaceace35:
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

nice score on the peter criss any chance of a photo of it?

I miss spoke. It is an Eric Carr relic not a Peter Criss. Card number 02/05. see
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....287077006#9287077006

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James7
posted Hide Post
I just opened 6 packs of GPK Flashbacks series 2. They were packaged in blister packs of 2 packs each with a bonus sticker.

Green parallels:

59b Drippy Debbie
71b Jason Basin
78b Valarie Vomit

Pink parallels:

20a Babbling Brooke
43a Mickey Mouths
25b Bushy Bernice

Adam Mania:

7 of 10. This is the sticker where a bunch of roaches are exploding out of his head.

Bonus Stickers (four overall):

B1 Locked Dorian
B2 Vermin Herman
B3 Facey Tracie

I think this is a high quality set and lives up to the expectations I have for Topps.

All of these are up for trade.

Posts: 34 | Location: USA | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James7
posted Hide Post
I got one more two pack blister today. I pulled a green parallel of 40a, "John John", and I also got a silver parallel of 12a "Jolted Joel". For my bonus sticker I got another of B3, "Facey Tracey".

Posts: 34 | Location: USA | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post