Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

Some more solid sketch cards.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
And since we just had Thanksgiving, it's only fitting that we have some turkey, or in this case the turkey's that pass for sketch cards.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
you really did get some awesome sketches there Arvin
lot more good ones than turkeys

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see that Brent Woodside has responded well to criticism, that sketch is a vast improvement Big Grin Noah Albrect's work seems to have gone downhill a bit. I mean Amy Pronovost and Katie Cook can produce some excellent work in a cartoon style....

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stuff_guy:
I opened some boxes yesterday and have couple more for tonight. As mentioned, 2 sketches per box. Some nice; but got my 'worst sketch ever'. No clue what it is. Some kind of stick.
The Gold foil cards are numbered to 99; so at 1:167 packs, there are only 775 cases of this product. May not be too many on secondary market.

I kind of figured this would after people were burned by Heritage and KOTCS which cause the majority of the dealers/collectors to cutback on their orders which resulted in this low # of case production. Now the question is, will there be a retail product and what is likelyhood of pulling quality sketches. I think with the early reports of 2 sketches per box and the low production, this has the signs of being a sleeper.

Posts: 47 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvr-enuff:
quote:
Originally posted by Stuff_guy:
I opened some boxes yesterday and have couple more for tonight. As mentioned, 2 sketches per box. Some nice; but got my 'worst sketch ever'. No clue what it is. Some kind of stick.
The Gold foil cards are numbered to 99; so at 1:167 packs, there are only 775 cases of this product. May not be too many on secondary market.

I kind of figured this would after people were burned by Heritage and KOTCS which cause the majority of the dealers/collectors to cutback on their orders which resulted in this low # of case production. Now the question is, will there be a retail product and what is likelyhood of pulling quality sketches. I think with the early reports of 2 sketches per box and the low production, this has the signs of being a sleeper.

Sleeper isn't the word! I cracked 3 cases so far and 2 of them were IMO awesome!!! The 2nd case yeilded a McHaley and a Ballard, but was the weakest of the 3.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
I purchased two boxes at a local card show.

Base sets - 3 plus some singles
9-Card Silver Foil - 1 set plus a few extras
9-Card Bronze Parallel - 2 (both same card)
6-Card Foil Puzzle - 1 set with two singles

Here are the sketches:

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look like the sketch ratio is 2 per box because of the low production; did anyone know what can be the odds of the autograph and how many signers they have?

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:
Look like the sketch ratio is 2 per box because of the low production; did anyone know what can be the odds of the autograph and how many signers they have?

1 in a little over 7,000 packs. I trashed all of my empty packs, so I can't give the exact #.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post

Haven't figured out the landscape yet. Anybody want to speculate the connection?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Haven't figured out the landscape yet. Anybody want to speculate the connection?

Is it the characters on the elephants from Temple of Doom?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm? Well, you may be right. Kinda reminds me of the ink blot test. LOL

The artist did put some effort into the landscape sketch. If you like either sketch they are up for trade.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:

1 in a little over 7,000 packs. I trashed all of my empty packs, so I can't give the exact #.

Did you know how persons sign in this one or is only the three big autograph (Lucas, Spielberg and Ford) and the triple?

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally finished my first hobby box...

24 packs, great wrapper and box design.
1 complete base set
64/100 on second set
Great collation and eye catching images.
6 Foil Art 1,2,3,4,8,9 1:4
4 Etch foil 1,3,4,6 1:6
1 Bronze parallel 1:24
2 sketches (see above, nowhere near masterpieces)
Chase ratios right on target.

Surprise!
1 Gold parallel #8/99 1:167

Overall B-/B
This could have been a B+/A- rated set, but the sketches were below par. Masterpiece should mean masterpiece, there should be no scribbles or doodles...are you listening Topps!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you know how persons sign in this one or is only the three big autograph (Lucas, Spielberg and Ford) and the triple?

Hi,

It is only Lucas, Spielberg and Ford who sign for the set. Each have sign 7 autos and 1/1 Triple auto of course.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Got myself one box only. A really nice base set and 2 great sketches !! Smile

Can someone please identify the artist of the first sketch?

Thanks

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Leah Mangue

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
Leah Mangue

Thanks Bryan !!

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my case today...
So far I'm liking this set a lot!!
First two boxes we got 4 sketches, and one Panoramic sketch!!! Clap

Posts: 20 | Location: Chula Vista, California | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Hobby Case

Box 1:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 2,4,5,6
6 Foil Art 1,2,3,4,8,9
1 Foil Art Bronze 8
0 Foil Art Gold
1 Panoramic Sketch Sobol
2 Sketches McKinney,Morris

Box 2:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 1,2,3,5
6 Foil Art 2,3,4,5,6,7
1 Foil Art Bronze 4
0 Foil Art Gold
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Branch,Hughes

Box 3:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 1,3,4,6
6 Foil Art 1,5,6,7,8,9
1 Foil Art Bronze 2
0 Foil Art Gold
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Farber,Redfern

Box 4:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 2,4,5,6
6 Foil Art 1,2,3,4,8,9
1 Foil Art Bronze 9
0 Foil Art Gold
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Bradley,Woodall

Box 5:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 1,3,4,6
6 Foil Art 1,5,6,7,8,9
1 Foil Art Bronze 3
0 Foil Art Gold
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Corroney,Sobol

Box 6:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 1,3,4,6
6 Foil Art 1,5,6,7,8,9
1 Foil Art Bronze 7
0 Foil Art Gold
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Dieffenbach,Duron

Box 7:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 1,2,3,5
6 Foil Art 2,3,4,5,6,7
1 Foil Art Bronze 6
1 Foil Art Gold 5 [# 52/99]
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Sawyer,Woodside

Box 8:
-----
1 Base Set
4 Etched Foil 2,4,5,6
6 Foil Art 1,2,3,4,8,9
1 Foil Art Bronze 1
0 Foil Art Gold
0 Panoramic Sketch
2 Sketches Ballard,Clare

Really happy with this case. Collation was great with no artist duplicates for the regular sketches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: venom5liter,

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post