Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
 Login/Join

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say you made out great!

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Christmas SURPRISE!!!
1/1 Cyan Printing plate...

Some more sketches...slight improvements:

Merry Christmas.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Day after Christmas.
Finally, something that comes close to being called a true sketch card.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I might be wrong, but I think that kind of tiny dot artwork is called "stipple".
Whatever it is, nice work from Don Pedicini and congrats on finding it!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Tried my luck at the local card shop, opened 10 packs and pulled these 2 sketches:

Tod Allen Smith

Denise Vasquez panoramic sketch

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Another surprise!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I bought a box for my wife for Christmas and we opened it last night.

We were completely blown away with the cards we pulled - each one a masterpiece.

I think we were really lucky - 2 sketches (Kyle Babbitt & Ingrid Hardy) and a panoramic (Paul Gutierrez - I think) !!

The best pulls we've had from a box in some time by quite a way!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are all very nice cards.

I might have to pick up a case or two.

What is the preferred method for storing the panorama cards?

I am worried about creases from leaving them folded up in a normal size card sleeve.

Posts: 3 | Location: neptune, nj | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rehbdan:
These are all very nice cards.

I might have to pick up a case or two.

What is the preferred method for storing the panorama cards?

I am worried about creases from leaving them folded up in a normal size card sleeve.

Ultra-pro sells archival safe postcard sized (holds up to 3 11/16 x 5 3/4 cards) soft sleeves & large toploaders that would fit them... you could then store them in a two pocket page.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my sketches from the 3 boxes I picked up. Besides the common inserts this is it. I have 2 more boxes on the mail and I'm tempted to get a case.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LUZNDAVE,

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My pulls out of two boxes, I was very happy to pull a Panoramic, and the cards by Laura and Kevin Doyle are spectacular!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice, is that top left Indy stipple?

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Pedicini Jr.:
Very nice, is that top left Indy stipple?

No, it appears to be some sort of airbrush technique. I'm not really that familiar with airbrushing, so I can't say for sure. It looks pretty cool though! I wonder if he made a stencil or what?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
2 more boxes arrived. A panoramic sketch and a printing plate.

Box1:

Box 2:

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
4 boxes! I`ll let the sketches talk for themselves (happy to get one of the panoramic ones)

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
I got two boxes in the mail and I am PRETTY SURE I made out like a bandit...or a Raider. Either way I am happy. Need help on two of the artists though.

Indy by Randy Martinez
Indy by Eric Maell
Willie by ???
Indy and Marion by J. Scott Campbell Elephant Dance
Panoramic Indy and Willie by Howard Shum

The Willie sketch is by Scott Zirkel. His signature kind of looks like "SH".

Oh, and congrats on the Campbell. Very nice.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Thought i'd try my luck at another box.

I think i'm really starting to like mcdee's work.2 boxes 2 sketches Big Grin

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:
4 boxes! I`ll let the sketches talk for themselves (happy to get one of the panoramic ones)

Beautiful Campbell Indy and I love the McCrea too!

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Wain
posted Hide Post
Thought I would have a crack at a box of these.
Pulled a nice Michael Duron sketch of Elsa, I really like his work so was very pleased. My mood somewhat changed when i pulled my Brent Woodside sketch of Indiana Jones (similar to the ones already posted here so I wont waste anyones time with another scan)

Collins English dictionary defines masterpiece as: 1. An outstanding work or performance 2. The most outstanding piece of work of an artist or craftsman.

My question is, if the above is true then how bad is Woodsides "lesser" work?

Posts: 48 | Location: London | Registered: January 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Steve, welcome aboard. Wave

While you are in the Collins English dictionary, look up "sketch". While they do not bring much on the secondary market (actually...very few Indy cards do), I see no problem with Woodsides as long as one does not get 3-4 per case.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post