Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
 Login/Join

Picture of alfster
posted
Got my two boxes today. Anybody getting 2 sketches per box?

I'll just post the sketches. I did not get a full set of the puzzel cards from 2 boxes. I got 4 sketches and a panoramic sketch from 2 boxes I should have got a case instead.

Can't make out name help?

Can't make out name help?

Bloodside

Chris Henderson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got all that from two boxes??
Nice pulls.. Smile

Awesome!! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my case.

Posts: 20 | Location: Chula Vista, California | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alfster:
Got my two boxes today. Anybody getting 2 sketches per box?

I'll just post the sketches. I did not get a full set of the puzzel cards from 2 boxes. I got 4 sketches and a panoramic sketch from 2 boxes I should have got a case instead.

Can't make out name help? HOWARD SHUM

Can't make out name help? JASON HUGHES

Bloodside BRENT WOODSIDE

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for correcting me on the Woodside name. I should wear my glasses. Thanks for the other names.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Nice work by Chris as always. Not knocking the artists but i gotta say for this being a "masterpieces" set, theres something lacking.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I've got three boxes on the way, and I agree with HIM. My concern level is HIGH. Frown

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Nice work by Chris as always. Not knocking the artists but i gotta say for this being a "masterpieces" set, theres something lacking.

Well at leat I'm not alone in thinking that the Hughes & Woodside aren't Masterpieces!

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
You'd think that for a "Masterpieces" set that they'd actually increase the quality of sketches. All three of those Shum, Woodside and Hughes are gonna be less than $5 sketches. This is only going to make people wary of buying boxes. Both the Heritage and KOTCS suffered with the quality, clearly no lessons were learned with those previous sets. I'm not a Indiana collector, but it's got to be disappointing to those that are. Hopefully there aren't too many of the poorer sketches.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
is the top sketch Peter Griffin as Indy?!?

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
You'd think that for a "Masterpieces" set that they'd actually increase the quality of sketches. All three of those Shum, Woodside and Hughes are gonna be less than $5 sketches. This is only going to make people wary of buying boxes. Both the Heritage and KOTCS suffered with the quality, clearly no lessons were learned with those previous sets. I'm not a Indiana collector, but it's got to be disappointing to those that are. Hopefully there aren't too many of the poorer sketches.

Well there are currently 97 IJM sketches listed and I can count on 1 hand the number of sketches I'd actually be happy to pull. A quick look at completed auctions shows the last 3 as Woodall $0.99, Woodside $1.76 and Shum $2.25. I know you can't get a big hit every box but it's pretty sad when the box hit won't even cover the price of the pack it was pulled from.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
There is actually some VERY nice pieces in this set. The early breaks seem to indicate that Topps put 2 sketches per box due to lack of orders. After losing money on the first two, I stayed far away from this.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
clearly no lessons were learned with those previous sets

they were with me Smile after my KOTCS box breaks I decided no more

Posts: 169 | Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I'll be tempted for a case but I'll wait until the prices have halved like I did on the other 2 sets. I agree with everyone else, Topps are misleading everyone by using the word "Masterpieces", it should have been "Indiana Jones Below Average Doodles with a a couple of decent ones thrown in for good measure" The title's long but appropriate.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
I'll be tempted for a case but I'll wait until the prices have halved like I did on the other 2 sets. I agree with everyone else, Topps are misleading everyone by using the word "Masterpieces", it should have been "Indiana Jones Below Average Doodles with a a couple of decent ones thrown in for good measure" The title's long but appropriate.

I have to agree with that. Past history has shown that the prices will drop by almost half the price. Just look at the prices for Crystal Skull cases on a certain auction website.....dear me.....Besides, with the current economic situation around the world, I have to be careful in my spending while making sure what I have spent is really worthwhile.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened some boxes yesterday and have couple more for tonight. As mentioned, 2 sketches per box. Some nice; but got my 'worst sketch ever'. No clue what it is. Some kind of stick.
The Gold foil cards are numbered to 99; so at 1:167 packs, there are only 775 cases of this product. May not be too many on secondary market.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I just finished busting two cases and I have to say that I am happy with what I received.

The base set does indeed live up to the title, "Indiana Jones Masterpieces." The Adam Hughes,6 card, "Etched Foil" set is attractive and the 9 card Drew Struzan, "Foil Set" is also very attractive.

I will be honest and say that I was very concerned about the quality of the sketch cards, based on what I saw on this site and on eBay. Fortunately, my fears were unfounded once I cracked my cases. Yes, there are some stinkers in this product, but with two sketch cards per box the good far outweighed the bad.

Here is what I received:

Base sets: unknown number

Etched Foil sets: 9 complete sets with 10 extra cards

Foil sets: 8 complete sets with 24 extra cards

Bronze Foil set: 1 complete set with extra cards

Gold Foil: 2 cards

Panoramic Sketch Cards: 2

Sketch Cards: 32

As you can see, there weren't any issues with quality control for this set, so Topps deserves credit for finally getting that right. I will post images of my sketch cards shortly.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

A really nice Panoramic by Ken Branch of Mutt.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

An exceptional Panoramic Indy by Carolyn Edwards.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

Some of my better regulars, including this awesome Elsa by Ken Branch.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post

Another group of solid sketch cards.