Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Masterpieces (Topps 2008)
 Login/Join

Picture of Steve Wain
posted Hide Post
Hi Igman7, thanks for the welcome.

Fair point. I fully understand that people have a different view on this subject which makes these debates all the more interesting, it's just such a let down for me to open that type of card. But as always it wont stop me buying them!

All the best..

Posts: 48 | Location: London | Registered: January 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
It seems the perspective on this debate depends on which side of the cash register you are on. People who purchase cases are more forgiving toward "low-quality sketches" (as long as they don't get too many per case). Whereas people who can only afford single boxes or even multiple packs (like me) are less forgiving in regards to the semantics between "masterpiece" and "sketch".

The debate is impossible to "win" because we all purchase these collectibles for different reasons. I'm just more careful what products I collect these days. I prefer quality over quantity during these uncertain economic times.

Also, welcome to the forums!!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened a couple of boxes a while back.

Artists are
Jim Kyle, Mark Walters
Joanne Ellen Mutch, Kate Glasheen

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My breakdown form yesterday:

Base Sets: 1 (nr. 3 is misprint upside down, but I believe that is common?)
Silver Foils: 6
Bronze parallels: 1
Etched Foils: 4
Sketch cards: 2

Posts: 145 | Location: Blerick, Holland | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
My 2 pulls

Voodoo Doll By Nichole Falk
Sallah By Jason Hughes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Forever Man,

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Forever Man:
My 2 pulls

Voodoo Doll By Nichole Falk
Sallah By Jason Hughes

Good to know that was supposed to be a voodoo doll...I was wondering why Indy was wearing a scarecrow's jacket. If I figure I could draw a better sketch card that's always a bad sign.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know it's kind of late for this, but does anyone know where I can buy boxes or preferably a case of Masterpieces? I have looked everywhere and no one has any.

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post