Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Super Hero Squad (Upper Deck)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Super Hero Squad (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Picture of tiggerhouse
posted
Marvel Super Hero Squad by Upper Deck. WOW, what a major disappointment. I purchased 3 boxes at over $50 per box, and still don't complete a base set. The collation for the chase cards are equally horrendous, with multiples of the same chase cards within the same box. I would expect with only 3 die-cuts per box, the chances of repeats would be small, but all three boxes had repeats of the same die-cut within the box. Upper Deck is targeting young kids (4 - 10 years old) to purchase this product and I find it hard to believe kids this age have this type of money to spend to get a set of these. Upper Deck should be ashamed of this type of collation. Here’s the breakdown of the three boxes (120 packs) that I opened:

0 complete base sets
2 complete pop-up sets
1 complete sticker set
0 complete die-cut sets
16 complete tattoo sets

The tattoos were found 1 per pack (40 per box), the pop-ups were found 1 in 3 packs (13 per box), the stickers were found 1 in 5 packs (8 per box), and the die-cuts were found 1 in 13 packs (3 per box).

Dan Carleton

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Dan:

Thanks for this info! Much appreciated. I have a two pack blister that I have yet to open. How was the art?

I guess the poor collation will drive up base set prices. Frown

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:
Dan:

Thanks for this info! Much appreciated. I have a two pack blister that I have yet to open. How was the art?

I guess the poor collation will drive up base set prices. Frown

The cards are cute. The artwork is nice and cartoonish, but the text is rather simplistic. But then again, the set is targeted towards a very young audience, so a minimal amount of text should be expected. I kind-a think of this set as a high-tech version of the Marvel Superheroes set produced by Donruss from 1966; cute and corny. Dan Carleton

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Finally cracked pen my two-packs blister pack a week or so ago.

I was rather disappointed with the artwork. Some of the cards feature a tiny character in the middle of the card while others have the chracter full image on the card. Not sure if there are subsets within the base set so hence the difference in styles.

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post