Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hammer Horror Series 2 (Strictly Ink)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer Horror Series 2 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Here are the sketches I pulled from my case;

I did not get the Jacqueline Pearce Auto Redemption.

At least one of the others.

No Auto/costume or Double Auto in the boxes apparently!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where's the other case/box break-downs?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I receive my box today, numbered 1620 with HarryHausen packets reversed to show them as Silver Foil.It contained the following:

The box states that there are 30 packs and the base set consists of 52 cards.

Promo card x 2 of The Art of Hammer which is a book featuring posters of Hammer Films
1 Costume Card of Barbara Shelley's Red Sweater as worn in Quatermass and the Pit Numbered C1. It was in a packet all on it's own.

1 complete set of Hammer Glamour C1-S2 to C9-S2 plus five spares.
1 complete base set of 54 cards. The base cards have part of Hammer poster back with 9 cards forming each poster. I also was 1 card short of a second base set and I had 21 further duplicates.Cards 53 and 54 are Checklist cards
1 Autograph card of Madelaine Smith numbered A6-S2
1 Autograph card of Valerie Leon numbered A12-S2

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 3 boxes. Each box had 3 big hits.

Autos + Barbara Shelley redemption card

Costume (2 of C1)

Sketch by Clay McCormack

If anyone wants to trade the duplicate Beswicke auto and costume card for ones I don't have, let me know (auto for auto, costume for costume).

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box 1201
1x promo for "The Art of Hammer"
1x costume card C1 Barbara Shelley sweater
0x sketch card
1x A1-S2 redemption card for Barbara Shelley auto
1x A7-S2 Martine Beswicke auto
1x set of Hammer Glamour chase cards plus duplicates of 4-8
2x sets of base cards

Not the best card set of Hammer images IMHO

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree not the best how can you have hammer without christopher lees iconic dracula .

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just opened box 0799 and I must say I am impressed with the collation in this box. I received 2 complete sets and had only 23 extras left and I also got within 3 cards of having 2 full glamour sets (only 1 card of 1,8,9). This is the 3rd box I have opened and the first with 3 autographs. I received a Barbara Shelley costume card in each of my 1st 2 boxes. My 3 autographs in this box were David Prowse, Martine Beswicke & Madeline Smith. The Prowse was a nice surprise, since I had already pulled the other 2 from my previous boxes. I really like the set and hope there are more Hammer releases in the future. I have 1 more box coming. Hopefully I can finally pull a sketch card, but 3 more autos would certainly be nice as well.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened one box (Ultimate box deal - still awaiting the additional sketches).

Autos
Julian Glover
Barbara Shelley

Sketch.

By artist?

Got the Barbara Shelley auto/costume card as part of the deal, too.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As discussed over on Scoundrel, the artist is Neil Vokes. You were quite fortunate to pull a sketch from your box as they are only inserted one in every three boxes. From my own experience, each box contains two auto cards plus either a third auto, an unsigned costume card or a sketch card. The colation on these was pretty good too, so three consecutive boxes will give you one of each....probably.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the auto/costume Raj. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just won on a box and a binder for £17.05 including postage.cracking deal.The binder is worth £24.99 and the box £49.99
i should get box 0461 in a couple of days.i will post when i get it.i have never opened any hammer cards but looking at some of the pulls on here,they do seem cool.if it wasn't for reading this site.i would of never of bid on this kind of stuff.looking forward to sharing my experince!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

You did get a good deal on the box and binder together for only £17.05p. Based on my own experience of opening quite a few of these boxes, you can be fairly certain of getting three hits. Two will definitely be autographs while the third will be either a sketch card, another autograph or a Barbara Shelley costume card. I did come across one box that only had two autograph cards and nothing else but it was an exception. Also, two of the autos are redemption cards. I hope you like what you find Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info kevin F Waveare the redemtions still valid?

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That will be entirely down whether Strictly Ink still have any left. Having said that, I believe they have run out of Jacqueline Pearce Autos, I don't know about the Barbara Shelley ones. Best thing is to hope you don't get a redemption card Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
heres to hoping.i would like a sketch card.b/w ones look cool!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markdennett,

posted Hide Post
i could be tempted to trade the binder and box if your interested kevin f??

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
i could be tempted to trade the binder and box if your interested kevin f??
Thanks for the offer but no thanks. I already have a couple of binders along with more boxes and autographs from that set than I care to think about along with some sketches.

posted Hide Post
You must of gone heavy on this release?.i will open the box.maybe you could help if im missing a card or 2??or if your missing something maybe i can help you??

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Got this card in the Strictly Ink deal last week.Artist is John Huan.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post