Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Aliens (Upper Deck, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aliens (Upper Deck, 2018)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Busted a case of Upper Deck's Aliens.

Happy with what I got, decent set for the best sequel in the bunch.

Haven't sorted base sets, but less than 1 per box.

4 Sets + Extras of the Colonial Marines Insert Set
4 Sets + Extras of the Locked and Loaded Insert Set
4 Sets + Extras of the Look Into My Eye Insert Set
Complete Set of 11 Acrylic ID Card Inserts
26 Alien Skin Cards
48 Alien Blood Parallels
20 Synthetic Blood Parallels /99
5 Acid Blood Die Cut Parallels /25

And the hits:

1 Hit per box plus one box had 2.
I'm a Henrickson Fan, so getting an auto ID and an inscription auto was very good for me.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice cards! I also enjoyed Henrickson's performance in ALIENS.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Love the Colette Hiller sketch. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Finished with the base cards...

8 complete base sets

Less than 100 extras, no more than 1 of any single card extra.

Amazing collation on the case level. I didn't keep track of it by box, but my gut tells me that a couple boxes still might not get you a complete base set. Some cards were in clumps.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Amazing collation on the case level. I didn't keep track of it by box, but my gut tells me that a couple boxes still might not get you a complete base set. Some cards were in clumps.

Ed

The big problem I continue to see with this type of product construction is that, even though multiple boxes are required to complete the base set, the actual completed set is still worth nowhere near the cost of the boxes. It may not be the $10 base set we had before, but it isn't a $100 base set that will continue to appreciate with time either.

This to me seems to be the worst of both worlds. You are discouraging collectors who want the whole set from buying sealed boxes because the sum of the parts costs significantly more than the whole. At the same time dealers who are breaking sealed product and can make complete sets to sell just can't ask what the sets should be worth because there is little collector demand for base sets over a certain amount.

But then too further complicate it, you have the parallels to the base sets, which are still a step above the regular base set in most titles. So we are saying the base set is worth more, but still not as much as it should be and not as much as the parallel set, while most collectors when asked don't even want the parallel sets and don't pursue them and are now are foregoing getting the base set too (sigh Frown).

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If you don’t like it don’t buy it, pretty simple

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

I wasn't speaking of the product as a title or even the card design or hit content. I'm a big Aliens fan, so I am partial to the title and have complete base sets of all previous Alien-Aliens related cards before UD took over the license after many years. I'm happy that they did because I got several nice actor autographs that I didn't have since prior sets did not have any signatures.

Never the less I find UD's formula of box construction that includes skipped hits, larger base sets and too many parallel and insert cards to be frustrating, just because I do like many of their titles and would like to buy more than I do. Perhaps I am not alone in that, maybe I am, but only by stating an actual opinion can any conversation get going. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another Quote by Batman:
Another rehash Star Trek set that very few people care about when does this madness end?

SO, you can moan and whine but the rest of us should keep to ourselves when we have opinions and observations?

I thought this was Card Talk not Card Only Bob Can Talk.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Get a life Barrett

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

there is little collector demand for base sets over a certain amount.

I was just in the post office a few days ago for the first time in a while -- a small flat rate box now costs $7.20.

Perhaps there is a cheaper way to ship a set that is still secure, I'm not sure, but sheesh, I'm not sure how that is even economically feasible to sell a set on eBay, pay their fees, then pay postage . . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get a life Barrett

I do have a life, quite a happy one unlike you Bob. You seem angry and bitter. Maybe you should leave cardtalk like you said you wanted to a while back. It might be good for your blood pressure.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Grow up

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Got a box in a Secret Santa gift exchange.

Decent Box:

Normal assortment of base cards, not a set
4 Alien Blood Parallels
2 Synthetic Blood Parallels
1 Acid Blood Die Cut Parallel
4 Look Into My Eyes Inserts 1,2,7,8
4 Colonial Marines Inserts 2,3,4,5
4 Locked and Loaded Inserts 4,5,8,10
2 Alien Skin Inserts 5,14
1 Plexi ID Card: WY-5 Dietrich
1 Auto AR-PD Mark Ralston as Private Drake

Needed the auto, so that was great. Fun break. Makes me look forward to the Alien3 Set next year.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally got a box...

Paul Reiser(Burke) - autograph plexi-glass id Clap

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post