Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2011 Allen & Ginter (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 Allen & Ginter (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
1 retail pack - 6 cards
5 singles
1 HH14 Hometown Heroes
1 mini - shortprint

1 jumbo retail pack - 12 cards
9 singles & 1 shortprint
1 FF6 HMS Indefatigable
1 mini - WMF3 World's Most Mysterious Figures - Kasper Hauser
1 binder ad card

Pros: design, good variety of non-sport.
Cons: Too much baseball.

Overall grade C/C+.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i ve been wanting to try a hobby box of these,they look like good cards,the only downside,one female per year,it that her, the golfer ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
i ve been wanting to try a hobby box of these,they look like good cards,the only downside,one female per year,it that her, the golfer ?

I'm not sure what you mean by one female per year. This year at the very least, they have Hope Solo (US women's soccer goalie) auto and costume cards...

Be warned that what this break doesn't show you is that A&G is mainly a baseball product. While I buy a few packs every year, I am aware that most of my pulls are going to be baseball cards that I have little interest in.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Granted there is a lot of baseball to sort through, but there are about 30+ non-baseball folks...about a dozen women among them.
And, a lot of the chase and mini's are rather unique non-sport persons, places, events, and things you will likely not find in your typical non-sport release.

Enjoy!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Bought a couple of hobby boxes and 6 loose packs just for fun. I know full well this product isn't something you buy for "big hits" but it does have a lot of variety, and maybe I'd get lucky and pull a Stan Lee auto.

Got a nice assortment of minis, only 2 parallels, 1 black border and 1 A&G back.

5 base parallels.

5 jersey relics- Tim Hudson, Nick Swisher, Hunter Pence, Brian McCann and Mark Reynolds.

1 Bat Relic- Jorge Posada

1 Autograph- Andres Torres

1 Silk Card- Mike Stanton 09/10

1 Rip Card- SHIN-SOO CHOO 11/25

I had no idea about the value of that Choo, I almost ripped it

Non sport pulls:

Minis

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Incarnadine,

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Picked up 4 packs with my son. We got a "Horse Hair" hair cut card from the 2009 Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver. So, my first DNA card.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got a spare Diana Taurasi ?
not the mini,the regular size card Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are actually at least 6 girls in this set
Wink