Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter San Diego Comic Con Goodie Bag (Artbox 2010)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter San Diego Comic Con Goodie Bag (Artbox 2010)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
I was able to pick up a few of these, and had some great luck.

Bags cost $80 each and were limited to one per customer per day. The bag itself is a nice quality cloth Artbox branded duffle bag. Each bag contained two different Artbox card binders, one from a previous Harry Potter set (various) and the second a nicely designed Artbox logo binder, useful to hold any card set. The Harry Potter binders included the original binder incentive cards.

Additionally, the bags contained a Harry Potter Card box (various, could be retail or hobby), or a Harry Potter retail tin (usually Half Blood Prince) and/or a Harry Potter card set with the 9 card foil or puzzle set included. You would usually get any combination of 2 of the above 3 items, not all three.

Also included were two small plastic card cases, one of which contained an all new 3 card exclusive costume set with each card numbered to 550. All bags had this set.

The 2010 3-card costume set, limited to 550

The second small case contained 3 cards, comprised of one autograph card and 2 costume/prop cards. 250 of the bags had a 2010 Comic Con exclusive Matthew Lewis as Neville Longbottom autograph card as the auto while the other 300 bags had a various autograph from a previously released Harry Potter series.

Longbottom Autograph exclusive, limited to 250

The 2 costume/props could be from any previous HP set and even sometimes featured case incentives including the very rare "Ci4" cards, which were used in the past to reward purchasers of 25 cases of a given product.

Also included in each bag was an Artbox logo beer cozy and a Star Wars Real Mask (various characters).

550 bags were sold, I believe 100 each day except for Saturday when 150 were sold. Inserted in random bags was a winner card which if found netted a Fleur Delacoeur exclusive costume card numbered to 30, I believe at a rate of 6 per day until all 30 had been distributed.

Even better for purchasers of the Goodie Bags (with the exception of those sold on Preview night) was the chance to spin a little bingo type device. Every ball was a winner of an additional item, but the very lucky (those drawing very low numbers) were given a different Super Rare memorabilia card each day, true one of a kind cards made from various costume/props from the films. These 5 "super winner" cards were numbered extemely low, with quantity of each shown in the parentheses:

Fleur Delacour metallic gold patch cards (10), Cedric Diggory's name from his Quidditch uniform (8), Ron Weasly's patch from his uniform (6), Bird Claw or Talon buttons from an overcoat worn by Viktor Krum (7) and the Durmstrang Staff Head, basically the top of an ornate wooden cane (14).

Spectacular designs on all of these cards, and kudoes to Artbox for their continuing innovation and for making these unique items available to Harry Potter enthusiasts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
The first goody bag I bought contained a tin, a Half Blood Prince set, the costume set and:

Half Blood Prince C4
Half Blood Prince P7
Half Blood Prince Isabella Laughland auto

When I played the bingo game I won a limited card, the staff, #13/14

My second bag got:

Memorable Moments 2 box which contained:
Slightly Creepy Boy autograph
C11 Double Costume

Half Blood Prince P12
Half Blood Prince Film Card CFC6
Half Blood Prince Louis Cordice autograph
Redemption for limited Fleur Delacoeur exclusive costume card #03/30

I almost bought another as they still had 2 left when I redeemed my card, but figured I better not press my luck.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Luck indeed, Uberbob! Two super-rare cards buying just 2 bags is simply incredible. Congrats!

Here's our Fleur Delacour Patch card limited to 10:

A nice touch is that these "winner" cards come in a little black box with a clear plastic window so one can see the card through the lid, sort a like a mini-shadowbox. Who better than a company named "Artbox" to produce these lovely little boxes that really are works of "art"!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post