Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am very happy with it. Now I have a reason to watch "The Dukes Of Hazzard" Big Grin Roll Eyes

I'm stoked as well, as Robert Kohlbus sent me an e-mail that RA is shipping out 2 replacement packs! I am eternally grateful to the RA team!! Thank you thank you thank you!! Luv You

Reverend Jim: Whaaaaat dooooooes a yelllllloooow lllllllight meeeeeean?

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
I dug up enough cash to get that last box of LOTT TTT cards at the store... figured it was my last shot at the TTT cards for awhile:

2 Complete Base Sets
7 Foils (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9)
1 Autograph (Peter Jackson)

Pretty happy with the results... Got 7 foils instead of 6 (2 in last pack), and Peter Jackson may win Best Director next year, and after that will do another tired remake of "KING KONG" Roll Eyes

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
As you read, I sent out a notice about the OL autos that were missing, Wednesday early morning... I look in my mailbox, and see the RA Logo... yippee!! Just looking at that made my morning... inside was even better!! Wink

There were 6 I wanted (Asner, Robertson, Culp, West, Shatner, Nimoy): I figured with 18 autos, I'd hopefully get 1...

I opened the package, and as soon as I pull it out, I see Ed Asner's 'graph staring at me! Big Grin Big Grin Bouncey Clap Elephant

So then I open the little team pack with the autos and a couple of promos (Irwin Allen, Xena, Enterprise) and the next auto was:

Adam West Dance Dance Bouncey

I am soooooo stoked! Rittenhouse made my 1 OL auto box a grrrrreat one! Thank you thank you thank you so so so much!! They didn't have to be so generous... I am eternally grateful!! Bouncey Dance Bouncey Dance

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Here are the results from my Scorpion King Box i bought from UK Paul at Milton Keynes on Friday.

From my very first pack in the box yielded the PW1 Rock Pieceworks Redemption Card Elephant Woohoo!!

so i got....

PW1 The Rock Pieceworks Redemption
A5 Bernard Hill Auto redemption card
BL1
Future King P1, P2, P9
Visions of Sorceress S5, S6

And hopefully a couple of base sets (haven't collated yet)

I think i'll keep the Rock P/works, and maybe the Bernard Hill Auto (depends if i like it when it arrives) but all the other chase cards except are up for trade.....

not a bad pull Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin Especially for the price.... Thanx Paul (i owe you a pint)

RupT

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

Please remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me, TA Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I and my daughter,Julie, have just cracked open our 1st (and probably only) Disney Treasues box that I picked up in MK on Friday from UKPaul's stall.

I is very nice looking set, Bit surprised that Dinosaur was card#1
Here's what we found in the box

I almost complete base set (just missing #20, 45, 61, 65 & WD1).

Only one duplicate card #47. Anyone need this card?

we got 22 of the 45 Micky Mouse cards

3 Snow White cards (odds are 1:10)

1 Film Reel card PH2 Fantasia,

sadly no sketch cards

and 1 card that was scribbled on by a Walt somebody but as it was damaged i trashed it....

Just Kidding folks, No such luck in the Buckton Household.

Reportsd on the B5 & bond boxes coming shortly.

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I got a few boxes at the Philly show.

Alias:
BL-2 Quentin Tarantino
D4, D5
SL7, SL8
And that's it! Mad No autos or pieceworks! Oh well, bad box!

Witchblade:
BT-1
Box Loader 2 of 4
L4
Q1, Q9
Will Yun Lee (Danny Woo) auto redemption

Tomb Raider COL: (Which I won in the Card Talk Meeting Bouncey)
BL1
SO4, SO5
COL5, COL6, COL7
Wetsuit Pieceworks Redemption
A5 Simon Yam auto (English Variation)
PW1 redemption for embroidery (Just kidding! I don't have THAT kind of luck!)
Thanks for the great box Batman!! (He donated it)

Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Ok, I did this one in a separate post because it is just so awesome!!

So, at the Philly show I hooked up with Minime and asked him to use his 'powers' to pick me a box of Xena Beauty and Brawn. He picked the box and even picked the packs that the inserts came in! He is quite amazing! I plan to have him pick my boxes from now on because I have no luck with boxes.

So here's the breakdown:
BB2 #151 of 999 (the xena side) - first pack he told me to open!
AC1 Claire Stansfield auto'd costume card!!
DC1 Autolycus double costume
A24 Melosa autograph
XS4
KS2, KS4
AW4, AW5, AW7, AW9
& a full set of Footsteps w/ some left over.

A totally awesome box!! It was really cool that he picked almost all of the packs that the inserts came in! Very Cool!

Bouncey Bouncey Elephant Elephant

Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
So, at the Philly show I hooked up with Minime and asked him to use his 'powers' to pick me a box of Xena Beauty and Brawn. He picked the box and even picked the packs that the inserts came in!

Congratulations on such a good box!

It's a real shame that MiniMe doesn't post any more... Frown

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a real shame that MiniMe doesn't post any more... Frown

Is there a particular reason for this?
I don't get a chance to read the board as regularly as I would like but even I've noticed MiniMe's absence... Confused
Have I missed some great debate?

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a real shame that MiniMe doesn't post any more...

I don't know why he doesn't post anymore, but he seemed really busy. I did bug him about coming back though Big Grin

I do miss his wealth of knowledge here on the boards.

Jessica

Picture of shannon carman
posted Hide Post
Ok, so it's years old. But I just bought a box for a good price and decided to open it. I Got A nice box, 24 really nice wrappers, and I was 13 cards short of a set. I was able to trade some cards and wound up being 3 cards short. My box seemed to have a a bigger ratio of higher numbers. I am wondering if interest in the old set will pick up with the release of the new cards.

Posts: 142 | Location: columbus, in usa | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I finally got a box at a decent price while at the Philly show and here's what I got:

1 base set
37 of 72 for a second set
7 triples
3 rare cards - R4, R5, R6
1 ultra-rare card - UR2

I'm happy with the collation, but this set has some BIG problems. Most if not all of the cards in my box had scratches and quite a few are off center. Mad Also, a lot of the images are rather fuzzy. Maybe they look better with the viewer, but without one many look out of focus. Overall, I was disappointed. Shake Head

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Been wanting one of these for a long time. Finally took the plunge.

Here's how she broke:

Base sets: 15+ (stopped counting)
Box Loaders: BL1(3), BL2(3), BL3(6) = three sets with a boatload of extra BL3's Frown
Case Loader: 1 (very nice case loader)
CIA 47: 3 Big Grin
Secret Lives Puzzle: SL1(3), SL2(3), SL3(3), SL4(3), SL5(3), SL6(1), SL7(2), SL8(3), SL9(3) = 1 set, 1 card shy of 2 sets, 3 cards shy of 3 sets.
Double Agent: D1(3), D2(3), D3(2), D4(2), D5(3), D6(3) = 2 cards shy of 3 sets (I already have those 2 cards!)
Autographs:
A1: 1 Dance Dance
A2: 2
A5: 2
A6: 2
A7: 1
Pieceworks:
PW1: 2
PW2: 1
PW3: 1 Elephant Elephant

I am totally, utterly, completely stoked! Just like I dreamed it. It's been a tough month. This is an excellent thing. Yea for me. Smile

OK, I'll stop now.

No I won't, but I'll do my celebrating off the board so as not to annoy.

Cheers all. Smokin'

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Not sure I can follow a case pull with both an A1 and PW3 Drool, but I'll try...

Broke down and opened a couple more boxes of Smallville Season 1

Box 1
2 base sets
Box Loader BL3
Spring Formal SF5, SF6
Smallville High SH5, SH6, SH7
A5 Hiro Kanagawa as Principal H. Kwan

Box 2
2 base sets
Box Loader BL3 Roll Eyes
Spring Formal SF5, SF6 Mad
Smallville High SH6, SH7, SH8 Roll Eyes
Pieceworks PW1 Tom Welling as Clark Kent (t-shirt) Big Grin

Overall, the similar chase cards is annoying but not all bad boxes...

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Also broke down a box of Terminator 3 tonight...

2 Base Sets
3 Chrome cards (of varying quality on the edges) C3, C4, C5, C6

and...

A2 Kristanna Loken as T-X Dance

This box must have been destined for someone else, I just knew I'd be getting another hearse material card.

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
No I won't, but I'll do my celebrating off the board so as not to annoy.

Actually, I think you're allowed to celebrate. You got one Master Set, and one of the toughest to complete in recent years Yay you! Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Oh my lord - what an awesome case!

Garner auto AND an PW3!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your super finds. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I finally had the time to crack open the box of Babylon 5 Profiles cards I picked up in MK.
Here's the breakdown

I found 9 Prop cards cards #PC4,7,8,9,12.13.14.15.& PC17

3 Optic Nerve cards
#ON1, ON3 & ON7

3 Directors Chair cards
#DC1, DC2 & DC3

2 Writer's Desk cards
#WD2 & WD3

and finally 1 Auto card
#A2 MARTIN SHEEN. I noticed along with the sig that Mr Sheen added the date (8/29/99). Did he do this with all his cards?

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
DCJ, congrats on the Alias pulls!!! Thumb Up

RupT

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

Please remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me, TA Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Report This Post