Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted
I notice others posting breakdowns for products whose release dates were months or even years ago so maybe a thread to put all such breadowns might be a good idea. I'll start with the boxes of Buffy Reflections and Buffy Connections I just opened.

Reflections:

Portrait of a slayer cards- S3 and S6
Slayer's Journal- J3 and J4
Autograph card- A3 Armin Shimerman (Principal Snyder)

Connections:

Slayer's Circle- SC8 and SC9
Heartbreaks- HB4 and HB5
Pieceworks- PWC-3 (Willow's Top/Tara's Skirt)
Parallel cards- 24

Very happy with reflections, getting any auto from that is a big deal Smile
Not so happy with Connections. The breakdown was fine, I got what I expected but virtually every single card in the box has a dinged corner, varying from small to extrememely mushed. Luckily the pieceworks card was one of the very few to be undamaged. Normally damaged cards don't bother me much since I just send them back and Inkworks quickly sends the replacements but the cost of sending a whole box worth of cards isn't cheap so I might just send in the damaged inserts and whatever singles which would make up a set with my existing spares. Frown

I should be adding a season 4 box breakdown any day and hopefully a season5 box in the near future. Smile

Willow : "A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle too."

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 12, 2003 at 02:35 PM.]

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
I'll chime in with Angel Seasons One, Two, and Three since I've been cracking boxes like a madman lately. Here's the latest from each series...

Angel Season One:

Dark Avenger - DA5 and DA6
I Love LA - LA5

Angel Season Two:

Box Loader - A2L-1
City of Angels - CA4
Angel Heart - AH1
Autograph - A7 (Charisma Carpenter)

Angel Season Three:

Box Loader - A3BL-1
Prophesies Unfold - PR1, PR2, and PR3
Triangulations - TR2 and TR3
Pieceworks - PW1
Autograph - A22 (Laurel Holloman)

I'm thrilled with the pulls from Season Two and Season Three. Particularly Season Two -- a Cordelia auto and an Angel Heart card in the same box (jump for joy). Season One has been disappointing, but not in an unexpected way. It's amazing to see how much Inkworks evolved their ratios in the span of a year!

I'm expecting a case of Season One so hopefully I can add a better box breakdown soon.

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
A case? Sweet. I bought a box not long ago from a dealer who had quite a few listed at $39.99 BIN (I think I saw him list a bunch more not long ago but he raised them to $44.99. I was quite happy to pull a Denisof auto but I'm still pecking away at those pesky inserts (unlike buffy I usually only get 2 boxes of Angel a year).

As for ratios I know I'm in the minority but I liked when autos were tougher to get. That Shimerman auto I pulled isn't a big one like, say, a Dushku or ASH would have been buth there was a definite thrill when I pulled it because I knew most boxes don't have an auto.

EDIT: Heh, just noticed your signature. Another fan of the movie? Big Grin

Ash: Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. (Army of Darkness)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I just cracked a box of Fleer/Skybos Star Trek TOS Season One cards, but didn't write down what I got...

Anthony Call auto, though. Only 1 base set.

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmm

When I broke a box of Angel Season 1 I got:
DA 7 & 8
LA 1
Elizabeth Rohm Auto
Warrior's Destiny

If I'd realized how hard it was to pull an auto I would have kept & traded that one Smile

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Incarnadine - yeah, I got the case for a great deal so I couldn't turn it down. Now the boxes are going for at least $45 on ebay and up to some ungodly amounts. Out of the case, I hope to pull at least 3 autos (I think 3 or 4 was the case average back then?). I've already got most of them anyway... No doubt I'll have extra inserts - I'll keep you in mind for trading Smile

If the autos are based on 1 per 3 boxes that's fine, so long as there aren't a ton in the series. I couldn't imagine anything worse than a series with 13 autograph cards at those ratios. If there are only 4 or 5 in the whole series, I would agree.

And yeah, I'm a big fan of the Evil Dead trilogy Big Grin

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes of 2001 Fleer WWF WrestleMania last week and pulled a Signature Moves autograph card of Kurt Angle. This was #'d out of 500.

Mike
http://hometown.aol.com/venom5ltr/cards/

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Report This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:
Incarnadine - yeah, I got the case for a great deal so I couldn't turn it down. Now the boxes are going for at least $45 on ebay and up to some ungodly amounts.

Actually, I've also noticed a bit of a price jump with the early Angel stuff, including the base sets...

--
xSaBx
Trading Cards a Go-go!
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst'
from my e-mail address to send me mail...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
When posting box breakdowns, you might like to also email a copy to Jon@webjon - he is building up a database of box breakdowns on his website!
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
Actually, I've also noticed a bit of a price jump with the early Angel stuff, including the base sets...

Just a guess, but could that have something to do with the fact Buffy is over? Perhaps more fans of BTVS are looking towards Angel now...

Regards,

Paul Russell

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
I've never seen an ep. of Angel. Sadly, I didn't watch a full ep of Buffy 'til 2001, and didn't really get into it until April. Now I've seen 4 WHOLE episodes of Buffy! Whoooo Roll Eyes I've seen 2 Season 2, and 2 Season 6. Never seen Angel or Faith...

I'll get around to getting all the box sets...

"Tro-jan con-doms... Boy, I'd like to live in one of 'em!"- Abe Simpson
http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Mail seems to be running slow here lately but I finally got and cracked my Buffy season 4 box.

New Beginnings- NB6, NB7, NB8
Ritual of Enjoining- R5 and R6
Autograph- Danny Strong A19 (Jonathan)

Pretty good overall but I didn't get any of the cards I'm still missing. Oh well, always fun to crack packs. Smile

Willow to Buffy:

I think you're ready now, or at least in the state of pre-readiness to make conversation, or-or to do that thing with your mouth that boys like.

Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Just got my Angel Season 2 box today... Here's the breakdown:

* Box loader: L4
* City of Angel: CA5 and CA6
* L.A. Women: LA2, LA3
* Auto: A7 (Charisma Carpenter) Clap

I'm so happy about the auto, especially since I had been extremely disappointed with Season 1 before (out of - let's not even mention how many - boxes, not a single auto Frown

All together, I think it was a *very* good box.

Martine Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Report This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Nice Pull Martine!!! Got my Complete Voyager box today myself Great box!
Had a nice John Savage auto, also PA2 Rayner, Janeway GAllery card and a Seska SKetchafex!! By Schafer! LUV IT!!! The only draw back was the foees cards I got in this box are the same ones I got in my other box!
Dance

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
That's definately a great box Martine! I pulled almost the same thing a few weeks back. Gota love getting CC's autograph Big Grin

Regards,

Paul Russell

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Sweet pull. Smile Nice to find an Angel season 2 box too, they are definitely more scarce than season 1's which are plentiful for some reason.

Willow to Buffy:

I think you're ready now, or at least in the state of pre-readiness to make conversation, or-or to do that thing with your mouth that boys like.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
I just finished opening 6 boxes of Angel Season 3. Here's how they broke down:

Box 02715

Box Topper: A3BL-1
Triangulations: TR2, TR3
Prophesies Unfold: PR1, PR2, PR3
Pieceworks: PW2 Big Grin
Autograph: A16 Keith Szarabajk

Box 02791

Box Topper: A3BL-3
Triangulations: None Frown
Prophesies Unfold: PR4, PR5, PR6, PR7
Pieceworks: PW1
Autograph: A23 John Rubinstein

Box 02795

Box Topper: A3BL-2
Triangulations: TR3, TR4
Prophesies Unfold: PR4, PR5, PR6, PR7
Pieceworks: None (although interestingly, there was one pack with no blank)
Autograph: A18 Jack Conley

Box 02716

Box Topper: A3BL-3
Triangulations: TR1, TR6
Prophesies Unfold: PR7, PR8, PR9
Pieceworks: PW2 Big Grin Big Grin
Autograph: A17 Daniel Dae Kim

Box 02793

Box Topper: A3BL-1
Triangulations: TR4, TR5
Prophesies Unfold: PR4, PR5
Pieceworks: PW2 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Autograph: A16 Keith Szarabajk Frown

Box 02714

Box Topper: A3BL-2
Triangulations: TR4, TR5
Prophesies Unfold: PR4, PR5, PR6
Pieceworks: None
Autograph: A15 Amy Acker Thumb Up

All in all, I averaged better than the odds and am totally thrilled about the 3 Cordelia Pieceworks cards and the Acker auto!!! What a great way to spend the afternoon Clap

Hopefully my case of Angel S1 will arrive tomorrow.

Regards,

Paul Russell

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Geez Paul, that's incredible! I only got PW1s out of what I opened.

Congratulations!

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
Geez Paul, that's incredible! I only got PW1s out of what I opened.

Congratulations!

Thanks Lessa! I was pleased as punch. One of the PW2's could be considered a mild variant because there's a pull in the fabric (like it got snagged on something -- t'is very cool). And now I have both PW1 variants (fabric pattern going vertically and horizontally). There may be others, but I haven't heard of them yet.

I also correlated the base sets and got a grand total of 14 from all 6 boxes.

Regards,

Paul Russell

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think if we are going to post break downs we should title each beginning thread with the set title and only report the box busting done in that set. A new set gets a new title thread. That way it doesnt go all over the place. I wonder if we could make this a special section on the NSU card talk??

mykdude does not, in any manner, make any representations as to whether this post will attain any future value.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Report This Post