Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:
I just received the 10 boxes of Angel Season 1 that I've been waiting on for some weeks. So far, I've opened 2 and it's safe to say the force is not with me:

I sympathise, I never got an auto card in any of the Angel Season 1 boxes I bought.

Better luck with the Angel Season 2 - 2 boxes and 2 autos.

I'm not sure what the ratio for autos to boxes for Angel Season 1 is, but I've read that Angel Season 2 is 8 out of the 10 boxes in a case and of course Season 3 was every box.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
if memory serves me in an unopened case of Angel 1 you would get approx three autos. With Season 2 it was approx seven autos per case which was excellent.

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by red99:
if memory serves me in an unopened case of Angel 1 you would get approx three autos. With Season 2 it was approx seven autos per case which was excellent.

Those numbers sound about right to me...

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Before you ask someone to save the world, you'd better make sure they like it the way it is." -- Xander Cage, xXx

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well I strolled into a sportcard shop I've never been in before to take a quick look and as expected there was just sportscards, yu-gi-oh, pokemon and magic cards EXCEPT for one dust coated box of Angel season 1 almost hidden behind some old baseball that hadn't moved. It had the astonishing price of just $39.99 (and that's Canadian $ Cool) so I broke down and bought it. (after taxes it was $44.79).

Breakdown:

I love LA- LA5
Dark Avenger- DA2, DA3
Autograph- A2 Alexis Denisof

I'm very happy even though I already had all the inserts and the Denisof is the only season 1 auto I already have. So nothing I needed from the box but still a good deal. Big Grin

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.
W. C. Fields

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Just got a box of Hercules for a reasonable price from Ebay--got 5 autos from the box, 3 I already had, but got Kevin Smith and Gina Torres, both of which I needed! Plus, the elusive Xena box insert that I needed, so a cool purchase! Drool

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congrats!

Is it normal to get five auto's per box or was that like a really lucky pull?

Kendra to Buffy: "I call it Mr. Pointy." Twak

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Wow! Congrats!

Is it normal to get five auto's per box or was that like a really lucky pull?

The complete Hercules set had 3 autos per box, so that's a really awesome box!

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
S2,S3
BL3
P6,P7 Frown already got both)
A15 Emanuelle Vaugier
PW1 Frown traded for this last week - oh well)

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
Box 1

CC2,CC5,CC9
LC3,LC5
AUTO redemption Casper Van Dien Big Grin

Box 2

CC3,CC4,CC9
LC2,LC5
T1 parchment

Box 3

CC3,CC6,CC7
LC1,LC6
AUTO redemption Casper Van Dien Smile

Spare chase are on my list.
If the other Casper auto is the same as the one recieved then that will go on there too.

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
The only reason you got six autos Batman because of my good luck that was present. I once received six autos out of a Rittenhouse Outer Limits box, so you just never know.

"Rise up once more, my Dark Avenger!
Rise up, my unholy Horseman!
Come forth again through the Tree of the Dead..."

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
3 complete sets
14 extra commons
Box Loader: 1
Sketch: Matt Busch of 790
Autographs: 6,7,7,11 ( Frown have all but 1 already)
Chrome: C1, C2, C3, C5, C6 ( Big Grin 1 short for a complete set! Only supposed to be 3 in a box)

No costume card.

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Report This Post

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
MY box of Lexx arrived this morning from CArds Inc and I ust thought I'd share the chase card details - the sets I'll be sorting out later (Jon, I'll send you a full box breakdown later if you like!)
4 of the Rainbow foil cards (only supposed to be 3 per box)
1 Sketch card (Matt Busch (462/500)
5 artist autograph cards - A1 (which I already had from the packs I bought on Saturday) - 695/1000, A6 - 1011/2000, A7 - 325/2000, A10 - 768/1000, A11 - 749/1000
So, overall, rather good! No cast autograph, but I did get 1 extra of the artist cards and 1 extra foil! Not bad for £20!
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
In my box of Lexx, I got
5 rainbow chrome cards - C2-C6
4 auto cards - A6 (Matt Busch), A7 (Gordon Purcell), A8 (Tom Grindberg) and A11 (Jeff Pittarelli).
1 sketch card - Kai by Matt Busch (346/500)

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Cards Inc are still doing the Lexx special offer? I saw it in last week's newsletter and then promptly forgot to order a box.

Although not boxes, I bought 2 packs of Angel 4 today and pulled an A32 Adrienne Wilkinson (Flapper) auto (no Faith, though Frown) For reference anyone buying from FP on New Oxford Street, do not buy from the back left box as it now has no auto in it Smile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

[This message was edited by BCW on September 11, 2003 at 05:28 PM.]

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of LOTT TTT today... the card store still has some boxes at a great price IMO...

Not too big on LOTT obviously, but the signers are great, and if I didn't get someone I wanted, It'd be good trade bait...

I wanted:
1) (tie) Liv Tyler
1) (tie) Elijah Wood
3) Orlando Bloom
4) Sean Astin
5) Christopher Lee
6) Peter Jackson
Rest) Trade Bait

I got:
3 Complete Base
Foils 1-5, 10
Autograph: Sean Astin

So I'm pretty stoked... First LOTT premium card (auto/costume) I have... Charstar'll be happy for me! Wink

I shalt pity thy fool...

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prezkot:
I picked up a box of LOTT TTT today... the card store still has some boxes at a great price IMO...

Anything under $80 is a decent price for a LOTR:TTT hobby box... Haven't looked for them recently, but I imagine they're in the $100 range on ebay.

Lessa

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Got it for $75... but also sold him a card I didn't need, so minus that, around $45...

I shalt pity thy fool...

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Busted open a box of XFiles 4/5 & one of Angel Season 2...

XF 4/5
partial base #1 (missing 5 cards)
partial base #2 (missing 30 cards)
P1
P3
B6
XBL-1

Overall - not too happy, but not THAT disappointed considering Inkworks will send me the 5 missing cards from the partial base #1

Angel 2
A2L-1
LA 1 6 Frown already have both of them - needed the 4 others
CA 1 2 9
Angel Heart Big Grin

Several of these will end up on my trade list...

Lessa

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Found a box of TR2 for a good price, so I thought I'd take a stab at the Jolie auto:

COL 4, 5, 6
ORB 1, 2
Auto: Jan De Bont A6
PW: Tiger Jacket Light Tan

Overall not bad... no Jolie, but wasn't expecting one Wink

I shalt pity thy fool...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
As my local comic/card dealer had run out of Angel 4 Frown the only boxes worth looking at were 2 boxes of Angel 1.
so here's the breakdown

Box 1
DA1,8,9
LA3,4
W1 warriors destiny

Box 2
DA4,9
LA2
A4 Elizabeth Rohm Elephant
and in the last pack - David Boreanaz auto redemption Dance

All the extra chase cards are now on my list

Kevin