Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
LOVE cheap packs Big Grin

Congrats on the pulls!

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Picture of The_Collector
posted Hide Post
Well my store got some cheap boxes of the X2 movie cards and i bought a whole 6 boxes.

I got
Senator Kelly Auto x2
Iceman Auto x2
Jubilee Auto
Shadowcat Auto
Cyclops Auto Thumb Up
Pyro Auto
Storm Costume card x2 Clap
Lady Deathstrike costume card

I think i did ok, the boxes were only £10 each and i work at the place so i got a discount so in total i got all that for £45.

Although i had already bought some before and had an Iceman already so that means ive got 3 Iceman autos, the only thing im slightly miffed about is that i didnt get a wolverine costume card it was the only one i really wanted Roll Eyes

Posts: 28 | Location: UK | Registered: July 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great pulls!

Psssssttttttttt an Ashmore/Iceman auto is on my want list, but you didn't have an email in your profile for me to ask about it...

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I opened an AWESOME box today - VERY happy considering this got me an auto on my want list Smile

2 full base sets
A2L-2 (Cordy)
LA4 & 5 Smile
CA 5 6 7 & 8 Big Grin
A8/Gunn Bouncey

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Out of 1 box:

1 base set and 3 cards short of a second
BL1
C1,C6,C8 and C9
D5 and D6
No autos or pieceworks Frown

Wish I had better luck........

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of....inevitability."

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
My two boxes of Buffy Connections arrived today:

Box 1:

Heartbreaks 3
Slayer's Circle 7 / 8
PWC-2 (Anya's Top / Xander's Trousers)
Boxloader 1

Box 2:

Heartbreaks 2 / 3
Slayer's Circle 1 / 2 / 3
PWC-2 (Anya's Skirt / Xander's Trousers)
Boxloader 2

I was hoping for a Buffy / Spike pieceworks, but still very happy with the results Smile
I still have three boxes of Angel Season 1, two boxes of Tombraider and 1 box of Alias Season 1 on the way......can't wait !

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a case of William Shatner's Tek World and I guess I'm done. On the second box I pulled the William Shatner Autograph. This Case was a Clearance Dumped Product on Ebay. I picked them up just because I didn't have any and I like anything Shatner. Wow these were seeded at 1 in every 1,728 packs! Oh baby oh baby! I got a thrill if nobody else did. Just wanted to share. Bouncey Clap Razz

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
An actual autograph card, not a redemption?

MAJOR cool! Congrats!

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Yeppers it was an actual autograph.... Yippeee.
Calm down Tom Twak get a grip.....

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Two boxes of Tomb Raider (1st movie) came in today:

Box 1:

Boxloader 1
Quest 5 / 6
Puzzle 7 / 8 / 9
No pieceworks or autographs

Box 2:

Boxloader 1
Quest 1
Puzzle 1 / 2 / 9
No pieceworks or autographs

Not one of my best days..... Frown

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
maybe I'm wrong, but could this of been the retail version (anyone else: do they sell them in the US too?)? If so, there are no autographs or pieceworks to be found unlike hobby.

Also, if anyone else knows, how often does Inkworks do "retail" boxes? TR1 is the only one I know of...

Sorry Buffynut!! Shake Head

If A Million Monkeys Pounded Away On A Million Typewriters For A Million Years, Would Shakespeare's Work Be Reproduced?

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Inkworks did retail versions of both the original Tomb Raider and for Men In Black II.

The boxes for Tomb Raider don't have a mention of autos and pieceworks on the front, which is the first indication that you have a retail box. Look carefully, and if the deal sounds too good to be true... It probably is.

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Is our hobby headed the same way as "Sports Cards"? Seems so similar. Retail Boxes, Hobby Boxes that are almost the same except you get **** in the Retail Boxes most of the time. I hate to see our Hobby Headed the same way but how many things look so similar with things like Hobby and Retail Boxes. Bull@*#% it's a way to make money that's all. Put the Retail boxes out there for people to think they might get something. Then sell the high priced "Hobby" Boxes to dealers and Collectors at mucho pesos. I used to love collecting "Sports" Cards(sorry-puke-spit-barf) and now we're seeing the Non Sport Hobby headed down the same road. Over priced cards, dumping of cards, Hobby/Retail Boxes, Card Companies doing anything to grab whatever money they can from Collectors.I've seen many postings of late talking about how the Card Companies are only into marketing and not really into the Collector> Holy Heck without the Collectors and Dealers those same Companies would be out of business. When are they going to realize WE keep them employed. Instead of Flipping Cards they'll be flipping burgers at Mickey Ds. Like Sports Cards we see a glut of new issues by the Companies. We see it's all about marketing and putting things out so fast we as collectors can't keep up with them. Shoot I'm spending about 7-8k a month and I can't keep up with it. I called one of the Major Card Companies to talk about large purchases and they acted like I was bothering them and they didn't have time to talk with me. I ended up telling them off and saying I wouldn't carry any of their product. I guess since this is Card Talk I can't say the name(Upper Deck) can I? I guess I just love Non Sports Cards but to me recently we've seen many things that are the same as the demize of the Sports Card Hobby.
Sorry Everyone but I'm getting pee-owed...
TWS TwakUD Thanks for listening and I'm sorry I went off. Frown I know lots of this is fragmented but it would take so much to write what I'm thinking right now! Mad

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
I just picked up a case of William Shatner's Tek World and I guess I'm done. On the second box I pulled the William Shatner Autograph. This Case was a Clearance Dumped Product on Ebay. I picked them up just because I didn't have any and I like anything Shatner. Wow these were seeded at 1 in every 1,728 packs! Oh baby oh baby! I got a thrill if nobody else did. Just wanted to share. Bouncey Clap Razz

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Great pull Tom. I've gone through 6 boxes of Tek World trying to get that auto. I happy for you, No really I am, I'm not Bitter... I'M NOT, I'm Happy, Really........ Smile see!

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Boldy.....I'm going to be putting it up to trade...I didn't figure I'd get one when I bought the case. I only opened up three boxes and stopped. I'm trying not to open up the other boxes but it's tough not to. I just keep hearing "Pssssssssst Tom, Open Me, Open Me" Eek

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I'm sending an e-mail

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Too bad I didn't know that there were retail boxes as well as hobby boxes of Tomb Raider Mad, but from now on, I will be sure to double check that I have the HOBBY version...... Wink

Can anyone tell me if there were also retail boxes of Angel Season 1 (I have three on the way..... and would not really like another surprise like this, thanks)

Thanks everyone for your input on this subject.

Buffynut

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Angel S1 had only one version to my knowledge. If I'm wrong, someone better speak up Smile

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Bought a box of Witchblade season 1 and got:

Box Loader #3 of 4
Box Loader BT-1 (promoting Dynamic Forces' set)
Legacy of the Witchblade L5
Quest for Justice Q4 and Q5
Autograph redemption AR-1 Eric Etebari as Ian Nottingham

Satisfied with the box, but I obviously wanted the Yancy Butler auto Roll Eyes I'm happy to get an auto at all, though -- I have terrible luck normally with non-guaranteed boxes.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buffynut:
Can anyone tell me if there were also retail boxes of Angel Season 1 (I have three on the way..... and would not really like another surprise like this, thanks)

There were NOT retail boxes for Angel Season 1.

However, these were during the time that Inkworks did not try to randomize the boxes in the cases, so I'm told it was fairly easy to know which boxes in a case had autos and which did not. Not to mention the autos were only about 3 or 4 per case, if I recall.

Hopefully, you get a couple of good boxes. Be sure to let us know how you did!

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post