Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Previous Box Breakdowns (Various)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Yet another Buffy Reflections box arrived today. Pretty run of the mill breakdown:

Slayer's Journal- J6
Portrait of a Slayer- S4, S5
Autograph cards - none

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I was too tired to post these last night but I stopped the store in a local mall and they finally had some new stuff in (new for them, but much of it was not exactly recent for us). I couldn't resist a box of Charmed but I also got packs of Buffy 7, Outer Limits, Disney Treasures and justice league.

Disney Treasures (3 packs)- 1 Reel Piece of History PH3

Buffy 7 (last 6 packs in the box)- Slayers Legacy SL-5, Final Battle Parallel fBP-7, Autograph A52 (Camden Toy/Turok-Han)

Justice League (3 packs)- FF2 0f 18, FF8 of 18, AW1

Outer Limits (10 packs)- M3, M7, M9, Autograph A17 (Alex Diakun), Costume Card CC10 (Laura Harris)

Charmed Box-

Box Loader BL-3
Spellbinders- S-1, S-6
Power of 3 Puzzle- P1, P2
Pieceworks- PW-3 (Silver with stitch holes)
Autographs- A8 ROSE MCGOWAN Luv You AND A10 Robert Englund Smile

An exceptional box of Charmed and boy was I overdue after the bad luck on charmed autos. Before this box I had the fortune of getting a Rose but apart from that I'd pulled 3 Costas Mandylor, 2 Louis Mandylor, 2 Melinda Clarke and 1 Dan Gauthier. Even the inserts were good to me as 3 of the 4 were on my needs list to wrap up some insert sets. All in all a good day. Big Grin

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Which mall is that? I get to wander downtown once or twice a month and I would like to check it out. Is it Golden Age Collectibles? There are fewer card shops out in the Fraser Valley and they are sports/CCG shops.

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I visit Golden Age every so often but they haven't had much non-sport lately. The shop I went to is Collector's Den at the Metrotown Mall, just below the Silvercity theatre. I actually just got back from there again today but all I bought was 3 more packs from that Outer limits box, an A3 Margot Kidder auto and an A8 Robert Picardo auto happened to be in those packs. Big Grin
It appears the force is with me this week.

Homer Simpson:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
Incarnadine, Congratulations on your FORCE!! Thumb Up

I've been to Collector's Den a few times. You sure have "Good Luck" there! Keep it up!

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Report This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
So, I'm on holiday and went for a mooch around the local shoppe... picked up a couple of packets of Metal Gear Solid (which were stuck to a shelf!) and a couple of other odds and ends... and then I discovered a box of Xena: Beauty and Brawn. I was compelled to buy, it's really strange, the box just had 'Buy Me!!!" all over it...

So I did.

Until the last three packets I thought my 'feeling' had been wrong, but buoyed by The Scorpion King luck I shouldn't have worried: breakdown was as follows:

Footsteps of a Warrior: 1 full set plus FW8
Amazon Warriors: AW3, AW6, AW9
Kevin Smith Tribute: KS5, KS6
Xena Scrolls: XS6
Costume Cards: DC6 & C8 (both from the last 3 packs)
Auto Cards: (Yes, you know what's coming, don't you...) A28 and, in the third to last pack... DA1! Elephant Elephant Elephant

Because the base set is *so* pretty I was really okay with just the one low auto, I didn't even realise I'd get two costumes... but to get *that* auto is just brilliant, and has made my day.

So, I hope you'll excuse the shameless congratulations... Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!!!!!!! B&B was supposed to only be one auto per box - you got TWO and one of them the DA1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, ye Mistress!! Thumb Up

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Way to go Dance

It seems eversince Collectormania in MK. Everyone of us who met there has had great luck!

Must have been my T-shirt! Wink

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Hi everybody, I have never posted on a forum before, but after reading the various threads here, I decided to join. I collect mostly Buffy, Angel, Charmed and Alias and live in The Netherlands.

As far as box breakdowns, I never really kept track but will from now on. I did pull an Alyssa Milano autograph from Charmed P3, which was amazing considering I bought only one box ! Cool

And once I bought five packs of Angel Season 1 and pulled the Warrior's Destiny Card (the odds are 1:108 packs I found out later). Razz

I have three boxes of Angel Season 1, two boxes of Buffy Connections and Tombraider (1st movie) on the way, so I will post the breakdowns for these as soon as I get them.

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Welcome Buffynut! Congrats on your Milano pull! If I remember right those were about 1 per case...

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post

Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lessa !

My friend (who also collects trading cards) says that I have freak-luck when it comes to pulling rare cards. I also pulled the Ozzy Osbourne auto, which I hear is pretty rare as well and the Boromir auto from LOTRTTU, having bought two boxes of each. She really got mad when I bought four packs of Buffy Season 4 and pulled the Jonathan autograph... Razz

I just hope my luck holds with the other boxes that I have ordered (and especially with Alias Season 2).

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everybody,

I'm buffy nut's friend....what she did not tell about the angel pull she did was that I bought almost every pack in the box and did not even get 1 base set complete (just missing 1 card) Frown and she just bought the 5 packs and WHAMMMM she gets all the good cards.. Twak..it happens every time....It's now so bad that when I buy a box I go over to her house hoping that her luck will rub off on me (ofcourse it never does).
however this does not take away my enthousiasm for the whole card collecting thing and I keep hoping for a special card (or just getting my angel set complete would be nice.
I also pre-orderd a crow legacy box and please pray for me that I will find some real special cards in there.....anyway this was me tellng my side of the story. Wink
byebye Wave

Posts: 11 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nicky white toes.

What a great name. You could be a friend of Sitting Bull with a name like that.

Welcome to card talk, hope you have a nice time here. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Welcome BuffyNut and Nicky White Toes! Hope you enjoy our crazy little quack society!

Now where the *beep* is my *beep* Angel 4 box?? Big Grin

If A Million Monkeys Pounded Away On A Million Typewriters For A Million Years, Would Shakespeare's Work Be Reproduced?

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, thanks for the warm welcome!!

It looks like some of buffynit's luck is rubbing of on me anyway!!
Just for the fun of it I bought 2 packs of angel today and guess what?!?!?......I found the one card I was missing to complete my set.....so now after way to long I finaly have my set completed!!! I am sooooooo happy!!!!!!

well I know it's not much seeing there are peolpe here that buy whole cases and have mastersets and all but hey.....I don't have that kind of money so I have to make do with what I can get....and in this case..again..I am SOOOOOOOOO happy!!!

Posts: 11 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Nicky,

Congrats on completing that set! And Welcome to Card Talk! Wave

Collecting is about what makes you happy, and it does seem this makes you happy so you must be doing something right. Thumb Up

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think she,s happy. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Congrats on comlpeting that set there are lots of us who get cases,boxes &/OR just a pack here and there!
The biggest thing is if you collect them you belong!

Welcome to Card talk! Smile

It's time for some fun ! Welcome to a new season of TV, Movie & More!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Not quite boxes but my comic shop was clearing out some old card packs for 20p each today and I nabbed the Star Wars Evolution (about 10 packs), Star Trek 35th Anniversay (about 10 packs) and Farscape season 2 (about 20 packs)

Got 2 Star Trek autos A22 (Laurel Goodwin as Yoeman Colt in 'The Cage') and A13 (Michael Pataki as Korax in 'The Trouble With Tribbles'). There were 2 Morfex and 2 Best Of Bones cards as well.

3 Quotables, 4 Behide the Scenes and 3 Aliens cards in Farscape.

In Star Wars Evolution but I got 2 level A and 1 level B Evolution cards.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Report This Post