Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Seven Revelations (SketchLords 2011)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seven Revelations (SketchLords 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
Opened 10 of my 20 packs today:

Sketches
Jennifer Mercer, Ryan Orosco, Ryan Kinnaird, Jennifer Mercer
Jack Redd, Axebone, Anthony Tan x2
Nar redemption x2

Paul Ballard Printed Hand-Finished cards

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not heard of this set or manufacturer before.Those sketches are top of the line Thumb Up .Wish I had known about this,would certainly have bought some Frown .

Update: Just found the set mentioned in News and Rumours but nothing new posted since last August.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Decided to open the rest of my packs. Every sketch I've pulled has been just beautiful. I'm very impressed by the effort put into these cards. Smile

Sketches
Danny Kuang, Jennifer Mercer, Tony Perna, Hanie Mohd
Tony Perna, Axebone, Scott Rorie, Soni
Scott Rorie, Ryan Orosco

Paul Ballard Printed Hand-Finished card

I still need to sort out the base & puzzle cards. Will post the results when I'm done.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
very nice sketches

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Not heard of this set or manufacturer before.Those sketches are top of the line Thumb Up .Wish I had known about this,would certainly have bought some Frown .

Update: Just found the set mentioned in News and Rumours but nothing new posted since last August.

This set isn't sold out, so packs are still available.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

This set isn't sold out, so packs are still available.

note they are $75 a pack
and the Nar sketches redemptions

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Decided to open the rest of my packs. Every sketch I've pulled has been just beautiful. I'm very impressed by the effort put into these cards. Smile

Sketches
Danny Kuang, Jennifer Mercer, Tony Perna, Hanie Mohd
Tony Perna, Axebone, Scott Rorie, Soni
Scott Rorie, Ryan Orosco

Paul Ballard Printed Hand-Finished card

I still need to sort out the base & puzzle cards. Will post the results when I'm done.

Elizabeth
are these for your PC
or we see them soon on your site Smile
- a few I am interested in

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You did very nicely from your 20 packs MissLizzy. So I thought I'd post mine here too. I only found one Nar redemption but I should be getting the sketch soonish as the card is now winging its way across the Atlantic to Pepper at SketchLords. I managed to snag an example of each of the 14 artists on the set, along with the base set, 9 card puzzle and signed 10 x 8 of one of the base cards. They are all very nice.

In no particular order these were my pulls:

Hanie Mohd, Axebone,Danny Kuang
Jack Redd,Danny Kuang,Anthony Tan
Tony Perna,Soni Alcorn-Hender,Jennifer Mercer

Ryan Orosco,Hanie Mohd,Scott Rorie
Ryan Orosco,Jennifer Mercer, Jennifer Mercer
Soni Alcorn-Hender,Ryan Kinnaird,Anthony Tan

Ballard,William Neff,Ballard

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches Thumb Up .Honestly though for that kind of money I would rather commission a sketch of something I know I would like rather than take a chance opening a pack.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice sketches Thumb Up .Honestly though for that kind of money I would rather commission a sketch of something I know I would like rather than take a chance opening a pack.
I appreciate your point of view but I have to say I really enjoyed opening these packs and I like enough of the cards that I'm actually thinking of selling some of my other collection sketches so that I can keep them or even get some more ! I bought these for the quality of the artwork rather than the subject and have not been disappointed and that's really all I wanted, so money well spent Thumb Up

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
excellant looking sketches you got there Kevin Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got my Nar sketches today, and they are fantastic Big Grin
The scans don't even do them justice they are totally Eek in person!

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
very, very nice

Picture of Nar!
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad you enjoyed our very first set MissLizzy and Kevin.
I hope we can bring more excitement without any more last minute hiccups the next go around. I'm terribly sorry for the pain we caused anyone with the redemption inserts. It was never in our plans to do it this way. The things we faced when putting this set together was beyond belief.
This will never happen again.
We have quite a story behind the creation of this company and set. *phew*

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for your support in this very special product of passion.
We'll be back again soon and when we do, we're going to make sure we do it right.

Posts: 37 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nar!:
I'm really glad you enjoyed our very first set MissLizzy and Kevin.
I hope we can bring more excitement without any more last minute hiccups the next go around. I'm terribly sorry for the pain we caused anyone with the redemption inserts. It was never in our plans to do it this way. The things we faced when putting this set together was beyond belief.
This will never happen again.
We have quite a story behind the creation of this company and set. *phew*

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for your support in this very special product of passion.
We'll be back again soon and when we do, we're going to make sure we do it right.

Wave
I never actually understood why people got so angry over the redemptions... They didn't bother me at all (especially given the circumstances surrounding why they were necessary).

Looking forward to your next release!