Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Mythology (Perna Studios)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Mythology (Perna Studios)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Surprised I am first to post on this set.

Artists are Sam Agro, Jack Redd, Tony Perna, Ingrid Hardy, Soni Alcorn-Hender, and Amber Shelton.Sadly the photos do not do them justice.

Loved the little bits of costume jewellery at the four corners of the Alcorn-Hender.The tree also shines with the gold metallic highlights and silver round the edges.

I also got a full set of the clear chase cards from the five packs numbered 431/550 to 435/550.
Very pleased with my pulls,can't wait for what Perna Studios does next.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I ordered two sets:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Nice, now I'm even more impatient for mine to arrive Smile They are all fabulous.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just the one set for me - why didn't I get more Twak - BUT LOVELY SET and a very nice sketch

[URL= ][/URL]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome sketch, Hammer! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It's even better in hand, the scan does it scant justice

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Just the one set for me - why didn't I get more Twak - BUT LOVELY SET and a very nice sketch
Considering the sketch you pulled, I wouldn't go berating yourself too much. Just out of interest, what number was your set ? I received sets 422-428.

Anyway, my seven sets finally arrived late this afternoon. Opening them revealed 8 lovely sketches. My scanner cannot pick up the glittery features on the sketches by Kat Laurange, Soni and Craig Yeung, so you'll just have to trust me when I say they add immensely to the images. From left to right:

Kat Laurange (Amaterasu Okani), Soni :!: (Theseus) , Axebone (Skadi)
Ingrid Hardy (Anubis), Craig Yeung (Sif), Nestor Celario (Hathor)
Matt Fletcher (Medusa), Keith O'Malley (Kali)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got my four sets today, just incredible!! Pulled my favorite sketch by my "Sugarbear" Kate Bradley, a hot Axebone, a great Ymir by Sam Agro,a cool Ares by Francois Chartier, and a bonus redemption card!! The Bradley alone has made my week, but all these cards are outstanding, a great job by Tony and Elaine and everyone involved! Smile Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantasic work by all concerned, and really happy to pull the following:
Cerberius - M Glebe
? - K Bradley
Cyclops - K O'Malley
Minotaur - R Cox
Horus - T Perna
Charon / ferryman - T Shay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave Taylor,

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I too ordered two "boxes"and it was my intention to save their opening for "Open the Box" day however having seeing what others were finding I succumbed and opened the two Classical Mythology "boxes". I had boxes 484/500 and 485/500.

The extras I had were a P5 promo card, two clear cards (Vishnu and Shiva), a redemption card for the promo set, the preview set and the 5 clear chase set, this numbered 16/20.

The two Art cards were as follows:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

this being Circe by Elaine Perna

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

this being Inari by Meghan Hetrick

I have however an alternative for "Open the Box" day these being 6 packs of Nevermore Alice. Hopefully I will manage to wait!

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
My 5 sets arrived today (numbers 525 to 529 if anyone is interested). Got a full set of the clear chase and these 6 sketches.

Bennett Pisek - Vili / Elaine Perna - Nuada / Mel Uran - Tengu
Soni Alcorn-Hender - Perseus / Richard Cox - Susano-o / Danielle Soloud - Bastet

The Soni has gold fleck in the belt buckle and other accessories and highlighting in Medusa's hair. Slightly pipping at the post, my favourite is probably the Susanoo (artist ?) because you can almost feel the storm. Since I have no intention of trying to put together a master with all artists, I might try and do a storm/weather god from each of the source mythologies. The Egyptians didn't really have storms though Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Received my sets today Bouncey Clap

I was really shocked at how quickly they arrived Eek I wish the post was always that quick....

Anyway, I was able to put together a full set of the clear chase which are brilliant Thumb Up

And here are the sketches.

Tim Shay - Atlas, Elaine Perna - Bastet, Huginn + Muninn - Sara Richards.

Jack Redd - Oden, Rhiannon Owens - Artemis, Nestor Celario - Raijin

My favourite would have to be 'Huginn + Muninn' not exactly sure why but my eye is really drawn to the moon in the background.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, Juelle. The artist for Odin is Jack Redd and Artemis is Rhiannon Owens.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help Graham, very much appreciated Smile

Silly photobucket has sized all the scans funny, some big some small. I made sure to resize them but still they are big... drives me crazy Twak

Anyone know what character the Celario sketch is?

This has been my first set that is sketch orientated (well, really my first sketches ever), and I'm so impressed by the quality. It's truly outstanding, and it really shows how hard the Perna's worked on it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks for the help Graham, very much appreciated Smile

Silly photobucket has sized all the scans funny, some big some small. I made sure to resize them but still they are big... drives me crazy Twak

Anyone know what character the Celario sketch is?

This has been my first set that is sketch orientated (well, really my first sketches ever), and I'm so impressed by the quality. It's truly outstanding, and it really shows how hard the Perna's worked on it.

I'm very happy that the sets are arriving and everyone likes them!! Smile

The Celario is a sketch of Raijin.

Japanese Mythology – Raijin is a god of lightning, thunder and storms in the Shinto religion and in Japanese mythology. His name is derived from the Japanese words rai (meaning ‘thunder’) and shin (‘god’). He is typically depicted as a demon beating drums to create thunder, usually with the symbol tomoe drawn on the drums. He is also known by the following names: Kaminari-sama, Raiden-sama, Narukami.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Elaine, as I had no idea at all. Love the sketch though.

And I have to say I was soooo excited to pull one of your sketches Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post

Before anyone asks, none are for sale. Sorry. I can't remember a set I was more pleased with Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graham,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Before anyone asks, none are for sale. Sorry. I can't remember a set I was more pleased with Thumb Up
That's a fantastic collection Graham. Have you worked out which body part(s)/organ(s) you are willing to part with in exchange for the Melike Acar sketch you're missing ? Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
That's a fantastic collection Graham. Have you worked out which body part(s)/organ(s) you are willing to part with in exchange for the Melike Acar sketch you're missing ? Big Grin

I've already been offered several body parts for some of the cards Big Grin I might contact Melike to see if she's got any AP's available and how many years servitude it would cost me for one Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Absolutely stunning Graham. I see you pulled the third of Soni's heroes (Perseus, Theseus, Jason). I've been really impressed with Agro's work - very clean - and that's Hades is a great example. The other two I really love are Tony Perna's Medusa and the bottom inkcut style sketch. You must have been ecstatic with that collection. Congratulations.