Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    SPACE! Premium Sketch Set (Viceroy, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPACE! Premium Sketch Set (Viceroy, 2013)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
This was my first purchase from Viceroy as I passed on their Cryptids set. While I was a tad displeased to see that the "packs" were not secured with bubble wrap or peanuts or something, it is the only nitpick that I have. I was quite pleased with the quality of the packaging as it seems to be nearly impossible to reseal which is a BIG plus. I will certainly be on board for future releases.

I am two cards short of putting together a second set of stamp cards (need 6 and 7, have spares of 8 and 9). Got the signed promo as promised as well... I know, shut up and get to the hits!!!

Buyback Mini from the 1928 Romance of the Heavens set by Wills Cigarettes

Jenn DePaola

Mark Dos Santos

Mikey Babinski

Chrissie Zullo VL

Pablo Diaz

Chris Henderson

George Vega

Catherine Miller

Laura Inglis VL

Rhiannon Owens VL

and then this little thing...

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Those are very nice cards. Sorry I missed out on this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
what was the price point? That sclup is pretty cool idea! Is it too late to get packs? I like the inserted buyback cards as well

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
what was the price point? That sclup is pretty cool idea! Is it too late to get packs? I like the inserted buyback cards as well

The price was $24.99 per pack and I think $224.99 for a case of 10.The majority of the run was pre-sold to dealers and what was left sold out in about 2 hours Frown .

I managed to fluke three packs when Solarfly's website had a glitch and offered them when in fact they had already sold out.Ryan from Viceroy was very helpful when I contacted him direct and put me on a wait list in case there were any extra packs but sadly he let me know a couple of days ago that there were not Frown .

The good news is that Space 2 is planned within a year Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

The price was $24.99 per pack and I think $224.99 for a case of 10.The majority of the run was pre-sold to dealers and what was left sold out in about 2 hours Frown .

I managed to fluke three packs when Solarfly's website had a glitch and offered them when in fact they had already sold out.Ryan from Viceroy was very helpful when I contacted him direct and put me on a wait list in case there were any extra packs but sadly he let me know a couple of days ago that there were not Frown .

The good news is that Space 2 is planned within a year Smile .

Close, just a few details were off. Smile

The pack price was $24.99, and cases of 10 packs were $219.99 with free shipping. We produced 60 cases, but only 10 of those cases went to dealers (5 each to Blowout Cards and SolarFly Cards). The other 50 cases were sold directly to collectors via our website.

Our next set, Carnival (20's and 30's dust bowl era carnival and sideshow acts) will have 65 cases, and be sold directly as well as through some online dealers. We have 3 other sets planned so far this year: Insecta (scientific based insect set), The Deep (deep sea themed set), and Cryptids Series 2, to follow up to our debut set. Space series 2 will be early next year, and we're also in talks for various licensed properties and other non sketch based sets.

Thanks!
Ryan

Posts: 4 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oops!Sorry for any errors Ryan.My memory must be going as I get older Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my three packs today.Wish I could have got more.

Chadwick Haverland,Mikey Babinsky,David Rabitte(one of only five he did for this set Big Grin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

posted Hide Post
These look really nice . I was wondering how can I get the chance to be an artist for a card set with Cult-Stuff ? They seem to have the products that i'm most into .

Michael,

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IbDaToNeGuY:
These look really nice . I was wondering how can I get the chance to be an artist for a card set with Cult-Stuff ? They seem to have the products that i'm most into .

Michael,

Try getting in touch with them via their website cult-stuff.com.They often post on this board and also Scoundrel.Last time I saw them at Memorabilia they were on the lookout for new artists.

posted Hide Post
I got my cases today and enjoyed a fun break! I'll try and get some better individual scans at the weekend when I have more time.
My personal favourite is the Leah Mangue "Super Massive Black Hole"!! (Case 3)

Case 1:

Gorman, Gorman, Orrery
Adauto, Mangue
DePaola, Henderson
Dos Santos, Werner
Spohn, Kezele

Case 2:

Dos Santos, Spohn
Hunt, Hardy, Shay
Adauto, Gorman, Werner
Manuel, DePaola

Case 3:

Swanger, Proctor
Anderson, DePaola
Vega, Babinski
Chartier, Dos Santos
Mangue, Sepulveda

If you see anything you would like to own, drop me an offer by PM and we can discuss...

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Floater, what if I want it all. LOL. The supermassive black hole is spectacular, as is the Gorman and Hunt in Case 2. Drool

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thought I would share an AP sketch I got from Tim Proctor Big Grin .