Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Chronicles of Riddick, The (Rittenhouse)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronicles of Riddick, The (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

posted
Big thumbs up to Rittenhouse for the collation. Thumb Up

Base sets - only sorted a couple of boxes but got three sets in each so am looking for around 40 for the case

Pitch black (18 cards 1:3 packs) - 8 complete sets plus 14 odds (no dupes in the odds) Smile

Casting call (9 cards 1:10 packs) - 5 complete sets plus 3 odds Big Grin

Auto's

Case loader Keith David (1)

Vin Diesel (1)
Judy Dench (5)
Karl Urban (5)
Keith David (1)
Alexa Davalos (4)
Thandie Newman (4)
Colm Feore (4)

Shame I only got one regular Keith David but on the whole very happy with the case.

David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by david963:

Shame I only got one regular Keith David but on the whole very happy with the case.

David

Hi David,

It's just been posted on the Rittenhouse message board that the Keith David COR auto that was inserted into packs is nearly as rare as Vin Diesel's. It was a last minute decision to get him to sign a second set of cards so there aren't as many. Topic can be seen by following the link :-

Rittenhouse message board - Chronicles of Riddick Keith David auto

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Wendy,

thanks for the info, another strange thing is that the Keith David auto is the only one to have a coated/glossy back.

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened my box today
2X Basic Set

Pitch Black 1,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18

Casting Call 1,2,3,9

Autos Karl Urban
Alexa Devalos

Posts: 16 | Location: Tamworth, UK | Registered: December 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
My box:

Autos: Colm Feore, Judi Dench
Casting Call: 1,2,3,9
Pitch Black: 5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17

2 Base Sets, 3 cards short of a third. Found the second auto hiding amongst the unsorted base cards (duh).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
My box looks a little similar to your's:

2 base sets
4 Casting Call - 1,2,3,9
14 Pitch Black - 1, 6-18

Autographs:
Judi Dench - Aereon
Colm Feore - Lord Marshal

Two minor weird things:
Two packs yielded 8 cards, but there was a duplicate card in each; guess they stuck together. Also, a few card backs (~20) had white lines on the boarder, as if they had not been cut properly.

Love the puzzle posters Smile

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Brought 2 boxes on this set and here is the break down Smile

6 base sets and a few spare cards

A complete run of Pitchblack cards and a few spare

1-2-3-4-5 casting call cards and 3 duplicates

Colm Ferore x2
Judi Dench x2

On the whole not bad but am a bit dissapointed that I got the same Autos twice Frown

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If you would like to trade one of the Judi Dench autos take a look at my trade list which is in the trade section. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I was able to purchase the Keith David case topper auto for a reasonable price. I only need the Vin and David pack autos and I will have them all. I really like this set...very well done.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 box 40 packs 7 cards each B
box design B+
wrapper design B-
2 complete base sets(missing 3 for third set) A
base set design C+
Cast CC1,2,3,9 1:10 C(plain jane)
Pitch Black 1-11,17,18 1:3 B-
2 Autos Dench,Urban B

Overall C+/B-
Great collation and box design. Rough edges on many commons. Base commons featured too many shots of Diesel in a repetitive pose. Costume cards or one more level of inserts would have earned this release a solid B rating. Release seems to lack imagination. Haven't seen the movie yet, so maybe there isn't much to work with in the first place.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Base commons featured too many shots of Diesel in a repetitive pose.
Release seems to lack imagination. Haven't seen the movie yet, so maybe there isn't much to work with in the first place.

I wouldnt go as far to say the release lacks imagination...I really liked it. BUT I will agree with the too many shots of Diesel or other profiles in the base set. After seeing the film it had a bunch of great SFX shots that should have been blended into the base set. It seems as if sets today (vice those that I have or remember from the 70's) are getting away from cards depicting great explosions or space battle scenes. An action set should depict ACTION! and not just focus so much on character features.

The film wasnt all that great in that it started good but dived in the end but there were plenty of great shots that could have made for a much more exciting base set. The base set did not have even one special effects shot.
The "Pitch Black" sub-was very nice and between the front and back was blended well.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Watched the DVD a few weeks ago so I figured I'd get a few boxes. Here's the first with 2 more on the way:

2 Base sets, 3 cards short of a 3rd
4 Casting Call - CC4,5,6,7
14 Pitch Black - PB1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,18
2 Autographs - Alexa Davalos, Thandie Newton

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Got my other 2 boxes:

Box 1:
======
3 Base sets
4 Casting Call - CC1,2,8,9
13 Pitch Black - PB3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
2 Autographs - Judi Dench, Karl Urban

Box 2:
======
2 Base sets, 2 cards short of a 3rd
4 Casting Call - CC2,3,4,5
13 Pitch Black - PB1,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18
2 Autographs - Colm Feore, Judi Dench

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Hey Everyone. I picked a box of this up at yesterday's Philly Show.

2 Base Sets (1 card short of 3-#22)
14 of the 18 Pitch Black (missing #'s7, 9, 10 & 11)
Casting Call: CC3, CC4, CC5, CC6
Autos:
Alexa Davalos as Kyra
Karl Urban as Vaako

No Vin Deisel, but I', happy with the 2 autos! Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today at a London comic fair.

This is what I got:

4 x Casting Call cards: - CC1,CC2,CC3,CC9
14 x Pitch Black cards: - PB1 and then PB6 to PB18 (same as another box posted above)
2 autos: - Keith David Thumb Up & Alexa Davalos Drool

Unsorted base cards as yet, but looks like at least 2 base sets - some have rough edges and the last card in every pack has some sort of indent line along one edge.

Nice box though, now to track down the rest and a binder.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Nice box!!! You pulled 2 of the high valued autos!! Thumb Up

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Awesome autos you got there! Thumb Up

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is it me or are the autographs from this set extremely hard to find in decent condition? I can't seem to get my hands on mint condition autos from this set to save my life. I'd even settle for near mint. But all I see is badly damaged corners and extensive chipping on these cards. I get too wrapped up in condition but I bet strict mint (graded or ungraded) autos from this set will carry a premium in the future because so many of them are damaged.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
Got me a box, very happy that I got 1 of the autos I wanted:

Alexa Davalos as Kyra Drool Metal
Karl Urban as Vaako Shake Head

These base cards and autocards are way nicer style than XMen 3 (with that huge X). Found these autos in mint condition. A few of the base cards were rough round the edges. Also nice to see that the card back pics are different from the front Big Grin then you get twice as many pics Wink

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post