Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Alphas Season 1 (Cryptozoic, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alphas Season 1 (Cryptozoic, 2013)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
First Case:

Autos

A1 Ryan Cartwright
A3 Azita Ghanizada
A4 Laura Mennell
A5 Malik Yoba
A6 Mahershala Ali
A7 Kathleen Gati
A8 Jane Moffat
A9 Liane Balaban

Costumes

M2 Bill blue shirt
M3 Bill gray shirt
M4 Cameron plaid shirt
M6 Dr. Rosen plaid shirt
M7 Dr. Rosen blue shirt
M8 Gary sweatshirt
M9 Gary striped shirt
M10 Nina gray tanktop
DM1 Cameron & Dr. Rosen
DM2 Rachel & Gary

Inserts
Behind the Alphas: 1 complete set, 3 extras
Alphas Team: 1 complete set, 5 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Second Case:

Autos

A1 Ryan Cartwright
A3 Azita Ghanizada
A5 Malik Yoba x2
A6 Mahershala Ali
A7 Kathleen Gati
A8 Jane Moffat
A9 Liane Balaban

Costumes

M1 Rachel blue shirt
M3 Bill gray shirt
M4 Cameron plaid shirt
M5 Cameron gray shirt
M6 Dr. Rosen plaid shirt
M7 Dr. Rosen blue shirt
M8 Gary sweatshirt
M9 Gary striped shirt
DM1 Cameron & Dr. Rosen
DM2 Rachel & Gary

Inserts
Behind the Alphas: 1 complete set, 2 extras
Alphas Team: 1 complete set, 5 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I heard these were in cases of six rather than the usual ten or twelve.Is that true?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today, even though I have never seen Alphas. Seems very much along the lines of X-Men, without the costumes. Big Grin

Very short set, only 60 cards, so I got a base and 47 doubles. Don't know why its so small, base sets will be plentiful.

Inserts: CH2, CH3, CB03 and CB04

Autograph: A5 Malik Yoba (Bill Harken)

Costumes: M6 David Strathairn (Dr. Lee Rosen) and DM1 Warren Christie (Cameron Hicks) and Strathairn (Dr. Lee Rosen).

I like David Strathairn, so I was happy to get his wardrobe cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 10394 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box

Auto
A3 - Azita Ghanizada as Rachel Pirzad

Costume
M2 - Bill's blue Shirt (season 1)
M7 - Dr. Rosen's Blue Shirt (season 1)
DM1 - Hicks & Rosen's costumes (season 1)

other
CH1, CH9
CB01, CB05

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MARKPERRY2000
posted Hide Post
I was looking to get a box of Alphas, is it worth buying? Last box I purchase was Superman, I was a bit disappointed. So should I go ahead and get Alphas? Appreciated nay suggestions.

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARKPERRY2000:
I was looking to get a box of Alphas, is it worth buying? Last box I purchase was Superman, I was a bit disappointed. So should I go ahead and get Alphas? Appreciated nay suggestions.

Hi, you are kind of new to Card Talk. I don't think anyone should advise you to buy or stay away from any product. Its best if you do research and decide what you like.

I will say this as far as pointers. Are you interested in the subject? Alphas had two seasons and was not renewed. So did you like the show or never saw it? Each box has a base set and doubles.

What kind of premium hits? Alphas has a short autograph list and single and dual costume cards. There is one autograph and at least one costume card in each box. The main star did not sign, but are you interested in autographs of any other cast members? Are any of the autographs selling well on eBay. You will have to look that up, I won't comment as I don't sell.

Finally, how much are the boxes where you are? Sometimes you can find blowouts and its a good deal for boxes. There are many choices in non-sport cards these days, so how you spend your money is all up to the individual, but you will want to get the best value for whatever it is you decide to collect. Smile

Posts: 10394 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MARKPERRY2000
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I am or was a fan of the show. I collect what I like and I do like this set just was gauging what other have thought about it. I would love it if Cryptozoic did do a second set despite the show's cancellation.

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No problem, if you liked the show and the price is good, you may want a box. The two hits are guaranteed, I got 1 autograph and 2 costume cards in the box I tried. I would say that the cards are decent, but I didn't see the show.

Just don't expect a big hit because none of the autographs are going really high right now, as far as I know. Good luck.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Bought the binder and got M11 card. In box I got : Autograph cards A1, A7. Ch2,8. M1, CB01, 08. 1 full 60 card base set and some extras.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up a cheap box from Dacardworld.

Got a base set,CB03 and CB04,CH4 and CH6,auto A3,and costumes M6,M8,and DM3.Also got the binder with M11 at a knockdown price Smile .

Really a very nice set all round Thumb Up .

Opening several more boxes of various Cryptozoic products that were on sale half price or less from both Dacardworld and Henry at Juniors, will post results as I open.

Seems like with anything not called Big Bang or Walking Dead from Cryptozoic it's better to wait before buying.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Seems like with anything not called Big Bang or Walking Dead from Cryptozoic it's better to wait before buying.

Well I think the Guild, Fringe, Alphas and Psych had a very small group of fans and cards were not a great idea. Vampire Diaries and Castle might have been more popoular. I'm not interested in Vampire Diaries, but Castle was a good looking set and I really liked it, yet there is very little mention of it anywhere.

So yes, CZE really has only two big non-sport card titles, but all their sets have been well made if you just consider production only. The choice of titles not so much.

Anyway if the allocations and distribution changes mess around with the success of WD and BBT it won't be pretty for CZE. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up another box for even less than the last one. At the rate these are falling in price they will be paying me to take them off their hands soon Big Grin !

Got a base set,CB02 and 07,CH03 and 07,auto A2 and costumes M9 and M10.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I am doing a 3 week visit to Australia in the middle of my 2 years in the UK. I had a bunch of cases waiting, as well as the results from some shared comic set breaks.

case 1:
M1 M2 M4 M5 M6 M7 M8 M10 DM3
A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A7 A9

case 2:
M2 M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 M9 M10 DM2 DM3
A1 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 A9

CZE did a good job with these. The autos list is superb with 5 out of 6 of the main cast signing and the other autos are from recurrent characters. Shame the show never took off.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up a case to try and complete the set. Just missing DM1 now Smile . The cost per box worked out to under $14 Eek .

Got eight of the nine autos (missing A2), eight of the ten single costumes, (missing M1 and M5), and two of the three dual costumes (missing DM1).

Anyone got a spare DM1 to swap lmk I have duplicates of most cards.