Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones Season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Still no Headey in 5 cases? Eek

I noticed that as well. I wonder how many she actually signed, it seems quite rare as well as Kit Harington's.

I actually pulled a Harington out of each of my cases...no Headey or Clarke though.

I was pretty disappointed in my break as I only pulled 28 different autos. I pulled 20 different from the first case, but then only 8 different in the second, and most cases the different ones were the full bleed or bordered of someone I pulled the other version of in the first case.

I think the only real difference was in the first case I pulled a full bleed Jason Momoa, and in the second I pulled a bordered Mark Addy.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been buying chase sets and am surprised at how little there going for in an auction format. I did a BIN for the parellel set for $50 (maybe a bit high) and just won a shadowbox set for $32. There doesn't seem to be any high priced chase sets right now.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this is starting to look like another set where mini master sets are goning to be about the same price as a box, and the way the market is flooding at the moment all except for 3 or 4 auto's are going to be about $10 or less Frown

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased my first ever case as I love the show.

Richard Madden as Robb Stark (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish "Littlefinger" (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Conleth Hill as Lord Varys (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo (Bordered) Limited (Upper End) x2
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Esme Bianco as Ros (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Ian McElhinney as Barristan Selmy (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End) x2
Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Jack Gleeson as Prince Joffrey Baratheon (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
John Bradley as Samwell Tarly (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Julian Glover as Grand Maester Pycelle (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Miltos Yerolemou as Syrio Forel (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End) x2
Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane "The Hound" (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon (Full-Bleed) Limited (Lower End)
Michelle Fairley as Lady Catelyn Stark (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)

Despite all the duplicates still delighted to get Emilia Clarke

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
and just won a shadowbox set for $32.

It must have been you that beat me to that then Smile

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just broke one case (should've bought 2 or 3 after the auto cards got doubled!!):

- Case Topper: 736/900
- Base: 15 sets, 146 spare cards (with 2 sealed packs kept back for my folder)
- Parallel: 1 set, 24 spare
- Quotable: 2 sets, 6 spare
- Houses: 2 sets, 6 spare
- Win or Die: 2 sets, 2 spare
- Shadowbox: 1 set
- Auto: 17 (of 36) Upper-End Limited, 5 (of 13) Lower-End Limited (plus 2 duplicate Upper-End Limited);

Upper-End Limited: Bordered (10 of 18, with one duplicate)
Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo
Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen
Jamie Sives as Jory Cassel
Jerome Flynn as Bronn
Julian Glover as G.M. Pycelle
Kristian Nairn as Hodor
Miltos Yerolemou as Syrio Forel
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne
Rory McCann as "The Hound" * 2

Upper-End Limited: Full Bleed (7 of 18, with one duplicate)
Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish
Conleth Hill as Lord Varys
Ian McElhinney as Barristan Selmy
Jack Gleeson as Joffrey Baratheon * 2
John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
Kristian Nairn as Hodor
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne

Lower-End Limited: Full Bleed (0 of 3)

Lower-End Limited: Bordered (3 of 3)
Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark
Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo
Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon

Lower-End Limited: Bordered (2 of 7)
Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister

Overall, I'm very pleased with this set. As usual with Rittenhouse, the collation was really good, and I completed a mini-master set from my case. I have 5 of 13 of the rarer autos, and only 2 Upper-End duplicates (which are going up for trade).

The cards themselves are very impressive. The base set have good episode summaries, but I'd have preferred the character cards to have been grouped better so each page was colour-coordinated - I'm not a fan of the rainbow-effect it's created. I’ll admit though, this does look quite good in the parallel set with the reflective surface! There are some really good quotes on the quotable cards, the Win-Or-Die cards are nice with the Iron Throne image, and I do like the Shadowbox cards, although I'd have preferred if they were either 4 or 8 in the set so they'd go neatly into 4-pocket pages (3-n-3 looks odd, and 4-n-2 is also a bit wrong!).

I’ve got P1-P4 in the binder, and I’ve got two incentive autos and the Q10 (Rittenhouse Reward) cards on order, so I’m just going to hunt down the missing autos to have a complete set!

Roll on Rittenhouse's Season 2 (Just finished watching it on TV – it’s AWESOME!)

Ali_G_4th

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ali_G,

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
My first box (#2525/9000)yielded the following:

1 base set
8 parallel cards (which I don't like much)
House cards H5, H7 (Targaryen + Frey)
Quotable Q2, Q6
Win or Die SP2

Autographs (both full bleed):
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo
Miltos Yerolemou as Syrio Forel Smile

aaaaaaaaand

the Jon Snow Shadowbox card! Bouncey Clap

Are there any pages that fit these thick kind of card?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Soul-on-Fire,

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Box #448 --
- 8 parallels
- House 1 & 8 (Baratheon & Tyrell)
- Quotable 4 & 8
- Win or Die SP5 (Jon Snow)
- Cersei Lannister Shadowbox (wow, are these ever THICK)
- Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark auto (FB)
- Ian McElhinney as Barristan Selmy auto (FB)

================================================
Box #4423 --
- 7 parallels
- House 6 & 9 (Arryn & Greyjoy)
- Quotable 2, 5 & 6 (makes up for the missing parallel)
- Win or Die SP3 (Robert Baratheon)
- Elyes Gabel as Rakharo auto (B)
- Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy auto (FB)

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
While I was waiting for my 2 boxes to come from my friendly dealer, I picked up three random packs from my LCB store and pulled:

Q4, Q8 and parallell card # 38

UPDATE!!

Box 4484 of 9500
Parallells 2, 14, 25, 30, 32, 42, 57, 68
SP 4
H6, H9
Q4, Q7
John Bradley as Samwell (Bordered)
Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon (Full bleed)
Tryion Lannister shadowbox Thumb Up

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

The 4 pocket pages work well with these

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

The 4 pocket pages work well with these

Thanks!

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Opened four boxes today. Very pleased with the results. Smile

Box 0530
Autos:
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish "Littlefinger" (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Shadowbox: Eddard Stark

Box 0531
Autos:
John Bradley as Samwell Tarly (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Jerome Flynn as Bronn (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Shadowbox: Daenerys Targaryen

Box 1530
Autos:
Kit Harington as Jon Snow (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Shadowbox: Robb Stark

Box 2526
Autos:
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)

Very pleased to get some of my favourite characters (Arya and Bronn) and three Shadowbox cards too. The base set is very nice, although I am going to rearrange the character cards into the various families to keep the colour coordination going. The chase sets are great too with the "You Win Or You Die" being particularly well done.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's a bit of information regarding the the "Archive" box (actually boxes) for anyone who can use it.

The two boxes are shrinkwrapped together, but also individually shrinkwrapped, along with the usual tamper proof stickers to hold them closed.

They are labelled Box A and Box B.

Inside box A were 24 sealed packs which held exactly this:

The regular base set, all of the insert sets except the Shadowbox cards and all 49 pack inserted autographs. Every pack had at least one autograph, a few had three, but most had two. It is an incredible thrill to open a box like this even knowing what's in it, but could you imagine finding a "hidden" one of these? I don't know whether or not they were made for this series.

Inside of Box B were 24 more sealed packs. Once opened, they produced a complete 72 card Parallel Foil set and the 6 card Shadowbox set. (These were found one per pack, the only card in the pack). The 1, 3, and 6 case incentives were in the standard gold stickered top loaders underneath the packs.

With so many more autographs in Box A than Box B, I'd go for the "A" box if I could only get one of them (although that buying scenario ocurring is probably not likely, as I imagine most dealers would only sell the two boxes together).

No promos in the box. I didn't expect them, although the lone "Archive" box I've purchased in the past, Twilight Zone series 4, did include the promos (including the Binder promo) as I recall.

A little bonus with this was the 96 wrapper points, so I'm a third of the way to that sweet Syrio & Arya #10 rewards cards, anyway. Smile

This is a fantastic set from a company that is hard to argue is not the best in the business. Congrats to Rittenhouse on the success of this set. Keep 'em coming, RA!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Here's a bit of information regarding the the "Archive" box (actually boxes) for anyone who can use it.

The two boxes are shrinkwrapped together, but also individually shrinkwrapped, along with the usual tamper proof stickers to hold them closed.

They are labelled Box A and Box B.

Inside box A were 24 sealed packs which held exactly this:

The regular base set, all of the insert sets except the Shadowbox cards and all 49 pack inserted autographs. Every pack had at least one autograph, a few had three, but most had two. It is an incredible thrill to open a box like this even knowing what's in it, but could you imagine finding a "hidden" one of these? I don't know whether or not they were made for this series.

Inside of Box B were 24 more sealed packs. Once opened, they produced a complete 72 card Parallel Foil set and the 6 card Shadowbox set. (These were found one per pack, the only card in the pack). The 1, 3, and 6 case incentives were in the standard gold stickered top loaders underneath the packs.

With so many more autographs in Box A than Box B, I'd go for the "A" box if I could only get one of them (although that buying scenario ocurring is probably not likely, as I imagine most dealers would only sell the two boxes together).

No promos in the box. I didn't expect them, although the lone "Archive" box I've purchased in the past, Twilight Zone series 4, did include the promos (including the Binder promo) as I recall.

A little bonus with this was the 96 wrapper points, so I'm a third of the way to that sweet Syrio & Arya #10 rewards cards, anyway. Smile

This is a fantastic set from a company that is hard to argue is not the best in the business. Congrats to Rittenhouse on the success of this set. Keep 'em coming, RA!

Thanks for this very informative post chesspieceface. I just purchased a Game Of Thrones archive box (my first archive box ever) and I was wondering how the breakdown would be between boxes. I can't wait to get it!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Box 2

8520 of 9500

parallels 7, 24, 27, 35, 59, 65,66

Autos: Ian McElhinney (FB) and Elyes Gabel (Bordered)

Shadow Box John Snow Bouncey

SP 5
H5, H7
Q2, Q5

I like the embossing on the Quotation cards very pretty.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I got a case of these from my friendly dealer. I am very happy with it. Big Grin I haven't broken a case in a long long time.

I also pre-ordered the Peter Dinklage and Sean Bean.

Ok, here we go:

Box 3588 (I'll only list the autos)
Mark Addy as King Baratheon full bleed
Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran bordered

Box 6507
Richard Madden as Robb Stark bordered
John Bradley as Samwell Tarly bordered
Tyrion Lannister shadowbox

Box 4454
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark bordered
Kristian Nairn as Hodor bordered
Daenerys Targaryen shadowbox Smile

Box 0480
Rory McCann as The Hound full bleed
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo bordered
Robb Stark shadowbox

Box 8487
Ian McElhinney as Barriston Selmy full bleed
Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark bordered Big Grin

Box 2475
Jamie Sives as Jory Cassel full bleed
Esme Bianco as Ros bordered (love her sig even though it's only her first name)

Box 8486
Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo bordered Luv You
Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger full bleed

Box 0479
Miltos Yerolemou as Syrio Forel bordered
Jack Gleeson as Joffrey full bleed

Box 1481
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne full bleed
Harry Lloyd as Viserys full bleed
Eddard Stark shadowbox

Box 5438
Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy full bleed
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys bordered Bouncey
Cersei Lannister shadowbox

Box 3553
Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran full bleed
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister bordered

Box 7447
Julian Glover as Grand Maester Pycelle bordered
Conleth Hill as Lord Varys bordered

And box topper #658 of 900

I haven't sorted all the chase yet or the base sets so I don't know what I have on that front, but I'm expecting full sets.

I'm very happy with this case. I love the look too. And I didn't get any doubles Smile But I'll have a ton of the other chase up for trade once I figure out what I have.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
My case arrived yesterday, so I stayed up way later than I should have busting it open while watching the first season on Bluray, lots of fun Big Grin
I'll just give a list of what I got in the whole case, not a box by box rundown.

Tons of base sets (obviously Twak) but there was one box did not make a full set.
I'm one card shy of a full parallel set, missing #15 if anyone can help me Smile
Quotable; 2 sets plus extras
Houses: 2 sets plus extras
You Win or You Die; 2 sets plus extras
1 set of Shadow box cards (very lovely cards indeed)

Autos;
Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister (Bordered) Limited (Lower End) Clap
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister (Bordered) Limited (Lower End) Luv You
Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo (Bordered) Limited (Lower End) Clap
Lena Headey as Queen Cersei Lannister (Bordered) Limited (Lower End) Dance
Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon (Bordered) Limited (Lower End)
Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane "The Hound" (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark (Bordered) Limited (Upper End) Clap
Julian Glover as Grand Maester Pycelle (Bordered) Limited (Upper End) x2
Jerome Flynn as Bronn (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Jamie Sives as Jory Cassel (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Jack Gleeson as Prince Joffrey Baratheon (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End) my least favourite character, so I would have preferred a Bordered version Roll Eyes
Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark (Bordered) Limited (Upper End) Smile
Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Conleth Hill as Lord Varys (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End) x2 Shake Head
Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy (Bordered) Limited (Upper End)
Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish "Littlefinger" (Full-Bleed) Limited (Upper End)

I was really hoping I would pull an auto from Charles Dance and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, so I'm very happy. Not so much about the two doubles, but I guess it is something to trade with.

I didn't have any problems with the base cards being cut wonky, so I guess I'm lucky.
All in all, I'm very happy with my case Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Nice score on the Lena Headey as well, you got a great case Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Nice score on the Lena Headey as well, you got a great case Smile

I agree...that's probably the most balanced case of GoT that I've seen.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest thing I was happy about is I found most of the upper end autos were the Bordered version, which is what I wanted to focus on collecting first before the full bleed autos.
So I think I was very lucky with the case.

Silly me had already bought a Headey and Coster-Waldau off of the bay earlier thinking I wouldn't have a chance at pulling them and that's what I pull Roll Eyes Oh well, it will give me great stuff to trade with hopefully. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post