Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Game of Thrones Season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives)

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/6317059026

June 09, 2012, 07:09 PM
Miss Lizzy
Game of Thrones Season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Fourth Case:

Autos

Full Bleed:
Alfie Allen
Miltos Yerolemou
Ian McElhinney
Owen Teale
Rory McCann
Mark Addy
Harry Lloyd
Jerome Flynn
Jason Momoa
Art Parkinson

Bordered:
Emilia Clarke
Kristian Nairn
Elyes Gabel
Michelle Fairley x2
Jack Gleeson
Harry Lloyd
Conleth Hill
John Bradley
Esme Bianco
Jamie Sives
Jerome Flynn
Isaac Hempstead-Wright
Aidan Gillen


Inserts
Shadowbox - 1 complete set, no extras
The Houses - 2 complete sets, 6 extras
You Win or You Die - 2 complete sets, 2 extras
Quotable - 2 complete sets, 6 extras
Case Topper #616/900

____________________
www.misslizzyscollectibles.com
Twitter: @MLCollectibles


June 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Logan
WOW Miss Lizzy, 4 Emilia Clarke autos in 4 cases! Eek Normally I'd say that's bad luck but not in this case. Big Grin
June 09, 2012, 07:54 PM
MrBlueofnyc
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
WOW Miss Lizzy, 4 Emilia Clarke autos in 4 cases! Eek Normally I'd say that's too bad but not in this case. Big Grin

no lena's though

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
June 09, 2012, 08:59 PM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
WOW Miss Lizzy, 4 Emilia Clarke autos in 4 cases! Eek Normally I'd say that's too bad but not in this case. Big Grin

no lena's though

That's what I was thinking.
Do you think that indicates that there might be less of the Lena Headey's, making her signature the more limited one?
June 09, 2012, 09:10 PM
Mister E.
Great to see that the cards are great for you collectors.

____________________
The early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.
June 09, 2012, 09:12 PM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
WOW Miss Lizzy, 4 Emilia Clarke autos in 4 cases! Eek Normally I'd say that's too bad but not in this case. Big Grin

no lena's though

That's what I was thinking.
Do you think that indicates that there might be less of the Lena Headey's, making her signature the more limited one?


I do think Lena may end up being slightly tougher to pull than Emilia (though it's really too early to tell). It's interesting so far from what I've tracked on eBay the autographs listed the fewest times have been Kit Harington and Michelle Fairley.
June 10, 2012, 05:51 AM
Sidewinder
The prices are high for the Emilia Clarke autos, even though they don't appear to be too rare right now, though they might begin to dry up.
June 10, 2012, 08:04 AM
hammer
Box #1 - 2536
Quotable Q2 and Q6
Houses H2 and H4
You Win or You Die SP1
Autographs -- Julian Glover Full Bleed, Kristian Nairn Bordered

Box #2 - 6574

Quotable Q2 Frown and Q5
Houses H2 Shake Head and H9
You Win or You Die SP1 Shake Head Mad
Autographs -- Elyes Gabel full bleed and Rory McCann full bleed

The bonus was a shadowbox card Smile

Disappointing to get 3 duplicates in the 2nd box - that is the gamble of buying random boxes and not a case. I think I will stick to buying Mini-Masters or a case as I will have to buy all the chase sets anyway. It is a lovely set though and I really like the House cards (Just wish I didn't have a duplicate. I have 2 more boxes coming!

Also just noticed that I have 7 badly cut cards from my second box meaning no 2nd base set Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
June 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
DeathStorm
Bought a case in a moment of madness.

Full-bleed

Upper end
Elyes Gabel as Rakharo
Esme Bianco as Ros
Jamie Sives as Jory Cassel
John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
Kristian Nairn as Hodor x2
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark

Lower end
Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark

Bordered

Upper end
Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish "Littlefinger" x2
Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen
Ian McElhinney as Barristan Selmy
Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark
Jack Gleeson as Prince Joffrey Baratheon
Jerome Flynn as Bronn
Julian Glover as Grand Maester Pycelle
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne x2

Lower end
Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister
Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark
Kit Harington as Jon Snow
Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon

No idea if I did well or not!
June 10, 2012, 02:03 PM
Jason00
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Box #1 - 2536
Quotable Q2 and Q6
Houses H2 and H4
You Win or You Die SP1
Autographs -- Julian Glover Full Bleed, Kristian Nairn Bordered

Box #2 - 6574

Quotable Q2 Frown and Q5
Houses H2 Shake Head and H9
You Win or You Die SP1 Shake Head Mad
Autographs -- Elyes Gabel full bleed and Rory McCann full bleed

The bonus was a shadowbox card Smile

Disappointing to get 3 duplicates in the 2nd box - that is the gamble of buying random boxes and not a case. I think I will stick to buying Mini-Masters or a case as I will have to buy all the chase sets anyway. It is a lovely set though and I really like the House cards (Just wish I didn't have a duplicate. I have 2 more boxes coming!


Hammer, I will take your extra Q2 off of your hands if you want to trade. I have H1, H3 and H8 to trade. I'm in the US if that matters.

____________________
"For a universe that's supposed to be half Chinese, Firefly sure doesn't have any Asians." -- The Uncomfortable Truths Well
June 10, 2012, 04:46 PM
igman7
I ended up busting 2 boxes while bored at a show today.

Box 1
Julian Glover bordered
Art Parkinson bordered w/heart)

Box 2
Isasac Hempstead-Wright full bleed with I.H.W. sig
Richard Madden

I did ok, for not pulling any of the ladies.

____________________
Feeling happy? Then rip open a box. Feeling blue...then rip 2!
June 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
tangent
I organised a group buy for Australian collectors, but didn't intend to break any myself. However, a long weekend combined with trying to avoid study meant that I broke some boxes today. I was just going to break a couple, but the first 2 were almost all child actor autos so I decided to do a bit more. I ended up breaking 5 boxes because that gets enough cards to have the full set of the chase except shadowboxes (after trading of course). Here's the haul from my 5 box break:

5 sets (2 cards off a 6th)
40 parallel cards
Quotable: Q1 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q7 Q8 Q9 (duplicates Q4 Q4 Q8)
House: H2 H3 H4 H6 H7 H8 H9 (duplicates H2 H9 H9)
Win or Die: SP1 SP2 SP3 SP5 (duplicates SP5)
Shadowbox: Tyrion Lannister

Upper limited bordered:
Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark
Jack Gleeson as Prince Joffrey Baratheon
Rory McCann as Sandor Clegan (the Hound)
Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen
Jerome Flynn as Bronn
Owen Teale as Alliser Thorne

Lower limited bordered:
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister

Upper limited full bleed:
Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
Jamie Sives as Jory Cassel
John Bradley as Samwell Tarly

The best thing about the break is the spread, no duplicate autos. I also got a pretty good collation on the chase sets. However I underscored on the shadowbox cards and also the lower end limited autos since I got almost all upper end.
June 12, 2012, 04:43 AM
Miss Lizzy
Fifth Case:

Autos

Full Bleed:
Jerome Flynn
John Bradley
Esme Bianco
Kristian Nairn
Elyes Gabel
Art Parkinson
Maisie Williams
Jamie Sives

Bordered:
Kit Harington (finally!)
Jerome Flynn
Conleth Hill
Harry Lloyd x2
Ian McElhinney
Charles Dance
Isaac Hempstead-Wright
Owen Teale
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (again - finally!)
Aidan Gillen
Jack Gleeson
Julian Glover
Miltos Yerolemou
Alfie Allen
Mark Addy


Inserts
Shadowbox - 1 complete set, no extras
The Houses - 2 complete sets, 6 extras
You Win or You Die - 2 complete sets, 2 extras
Quotable - 2 complete sets, 6 extras
Case Topper #493/900

____________________
www.misslizzyscollectibles.com
Twitter: @MLCollectibles


June 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
Juelle Lou
Still no Headey in 5 cases? Eek
June 12, 2012, 08:35 AM
Sidewinder
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Still no Headey in 5 cases? Eek


I noticed that as well. I wonder how many she actually signed, it seems quite rare as well as Kit Harington's.
June 12, 2012, 08:45 AM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Still no Headey in 5 cases? Eek


I noticed that as well. I wonder how many she actually signed, it seems quite rare as well as Kit Harington's.


I should have picked up one of them when they were selling relatively cheap to what they are going for now.
June 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
hammer
Box #3 - 7464
Quotable Q3 and Q5
Houses H3 and H6
You Win or You Die SP1 - 3 SP1's in 3 Boxes Mad
Autographs Elyes Gabel (Bordered) (both versions in 3 boxes) and Harry Lloyd (Full Bleed)

The bonus was a shadowbox card Smile


Box #2 - 1502

Quotable Q6 Frown and Q9
Houses H2 Shake Head (3 of these) and H4 (2 of these)
You Win or You Die SP4 Hooray
Autographs -- John Bradley (Bordered) and Jack Gleeson (Bordered)

Disappointing to get so many duplicates in 4 boxes - that is the gamble of buying random boxes and not a case. I think I will stick to buying Mini-Masters or a case as I will have to buy all the chase sets anyway.
June 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Still no Headey in 5 cases? Eek


I saw on another site that someone else opened 5 cases and pulled 1 Lena Headey. She appears quite tough to pull.
June 12, 2012, 12:36 PM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Still no Headey in 5 cases? Eek


I saw on another site that someone else opened 5 cases and pulled 1 Lena Headey. She appears quite tough to pull.


Strange because Rittenhouse is usually very reliable when it comes to rarity of autos and they do not list her as rarer than any of the other lower end cards.
June 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Strange because Rittenhouse is usually very reliable when it comes to rarity of autos and they do not list her as rarer than any of the other lower end cards.


Perhaps later opened cases will be overflowing with Headeys. Big Grin

Right now I can't figure out the pricing I'm seeing on some of these GofT autograph cards. The early BINs and auctions have a slew close to or over box cost. I can accept a couple of star autograph cards being rare and pricey, but this is a large and mostly unknown cast prior to the show. This first wave of buyers, if in fact they are buying, must have high expectations. Eek