Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men: The Last Stand (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men: The Last Stand (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
just opened a box yesterday and i had a great surprise. The base set IMO is terrible but i had the chance to get 2 sketches in the same pack !

Iceman by Sean Pence and Wolverine by Scott Rosema. The cards were stuck one on the other and i thought at first they were fake as the card is thinner than the ones in the base set for instance

congrats to you, I've experienced the same with Family Guy Season One. I've hadn't had the time and money to buy an X-men box

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
hi

i just opened a box yesterday and i had a great surprise. The base set IMO is terrible but i had the chance to get 2 sketches in the same pack !
Clap
Iceman by Sean Pence and Wolverine by Scott Rosema. The cards were stuck one on the other and i thought at first they were fake as the card is thinner than the ones in the base set for instance

Has anyone experienced this before ?

Thanks !

Wow that great for you Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
hi

i just opened a box yesterday and i had a great surprise. The base set IMO is terrible but i had the chance to get 2 sketches in the same pack !
Clap

Thanks !

Good job with the two (2) sketches! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Well here's my little X-Men tale. I picked up two boxes a few days back for my birthday as a little present to myself. First off let me say that although I was a little disappointed at the lack of text on the cards, I did really dig the images and I thought the puzzles were a nice touch. My only problem was how my boxes broke down...

First Box:
Wolverine: W3, W6, and W7
Casting Call: CC4 (Storm) and CC6 (Rogue)
Art & Images: ART6 (Mystique)
Take A Stand: None
Autograph: Haley Ramm as Young Jean Grey
Sketch: None

I figured eh, ok so it's not the best box in the world but it was fun to break open so I go on to box two figuring it can only get better from here...

Second Box:
Wolverine: W1,W2,W6,and W7
Casting Call: CC12 (Cyclops) and CC16 (Angel)
Art & Images: None
Autograph: None

I really didn't think my second box would be THAT much worse than my first. True, I got an extra Wolverine card, but two of the four I got were doubles from the first box, and I didn't recieved an Auto or an Art and Images card at all from the second box.

I wasn't really holding my breath for a Sketch card so I wasn't really let down by not getting one, but I was kind of hoping for a Take A Stand card.

So being that I don't buy too much Rittenhouse product, can someone who does give me a little insight on what I can do? Joanna? Anyone? Does Rittenhouse replace cards that are missing from boxes? I've sent off an e-mail to RA's customer relations already, so I'm waiting to hear back, but any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kjn,

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmatsuda:
quote:
hi

Clap

Thanks !

Good job with the two (2) sketches! Thumb Up

i forgot to add that, in this same box, i had an autograph card (Young Jean Grey) and a Art & Images card (Cyclops) Overall, a very good box but i'm sad to hear that it was not the case for other people on this board Frown

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
Second Box:
Wolverine: W1,W2,W6,and W7
Casting Call: CC12 (Cyclops) and CC16 (Angel)
Art & Images: None
Autograph: None

I wasn't really holding my breath for a Sketch card so I wasn't really let down by not getting one, but I was kind of hoping for a Take A Stand card.

So being that I don't buy too much Rittenhouse product, can someone who does give me a little insight on what I can do? Joanna? Anyone? Does Rittenhouse replace cards that are missing from boxes? I've sent off an e-mail to RA's customer relations already, so I'm waiting to hear back, but any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

You've done the right thing by e-mailing Rittenhouse. The Take a Stand cards IIRC are 1:80. So just because you bought two boxes doesn't necessarily mean you'll get one. I think you should have got an auto card and an arts and images card though, as they are both 1:40.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 3 boxes.

3 Art & Images
9 Wolverine
6 Casting Call
1 Take a Stand (Angel)

Autos
omahyra as Arclight
Desiree Zurowski as Jean Grey's mother
Bryce Hodgson as Artie

Disappointing but that's the way it goes.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opening 1 of my cases

and I got a great box 7028 - 9000

Wolverine W1 - W4 - W8

Casting call CC1 - CC14

Art & Images ART7 Rogue

Take a Stand T4 - T5

Auto - Iceman and Professor Xavier

Just need a sketch to make it a peach

(Have pull 2 sketches out of the case)

5 more cases to go

I will post anymore hilights

Cheers Mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
5 more cases Eek

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he said 5 more cases! Shake Head Drool

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
I finally got my two boxes today:

Box #4714/9000 :

Casting Call: CC8 Beast, CC16 Angel Smile
Wolverine: W1, W4, W8
Art & Images: ART8 Storm
Autograph: Haley Ramm (Young Jean Grey)
Take A Stand: T3 Phoenix Luv You

Box # 7186/9000:

Casting Call: CC4 Storm, CC12 Cyclops
Wolverine: W3, W5, W7, W9
Art & Images: ART4 Cyclops
Autograph: Desiree Zurowski (Jean Grey's Mother)
Sketch: Mystique by Scott Rosema Clap

The autos weren't the best, but the other chase cards were fantastic Smile The best is, that the sketch portrays one of the coolest characters and the Take A Stand was the one I really wanted the most!
Oh, and I have to say, that I like the base set cards...

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
You did real good with those two boxes! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Great job on your boxes Cee_Jay! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of manolito
posted Hide Post
Opened my case.

I am still shocked from my case.

NO Very limited autograph and NO sketchafex card in the case.
From the 12 autograph cards that i got only 2 Limited (Bolivar trask and colossus).
No set of the casting call cards and No set from the art cards and No set from the take a stand cards.

Contacted customer service about my problem.
Hope that they can help me out because i paid a lot of money for a bunch of common autograph cards and some specials.

Posts: 164 | Location: the netherlands | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Got my X3 box yesterday:

#4726/9000

2 base sets
W2, W6, W8 (I would buy a whole box with these Wolverine cards... Luv You)
CC5 (Phoenix) + CC9 (Iceman) Smile
Art1 (Prof. X)
Autograph: Bill Duke

Take a stand: 0
sketch: 0

I would trade my Bill Duke auto for an auto from Iceman or Cyclops.
Shoot me an e-mail if anyone is interested. Wink

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got my box it was a long slow process this time. I ordered from the same folks I got my stargate box hoping for another
very limited auto but no such luck.
Box 2754
Wolverine 1, 4, 7
Casting Call 4, 11
Art 4
Auto Cameron Bright as Leech
I wasn't too thrilled about the auto until I looked up imdb and realized he'd been in stargate. That made the auto more appealing to me.
For the inserts well there's no such thing as having too much Wolverine especially liked the tank top shots Luv You I was so glad I'd bought a minimaster set and got the take a stand cards which are outstanding. I still enjoy the art & images effect. The casting call cards are enjoyable but not outstanding. Does it bug anyone else that the first 9 cards don't all have the faces on the same side but the next 7 cards do have the face on the same side?
Now I liked the base set. I like character cards, liked the quote cards and the movie scenes. Sure some were a little fuzzy especially the blackbird which is a shame since I love that aircraft design but overall nice shots. Though it bugged me that the shots are out of sequence in regards to movie time play. It always drives me nuts when the title card doesn't face the same way as the other cards on the page Eek I've put a promo card in backwards and put the title card (with another one backwards to show the take a stand collage) in at the end of the casting call page.
I like the puzzle card backs to the quotables but was surprised they weren't landscaped instead of vertical.
LOVED the binder. I'd been put out since there had not been a Wolverine promo but it was all good since he had the binder all too him self Bouncey
So far I've been able to buy 3 sketches two Rosemas Wolverine and Xavier; plus an Iceman by MIller. I hope to afford one sketch card from each artist.
Overall a decent tribute to the X-men. I hope RA can provide the X-men with the same treatment the Avengers will be getting. Or at least an add on set with either a Mystique (or let me dream Storm) auto or a sketch card!

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Got hold on two boxes that I received today

W1,W3 and W7
CC6 (Rogue) and CC14 (Juggernaut)
ART7 (Rogue)
Autograph: Omahyra as Arclight
T5 - Dance

W5,W6 and W9
CC1 (Prof. X) and CC13 (Colossus)
ART9 (Beast)
Autograph: Haley Ramm as Young Jean Grey

Well, all in all not to bad. Not so happy about the autographs and would of course have loved getting a sketch, but I received a "Take a stand"- card Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got round to breaking my case:-

Quite pleased got two sketches, two very limited autos and a complete Take a Stand set.Smile

Box 1
Wolverine – 2,6,9
Casting – 9,15
Art –5
Auto – Kelsey Grammar Big Grin Big Grin
Sketch – Mystique (Rosema) Smile

Box 2
Wolverine – 2,5,6,9
Casting Call – 2,4 (Magneto)
Art – 7
Auto – Michael Murphy

Box 3
Wolverine – 5,6,9
Casting – 7,13
Art – 5
Take a Stand – 5
Auto – Cayden Boyd

Box 4
Wolverine – 2,6,9
Casting – 4(Storm), 6
Art – 8
Take a Stand – 1 (scratched)
Auto – Cameron Bright

Box 5
Wolverine – 1,3,7
Casting – 5,10
Art – 1
Take a Stand – 2
Auto – Aaron Stanford

Box 6
Wolverine – 3,5,7
Casting – 7,13
Art – 2
Take a Stand – 6
Auto – Daniel Cudmore

Box 7
Wolverine – 1,3,7
Casting – 1,14
Art – 2
Auto – Patrick Stewart Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin After the Hugh Jackman which I wasn't going to get this was the card I most wanted.

Box 8
Wolverine – 2,4,8
Casting – 9,15
Art – 6
Auto – Omahyra
Sketch –Rogue by Sean Pence Big Grin Big Grin Absolutely gorgeous sketch. Love it.

Box 9
Wolverine – 3,5,7
Casting – 12,16
Art – 3
Auto – Bryce Hodgson

Box 10
Wolverine – 1,4,8
Casting – 8,11
Art – 9
Take a Stand – 4
Auto – Dania Ramirez

Box 11
Wolverine – 2,4,8
Casting – 4,6
Art – 4
Take a Stand – 3
Auto – Aaron Stanford

Box 12
Wolverine – 1,4,8
Casting – 1,14
Art – 4
Auto – Cayden Boyd

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Case Break I would of been happy

Posts: 59 | Location: Iowa | Registered: June 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
That is a spectacular case break for this product! This would have been my dream case with the 2 autos I'd most want, not to mention a limited auto in addition to the 2 very limited, TWO sketches, complete ART set, and no dupes in the Take a Stand Set!

Congratulations!

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post